Author Topic: TC Mech Production circa 3025  (Read 14496 times)

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
Re: TC Mech Production circa 3025
« Reply #30 on: 29 August 2018, 10:08:02 »
i think i found the center point of our discrepancy.

Yep, and I agree that the Chippewa entry is unclear. The Deployment section should be talking about the 3040s, because of how the book is framed, but "redesign" is the wrong word to describe resurrecting or copying a Star League variant, and (whichever year it turns out to be) the phrase "they were going to make the fighter anyway" doesn't clarify whether or not the Taurians were already building Chippewas.

No worries about your writing and tone. Your English is good (leaps and bounds beyond my paltry Spanish or German); any confusion between us was the same kind I see all the time between native English speakers. Your methodical, point-by-point post clarified things, and I don't find it condescending it at all; I hope my own responses have not seemed condescending either.

Or the recent licensing was simply the Taurians producing the Chippewa already, and instead of going after them in court or something, the two groups arranged for a "license" deal.

If so, it would have to happen when the Lyrans can exert legal pressure on the Taurians, which means after the third Whitting Conference in 3064 (when the Taurians join the Second Star League).
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: 29 August 2018, 12:07:41 »
Yep, and I agree that the Chippewa entry is unclear. The Deployment section should be talking about the 3040s, because of how the book is framed, but "redesign" is the wrong word to describe resurrecting or copying a Star League variant, and (whichever year it turns out to be) the phrase "they were going to make the fighter anyway" doesn't clarify whether or not the Taurians were already building Chippewas.

No worries about your writing and tone. Your English is good (leaps and bounds beyond my paltry Spanish or German); any confusion between us was the same kind I see all the time between native English speakers. Your methodical, point-by-point post clarified things, and I don't find it condescending it at all; I hope my own responses have not seemed condescending either.

If so, it would have to happen when the Lyrans can exert legal pressure on the Taurians, which means after the third Whitting Conference in 3064 (when the Taurians join the Second Star League).

Yeah, when you add the note about the TC inclusion in the 64´s Whitting Conference, it could be interpreted as the whole deal was just prior to it. The Taurian noew model appeared just a few years later.

As for my english, it could be better. Have to practice more.  ;)
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 30 August 2018, 00:30:13 »
My suspicion is that the Hatchetman was a typo, otherwise it makes no sense.

I always hoped they would give stats for the TC built Hatchetman. Cant remember was it the 3H? Figured it may have different stats maybe an AC5 with more armor.

haesslich

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 30 August 2018, 08:16:43 »
I always hoped they would give stats for the TC built Hatchetman. Cant remember was it the 3H? Figured it may have different stats maybe an AC5 with more armor.

Maybe it just had a hatchet, medium laser, and two IS nukes strapped onto each arm? /s

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: 30 August 2018, 10:28:11 »

TRO:3050U says -3F until it got destroyed in 3066 by the Fighting Urukhai raid at Taurus.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #35 on: 03 September 2018, 19:44:12 »
This may sound strange but...

Have you ever noticed that the TC could make Warhammers?

But not just that, but variants of them?

I'm not talking just the 6R, but the 6L and 6D, possible the 6K as well. Most of these are quick field repairs.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #36 on: 03 September 2018, 20:48:14 »
I think they make even 11 T more forward so they could do those variants in 3050

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #37 on: 04 September 2018, 01:02:03 »
The Lyrans are the "Merchant House", and they don't share a border with the TC.

I have little trouble believing that they would sell off licensing agreements to older 3025 versions of their home brew models to pay for R&D into 3050 tech versions like the Chippewa fluff implies.

The Commando was also the first Non-Terran Light Mech produced in the IS, having them sell off Blueprints to it when the TH wasn't selling Mech plans to anyone also seems like something they would do.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 12 September 2018, 13:30:12 »
In an only tangentially related thought....

From all of those old Marauder 3R lines, I wonder which Marauder variant, if any, is being manufactured in the Concordat in 3145?

Also, we can look forward to the Caldarone Protectorate and Taurian Concordat merging again in the 3150s. Might mech production pick back up?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #39 on: 12 September 2018, 13:53:54 »
I think -2R would be a possible upgrade for the -3R Marauder.

Since the -1R uses CASE and FF, the -2R upgrades that with ER Peepers and DHS tech.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #40 on: 12 September 2018, 15:10:42 »
In an only tangentially related thought....

From all of those old Marauder 3R lines, I wonder which Marauder variant, if any, is being manufactured in the Concordat in 3145?

Also, we can look forward to the Caldarone Protectorate and Taurian Concordat merging again in the 3150s. Might mech production pick back up?

According to this post (https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=58040.msg1335264#msg1335264), VMI os making the -2R since 3070 in New Vandenburg.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #41 on: 12 September 2018, 17:57:02 »
Nice link, thanks!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #42 on: 13 September 2018, 15:42:23 »
That's what I said above him, possible -2R upgrade to the -3R.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Register