Author Topic: Alpha Strike Bat-Rep with Klat. Hold the Line!  (Read 2453 times)

clansittingducks

• Warrant Officer
  • When in doubt throw more metal at it
Alpha Strike Bat-Rep with Klat. Hold the Line!
« on: 29 August 2013, 22:45:46 »
So Klat and I managed to capture some pictures of our latest AS game. And thus, we have. Hold the Line!

We agreed to try another Objective mission, and decided on Hold the Line. I was the attacker as I typically run more mechs than Klat does.

Fighting on the distant ex Davion world of Gothica IV, where many monuments to the planets leaders were erected back in their halcyon days.

Turn 1. After deploying our forces I started off with my scout lances and cavalry lances running towards Klats Battlecorp forces, however that was a big killing field, after klat moved, he claimed his first kill and wiped out my Bushwhacker. It was a painful experience.

Turn 2. More manuevering on our parts, his Artillery never really hit anything, but it was on target this time around, which was a bit of a scare for me, I knew I had to kill that mech ASAP. Shots were exchanged, but no major deaths.

Turn 3. Things started to get interesting, my Fire Support lance ran up the big hill for raining missiley death on Klats dudesmen, our forces manuevered and once fire was exchanged his Artillery hit my Fire Support lance wrecking armor. However I erased his Thanatos after tagging him with my Raven. Klat managed to kill one of my Dervish mechs.

Turn 4. We decided that we would end the game by Turn 5 (or so I think I lost count by this point) By this point early on in the game I was winning init fairly easily. However by this turn and the next turn after I lost init. Arty fire and Klats skill 3 pilots began dropping my mechs fairly quickly. I lost 1 1/2 lances by the shooting phase was over. Ouch.... ouch ouch ouch.

Turn 5. I was steadly knocking out Klats mechs each turn, my Fire Support lobbing death and usually killing one mech each turn past turn 3. However Klat wised up to this and decided to kill them off. By the end of it, my Archer was the only one left standing. Gunning for each other, there was no mercy for either of us, Klat managed to wipe out 2 1/2 lances by the end of the game, could not meet his objectives, he was down to 5 mechs to my 14 surviving forces. We had a fun game, and learned quite a bit.

So once the dust settled, we figured out that 3050 era on up stuff has a better long range capabilities, just make sure you have at east skill 3 pilots and they will have an easy time shooting at that range. More rules were clarified, and we figured out how to get through the game. It felt like we got the pace down. After another couple of games it should get faster and faster
One score and seven years ago, our FASAs brought forth upon this world a new hobby: conceived in giant stompiness, and dedicated to the proposition that all miniatures are created equal (except in scale).
-Worktroll

Itinerant Hobbyist

• Corporal
Re: Alpha Strike Bat-Rep with Klat. Hold the Line!
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2013, 11:43:22 »
What happened, did they destroy the Davion monument? It's not there at the end.

clansittingducks

• Warrant Officer
  • When in doubt throw more metal at it
Re: Alpha Strike Bat-Rep with Klat. Hold the Line!
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2013, 12:35:31 »
It was still there, just did not get any clear shots of it by the end
One score and seven years ago, our FASAs brought forth upon this world a new hobby: conceived in giant stompiness, and dedicated to the proposition that all miniatures are created equal (except in scale).
-Worktroll

Register