Author Topic: Unhiding hidden units  (Read 3195 times)

Styker

• Warrant Officer
Unhiding hidden units
« on: 11 December 2016, 03:49:55 »
How do you unhide a hidden unit?  MM skips the movement phase for that unit, and then tells me hidden units can only spot during the firing phase. 

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: Unhiding hidden units
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2016, 06:25:18 »
I think you have to select the unit and go to the last tab and there should be a button to unhide. I think... I've only used it once and it has been awhile.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2017, 02:41:20 »
Hidden units now works?  Oh my . . . what about handheld weapons?  I want to give some Wasps and Stingers a RL10 gun.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2017, 08:58:21 »
Nada on the hand held weapons.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2020, 10:53:10 »
I think you have to select the unit and go to the last tab and there should be a button to unhide. I think... I've only used it once and it has been awhile.

Can you specify which part of the turn you can unhide a unit?
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

yukamichi

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2020, 11:27:48 »
Yeah, there's the option of Movement Phase, Firing Phase, or Physical Attack Phase.

Also, remember to actually click the "Activate Unit" button rather than just selecting when from the drop-down menu, because I kept forgetting that yesterday and was very miffed at myself :P

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2020, 11:52:36 »
Here this: The only time the hidden unit is selectable is during the firing phase (currently). Is that Activate unit available on the top bar pull-down selects?

Ok, just to be clear for the next person searching the forums on this subject:

In order to activate a unit you hidden, you must physically select the unit, to bring up the BIG BLACK square (that shows status, Pilot status, armor status, equipment and SENSORS). The tab you want to hit in at the very button of the Sensors subtab. Just be to 105% anal on the verbage so the next guy looking doesn't rage. TU, Yukamichi. I spent about 2 hours with 2 units playing solitaire in their mechhud's... because I'd know how to activate them.

Do you have any of the 'skip ineligible' options checked?  That might be getting in the way.  And if so I'd call that a bug.
No, sir. It was just PEBCAK. It's a learning process...  ::)
« Last Edit: 24 May 2020, 12:06:16 by ThePW »
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2020, 11:59:37 »
Do you have any of the 'skip ineligible' options checked?  That might be getting in the way.  And if so I'd call that a bug.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2020, 02:02:19 »
When I have used hidden units some versions ago, they need a full turn to act after reveal themselves and they didn't have the advantage at all....

Register