Author Topic: Looking to add more fan made TROs/Sourcebooks to Battletech Fandom Wiki  (Read 12799 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Hi Guys & Gals
My hobby (strangely as it is) is archiving the good works everyone works hard on.  I want these labors of love have home where others can find them.

That being said, the wiki has eight known Fan-Made TROs in this Category and Sourcebooks.

If anyone knows of a TRO, source books etc that are missing. Please let me know or you can also edit the wiki yourselves and add them to the site.

Thank you!
Wrangler
« Last Edit: 15 December 2019, 10:10:27 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
Hi Guys & Gals
My hobby (strangely as it is) is archiving the good works everyone works hard on.  I want these labors of love have home where others can find them.

That being said, the wiki has eight known Fan-Made TROs in this Category and Sourcebooks.

If anyone knows of a TRO, source books etc that are missing. Please let me know or you can also edit the wiki yourselves and add them to the site.

Thank you!
Wrangler

Someday, I will find the guts to try and put together Fanbook:Kowloon and the Ngo-verse to include Ngoverse specific designs done up in the correct format with fluff.

come to think on it, I should probably subcontract that part out, shouldn't I?

The Ngoverse fanbook, I imagine, would heavily detail that fanfic 'verse in terms of TO&E, equipment in use by era, and all that 'backgrounding' for fun stuff like the Arluna Flu, Elbar Declaration, Ngo family line, and so on.

I wonder if I'd have volunteers to do the art?
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
I don't know about volunteers, but I have to say Plog has VERY reasonable commission rates...

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
i have several fan made TRO's on my external hard drive saved.  dont know if i can say the names here.
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
i have several fan made TRO's on my external hard drive saved.  dont know if i can say the names here.
How come? Fan books are just fan books.
« Last Edit: 15 December 2019, 13:55:05 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
TAG'd.  Some of the fan sourcebooks are fantastic.
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
If you guys have some, please post HERE or if you don't want to message me and i will put them wiki.

I think wiki be great depository for fan-stories as well, but it's up to you folks.  However, i think having them in PDF form or something be easier to put on the wiki or linked to a cloud.

idea weenie

• Major
Definitely sounds like fun

Lost my design for a wheeled gun design I made on the solaris7.com web site (single Gauss rifle, 10 pts each to sides and rear, and ~200 pts of armor in the prow), otherwise I'd toss that up for the database

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Not problem. Wiki is good for anything. Anyone can edit. I have spare time i will add things as i go.
From Legend website to mentioning long gone or hard finf websites.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Thank you forr everyone who's sent me stuff. I will try get something started. There alot!  :D

Hairbear541

• Master Sergeant
you might want to check out wolfcannons thread over on the the obt called here for all to use .

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
Yeah it has loads of fan product
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
Star Captain James Sword

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
I'm slowly adding entries into the wiki. I just did my first one,  Technical Readout: N & B. (Nuts and Bolts) from the Solaris 7 Website 2005.
So far i've not seen away to attach pdf to the wiki yet. I'm still learning.  I wish i could contact some of folks who made this stuff to get permission.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Hi Guys & Gals

Me, too!  Wrangler, son - we need to talk.  And don't forget to send me an email addy.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=45897.0

...I'm running out of enthusiasm and space, and haven't updated it for months...  I was going to volunteer to work on the fiction site, but life is continually raising its ugly head, and I'm 50 this month.  I'm just hanging on for CGL to get their act together and put out Shattered Fortress in late '20-'21 and end the Clan story arc, and I'm done.  I haven't been able to play TT for years, now, and fan stuff has been the only source of interesting, creative work for most of a decade.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Ahh i was wondering what happened your post. I thought it was pinned. 
I'm slowly working on wiki. My time limited time to time.

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
I know Knightmare has several fanworks including mine available for download at the link below.

https://www.ourbattletech.com/downloads/

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
I know Knightmare has several fanworks including mine available for download at the link below.

https://www.ourbattletech.com/downloads/
Some of your Sourcebooks (first 2) are listed. I will see Knightmare's stuff is there.

Main pain i found is adding sources (uploading) for place books arent anymore. I get dad nervious if i dont have permission. I do have Sarna editor in me.

Red Pins

• Major
PM sent, Wrangler.

Most of the OBT books are there, or the popular ones anyway.  I confess to picking and choosing somewhat.

You know, you could just post links to these sources - as long and they're kept up, it should keep you at arm's length and keep dad happy.
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
You know, you could just post links to these sources - as long and they're kept up, it should keep you at arm's length and keep dad happy.
Some links are private accounts. Which i would think its no no. Some sources are gone for good. Best i can do get still remains and list contents all the books i can read.

Red Pins

• Major
Hmm.  Pass me the list of what you can't get; I might have it.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
OK, i've added the listing for second volume of TRO: Nuts & Bolts II to wiki.
Bare in mind, i am unable to upload this to the Fandom wiki because way it's setup. I apologize.  This and original N & B's website is gone. There appears to no place hosting it.

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
N&B was done for Solaris7. that site is back up and running
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
Star Captain James Sword

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
N&B was done for Solaris7. that site is back up and running
When i went on it, the site doesn't have N&B I & II.

kashim12

• Sergeant
Link to Solaris7? Thanks!

Red Pins

• Major
Yup.  In my list.  The writer apparently had a design competition with his sons - wish I could do that.   :'(

rufusexc

• Private
Link to Solaris7? Thanks!

Now it's a blog-style site: http://www.solaris7.com

rufusexc

• Private
When i went on it, the site doesn't have N&B I & II.

I have both of them and also Project Dark Phoenix in pdf! 8)

rufusexc

• Private
This is the list of fan made TRO I own in pdf:

Fanbook 05 - Technical Readout 2800
Fan-TRO-2830 (Lost Early Clan Vehicles)
Technical-Readout-TRO-2866-Rise-of-the-Scavengers-Fan-Made
TRO3027b
TRO-3028
fan-council-technical-readout-3048
TRO-3049 (Eve of Armageddon)
Delranes Fighting Ships 3061
TRO_ Wolverines 3062 (only text)
TRO3063-PQ8
Fan_TRO_3145_Steiner_Supplemental_extended_Final
BattleTech - Technical Readout - Project Zhukov (Bookmarked) (Final Version)
TRO- Shadows of War (English) E1
Built for War Preview
Delranes Military Equipment (Clans Revised Artwork)
Society XTRO v2-1
Trolotbv1-1 (Lord of the Battlefield)
TRO-Clan-Burrock
Technical Readout - Defensor Hominum 1.03
Technical Readout Project Dark Phoenix
Built for War Preview
TRO_NB
TRO_NB2

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Ok, so i'm posting that i've listing for the Shadow Lands: The House Amaris Sourcebook on the Battletech Fandom Wiki.

Only problem is specially these "homeless" pdfs i am extremely grateful for, the wiki appears to have no place upload them. I'd love to have a cloud sort of storage for anyone to get these creations from.

Register