Author Topic: Weird question: is the Gargoyle Prime actually good?  (Read 21495 times)

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Weird question: is the Gargoyle Prime actually good?
« Reply #120 on: 01 September 2019, 17:12:27 »
Of course if the Garg had mounted ERPPCs instead of LB5s the likely result would have been 4 headless targets...

abou

• Captain
« Reply #121 on: 01 September 2019, 18:52:45 »
With a zero gunnery and called shot rules, pretty much any mech but a  Charger should be kicking all kinds of ass.
True. But I do intend to play with this a bit more. Perhaps in a 1v1 setting and see what happens.

I get them backwards, is there where you get to hit half the mech?  B/c if so, then its close to the same gunnery skills if that is all they used- an effective 3 rather than a 1 or 2 gunnery for the full chart
+3 to hit and you can call whether you are aiming high, low, or to the left or right of the target. That +3 could really hurt chances with the SRMs and ER Small Laser, which often put To-Hit at 8 to 10.

Of course if the Garg had mounted ERPPCs instead of LB5s the likely result would have been 4 headless targets...
Yeah, but you aren't going to get the gunnery you want with BV multipliers.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #122 on: 01 September 2019, 19:16:19 »
The new 3D render on Anthony’s patreon has changed my mind it’s good now

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #123 on: 01 September 2019, 23:42:44 »
Maybe the Nova C or D is actually good.  :D
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company