Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 166106 times)

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #960 on: 04 June 2018, 16:35:39 »
Just Finished DETROIT last night. A good game of a particular Genre in my opinion. And a good use of choices I make in chapter 3 helping/hindering me in Chapter 12 or even a Finale critical decision choice dependent on earlier questioning/clues found.

All in all, I enjoyed it, and am definitely gonna play through a few more times to try and save everyone, or try a more violent revolution (went for the full Peaceful, positive Public opinion.)
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #961 on: 04 June 2018, 17:42:10 »
Playing Far Cry 3 Classic Edition.  Finally had time to sit down and play a little of it today.

Item crafting already annoys me.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #962 on: 05 June 2018, 00:09:36 »
Played FTL again I'm going to unlock C version ships. Federation cruiser and stealth cruiser C versions suck.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #963 on: 05 June 2018, 13:09:03 »
Playing Far Cry 3 Classic Edition.
Classic Edition? I looked it up on Wikipedia
Far Cry 3 will be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as a Far Cry 3: Classic Edition, on June 26, 2018.
What day is it now?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #964 on: 05 June 2018, 15:59:26 »
It was released May 26th.  Whoever wrote that Wikipedia entry got the month wrong.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

PsihoKekec

• Captain
« Reply #965 on: 12 June 2018, 00:43:59 »
Made it through to end!
I got interested and did a few playthroughs myself. In the latest one I had a nuke in my inventory and found an invulnerability globe near the stairs of the 7th level of Hell, so I took it, went down the stairs and nuked the Mastermind. Results were ... interesting.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #966 on: 12 June 2018, 10:34:00 »
I got interested and did a few playthroughs myself. In the latest one I had a nuke in my inventory and found an invulnerability globe near the stairs of the 7th level of Hell, so I took it, went down the stairs and nuked the Mastermind. Results were ... interesting.
You should have brought us a screenshot
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #967 on: 12 June 2018, 16:17:42 »
I so badly really want to see a Fallout were it shows the beginning. Like from Washington DC, and your a Spec Ops officer, get to meet the President or someone in charge after the bombs dropped and have to escape to a shelter with early mutants and people turned Raiders. Maybe even a " Tour of Duty " on board U.S.S. Constitution...

TT

And I was right... woot! Is it Nov. 18th yet?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

PsihoKekec

• Captain
« Reply #968 on: 13 June 2018, 00:38:41 »
You should have brought us a screenshot
That would have been spoilerific. Also it didn't occur to me to take a screenshot.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2018, 05:47:15 by PsihoKekec »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #969 on: 14 June 2018, 08:35:49 »
I just noticed that Nintendo is getting cool looking Mecha base game called Daemon x Machina, reported on ANN.

It reminds me of Armor Core that was on Playstations in it's early years. The designer apparently has done with Macross anime series in the past too.

Looks like it will be fun. Too bad i'm only have PC.  :'(
« Last Edit: 14 June 2018, 08:38:01 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #970 on: 23 June 2018, 10:47:59 »
I bought The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and started playing it. I knew it has lots of dialogue, but DAMN, it has LOTS of dialogue! This isn't your average JRPG either: combat is turn-based, but it includes movement, and pole arms have longer reach than swords. Great!

Then on another forum I read Humble Bundle has Shadowrun Returns available for free ::)
All right, I'll buy that one too even if I don't get the time to play it.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #971 on: 23 June 2018, 11:11:41 »
I got myself into Elder Scrolls Online during that last sale and I'm now wandering around good ol Vvardenfell.

Send help.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #972 on: 23 June 2018, 11:39:41 »
New Gundam Breaker and Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition. (No,  I'm not the one naming these things)  Waiting for my Macross Delta Vita to come in as well.

Dies Irae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #973 on: 23 June 2018, 17:35:16 »
I bought The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and started playing it. I knew it has lots of dialogue, but DAMN, it has LOTS of dialogue! This isn't your average JRPG either: combat is turn-based, but it includes movement, and pole arms have longer reach than swords. Great!

This is how it starts. Estelle is Bestelle.

The ability to speed through animations with the new Turbo Mode coded into the PC Game is a lifesaver. You'll thank XSEED immensely after your hundredth or so casting of "Aerial".

Also dialogue and villager flags update after EVERY major plot event, so they'll usually have something new to add to the discussion. Mind you, I said new, not useful.
« Last Edit: 25 June 2018, 02:58:52 by Dies Irae »

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #974 on: 27 June 2018, 22:09:58 »
Not so much what I'm playing - I already went through it about a dozen times - but I introduced my roommate to Undertale. She burned through it in about four days, inadvertently doing the "Pacifist" run, and is currently bawling downstairs at the ending. I'm not sorry.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #975 on: 28 June 2018, 10:47:57 »
Not so much what I'm playing - I already went through it about a dozen times - but I introduced my roommate to Undertale. She burned through it in about four days, inadvertently doing the "Pacifist" run, and is currently bawling downstairs at the ending. I'm not sorry.
Oh for goodness sake, go comfort her and hand her a handkerchief.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #976 on: 28 June 2018, 17:50:01 »
Oh for goodness sake, go comfort her and hand her a handkerchief.

She'll be fine...in a week or two. :)
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #977 on: 29 June 2018, 10:28:18 »
Ok. Really should have picked Macross Delta sooner.  Only 4 missions in and having fun with the Nightmare and Cheyenne II destroid.

Armiger

• Recruit
« Reply #978 on: 29 June 2018, 23:29:23 »
I'm playing Conan Exiles on the Xbox One at the moment. Given that I'm a huge fan of the Robert E. Howard writings I'm enjoying the game immensely.  :thumbsup:

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #979 on: 30 June 2018, 00:35:32 »
I was surprised by how panned that game was in all the reviews.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #980 on: 30 June 2018, 05:23:36 »
I'm working my way through a videogame challenge I joined on BoardGameGeek, and just finished The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief, which I enjoyed rather a lot, despite a few glitches that meant I had to reload periodically. I'm torn between trying to complete a couple of other mystery/adventure games I've been meaning to play for ages (Gabriel Knight 3, and Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter) or seeing what the Valkyria Chronicles is like.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #981 on: 30 June 2018, 07:49:19 »
I got hearts of iron iv on humblebundle monthly. Haven’t played much since the original. No internet until Wednesday so I have to wait a few days to see if I can still cause total chaos as Turkey again

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #982 on: 30 June 2018, 20:44:06 »
Picked up Dragon Crown Pro since it was on sale in the Playstation store.  I was a huge fan of Capcom's two Dungeons & Dragons arcade games back in the day, and Dragon Crown really scratches the same itch.

Armiger

• Recruit
« Reply #983 on: 30 June 2018, 21:33:33 »
Picked up Dragon Crown Pro since it was on sale in the Playstation store.  I was a huge fan of Capcom's two Dungeons & Dragons arcade games back in the day, and Dragon Crown really scratches the same itch.

Goodness I remember these, beat-em ups in the tradition of Bad Dudes and Double Dragon. Those were the days...

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #984 on: 30 June 2018, 22:40:13 »
Yeah, I must have spent hundreds of dollars playing Shadow Over Mystara, twenty five cents at a time.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #985 on: 01 July 2018, 08:50:19 »
Picked up the NES Classic on Friday.  I've meddled a little with several games but spent most of my time in it on Final Fantasy so far.  It's a pleasant sort of nostalgia.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #986 on: 01 July 2018, 09:27:29 »
Rainbow shops and flat mountains ftw.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #987 on: 01 July 2018, 14:34:10 »
Picked up the NES Classic on Friday.
Where the Hell did you got that!!? To my understanding it was sold out the month it came available.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #988 on: 01 July 2018, 15:42:27 »
Where the Hell did you got that!!? To my understanding it was sold out the month it came available.

Nintendo rereleased the device Friday and will keep way more in production like they are with the SNES classic.

Armiger

• Recruit
« Reply #989 on: 01 July 2018, 22:42:44 »
Yeah, I must have spent hundreds of dollars playing Shadow Over Mystara, twenty five cents at a time.

I do remember this one!

Register