Author Topic: ASF and FighterShips - Spectral Warcrimes (Under Construction)  (Read 761 times)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
So, done the individual entries for the Blakist Spectral ASF and a bonus, homebrew-tech, 150 ton twin-engine FighterShip.  Unfortunately, while I'm posting these to get them out of the way before forgetting the pain-in-the-butt struggle to design the Celestials since this is the last of the IS Omni-tech, I won't be doing the full page layout and art until it comes time to do the rest of the Aerospace units.  Its just too much work to add on 6 WarShips to the rest of the Naval forces (seen below).

So, here's the attached screenshot of the individual designs in a rough text format.

Naval Forces              87
     Interdictor II-Class Pocket WarShip        88
     Falsane-Class Erinyes Factory Ship        89
     Other surviving WarShips
     Athena II-Class Primitive JumpShip        90
     Hippo-Class DropShip           92
     Meerkat-Class Assault DropShip        94
     Battery-Class Recharge Station        98
*Design Drone Satellites*
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Red Pins

• Major
Re: ASF and FighterShips - Spectral Warcrimes (Under Construction)
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2024, 03:32:42 »
And a bit extra fluff.  Really should have gone to sleep instead, but par for the course.
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2024, 00:54:33 »
Well.  Seems I really have no skill at writing 'battle history' entries for ASF - I tried, multiple times, and although I thought I did a decent job of describing the Thera-class Corinth's assault on IlClan Wolverine fortress world and capital in an attempt to loot the orbital shipyards it sounded terrible.

So, I went on begin the Rusalka entry, but noticed the canon designs brought me the P, A, and B basically all energy-boats with a single non-energy weapon system, which was boring in the extreme.  I'll have to rewrite the configurations, but the Invictus and Dominus versions are good general purpose ones I'm ok with, so those stay.

So, the Rusalka, a work in progress now since I'm falling asleep at the desk.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2024, 22:34:50 »
An updated Rusalka.  I was trying to keep the spirit of the different configs, but after the Dominus, I didn't want to see another flashbulb.  Think it turned out ok.

Anyway, the Striga is next, and its early to bed tonight.

*edit - I'm kind of at a loss for the 39.5 tons of the Striga, although I want to include some 'service' variants; Drone mothership/controller, 2 HAG/20 & 2 CLGPL, BA dropper/cargo/internal bomb bay (for gravity nukes  :cheesy: ), a Bane competitor with SRM-6 (ST), and more Arrow-IV nuke launchers.

Any suggestions for some general-purpose configs would be appreciated.  Best I got now is a set of iACs, all firing LB-X style pellets.

*edit 2 - It will probably be a 3-page entry, all told, and that's before the 150 ton FighterShip, which will simply be 'more'.
« Last Edit: 30 January 2024, 23:03:27 by Red Pins »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2024, 23:48:13 »
Looking good so far.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2024, 16:56:02 »
Looking good so far.

Thanks - only another year or so to go.   :laugh:

Still, happy I already did the configs - forgot they were on the back of the next page in the workbook.  Wasn't feeling like redoing them.

So, doing the 'service' configs next - I figure at least 4-6.  The FighterShip is next after that, most of those configs are going to be aerospace superiority in a lot of flavors, with an internal bomb bay (if it can be pod space) for the 'rapid dragon' system the USAF is working on for their cargo aircraft.

Um.  Before that, I use a 'hardpoint' system to add modular pods to the Mech based on its lifting capacity and can add small weapons or, most often, heat sinks.  If I could do that with ASF, the Fightership could carry massive iAC firepower, lasers and heatsinks, ECM/ECCM pods, mines, etc.

oh, and here's the fluff for the Striga so far.  Definitely going to be two pages.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #6 on: 01 February 2024, 21:25:15 »
I'll be looking for OmniWarship I've always dreamed about, using Dropship size pods docking with extra docking collars.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 01 February 2024, 21:45:05 »
I'll be looking for OmniWarship I've always dreamed about, using Dropship size pods docking with extra docking collars.

..Haven't you read 'Fragmentation' or whatever its called on Fanfiction.net?  The Tramp-class dropship with the batteries in the Behemoth Dropships or whatever they were?  That was a great story, must have read that a decade ago.

You know, I just realized;  I put Hardpoints on Mechs.  In this entry, I realized I could put little 5-ton bundles of HS, etc. on the canon hardpoints all ASF and Small Craft have.

Imagine, what I'll think of - tomorrow.   :evil:

On that note, here's a finished capabilities section.  The highlighted text was supposed to be a 'Eminus' variant - turned it into the Primary so I could go from 3 ER-PPC to 2 and the GR.  The rest of the highlighted text is in the right place.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 05 February 2024, 00:44:44 »
Well, that about wraps it up.  I think the idea of a 4th Spectral series may be a bit much with the sheer munchkin-level firepower becoming clear - they were supposed to be the equal of an assault DropShip, after all - and every time I try to come up with something it kind of blurs together into a massive ball of DropShip-sized weapon list.  No individuality here.  I think an individual entry may be a better idea rather than lumping it in with the rest of the AS Fighters.

Anyway, its on hold - because looking up the Spectral Series on Sarna, what do you think I found?  I'll give you a hint; LAMs.

And, of course, they went extinct.  But PAMs are popular and available in the Legacy Cluster, I think.  So..  There's no hope of recreating the original Spectral LAMs, there just isn't the technology in the Cluster.  But a series of Partial AirMechs?  Yes..  So, starting work on the Pwwka II, Waneta II, and Yurei II tomorrow.  At least these will be the full entries and pages and only three to boot.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #9 on: 05 February 2024, 16:34:54 »
Interesting, Bimobal LAMs would be cool.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 05 February 2024, 17:54:35 »
Nah, they're permanently in the 'frog' stage.  I based them off the tactical handbook rules - No full-Mech or full-ASF.  But it means you're forever stuck with a ground speed of 1/2 or 2/3 and a Jump of x2 or x3, I can't remember.

On the plus side, they used Improved JJ on the Spectrals, so I'll probably change my own rules to allow them.  MORE research.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #11 on: 05 February 2024, 21:13:30 »
Permanent AirMechs were a missed opportunity for TPTB, in my opinion.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 05 February 2024, 21:35:35 »
Meh.  There are so many things like that its stupid.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #13 on: 05 February 2024, 22:08:07 »
So you're not going to use WIGE rules?  Mobility what makes a LAM well a LAM.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 05 February 2024, 23:35:02 »
Nope.  I started playing in the 80's, remember?  The WiGE rules are an abomination to LAMs, IMO.

I think they got a bad rep for players not playing by the rules and just not paying attention to them.