Author Topic: Bumblebee Movie Trailer out!  (Read 11790 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: Bumblebee Movie Trailer out!
« Reply #60 on: 11 June 2018, 18:09:17 »
I've got anthologies of the last couple years of the original comics, up until the very end.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #61 on: 11 June 2018, 19:36:45 »
Did anyone ever have the old comic from the 80s?

I have the entire series, I believe, from the four issue mini-series that started it all to the ending issue of Generation 1 (which was the "final issue" of that "4 issue mini-series", only dozens of issues later), as well as the GIJoe vs. Transformers mini-series, the Headmasters mini-series, the mini-series that was 4 issues of stats and bios for all the Transformers of the time, and any other mini-series I might be forgetting...of course, this is the US Marvel run, not the UK version, which was much longer as they came out every week instead of every month over there...I also have much of the Generation II comics, but not all of that...

One of my fondest memories as a child was coming out of school one day, and getting in my mom's car to find the backseat covered in newly purchased Transformer toys as a reward for doing well on my report card (ah, the benefits of being an only child)...

Think my favorite issues are still the ones that introduced Omega Supreme, and the first ones that went back to Cybertron and introduced Blaster, Perceptor and several other Autobots, and the one that introduced the Predacons (and was their only major appearance, IIRC)...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #62 on: 11 June 2018, 19:56:51 »
Yeah, the Predacons only got that one major appearance at their introduction before they were relegated to background status prior to being killed by the Underbase-empowered Starscream when he wiped out all the old toys characters.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Kidd

• Major
« Reply #63 on: 11 June 2018, 20:36:28 »
IDW Publishing Dreamwave did some pretty good updating of the bot designs. I liked the Cybertron series. Very disappointed that they had to close down and reboot the timeline yet again.
« Last Edit: 12 June 2018, 00:04:04 by Kidd »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #64 on: 11 June 2018, 21:47:05 »
What?  When did that happen?

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #65 on: 11 June 2018, 23:45:28 »

Couple issues.  Specifically the three that followed the aftermath of Sparkplug poisoning the Decepticon's fuel supply, the Autobots beating them, and Shockwave wiping them out, rebuilding the Decepticons, and taking over the leadership from Megatron.

I loved the follow on to that, with the decpticons being in charge of the arc, Spike getting the creation matrix downloaded into him from optimus, Ratchet having to do that dinobot hunt, etc.. 

Think my favorite issues are still the ones that introduced Omega Supreme, and the first ones that went back to Cybertron and introduced Blaster, Perceptor and several other Autobots, and the one that introduced the Predacons (and was their only major appearance, IIRC)...

I absolutely loved that arc, showing what was still goin on back on Cybertron with blaster etc, and Stranx (or however it's spelled), lording over that one sector controlling that bridge thinggy..

Yeah, the Predacons only got that one major appearance at their introduction before they were relegated to background status prior to being killed by the Underbase-empowered Starscream when he wiped out all the old toys characters.

That was a funky arc..  The whole underbase storyline, and i was sad  to see him whipe out so many transformers..  on BOTH sides.

It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Kidd

• Major
« Reply #66 on: 12 June 2018, 00:03:35 »
What?  When did that happen?
Sorry, I'm an idiot. I meant Dreamwave, sorry.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #67 on: 12 June 2018, 00:41:11 »
You had me worried there.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #68 on: 12 June 2018, 07:12:53 »
Potential IDW-verse Spoilers, but...

...it is worth pointing out that, while IDW itself isn't going anywhere, they are rebooting the Transformers books at the end of this summer.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #69 on: 12 June 2018, 16:40:59 »
The only good thing IDW's done Transformers-wise was Scioli's insane GI Joe vs Transformers
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #70 on: 12 June 2018, 18:26:19 »
Dark Cybertron and Last Stand of the Wreckers were both fantastic.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #71 on: 12 June 2018, 19:01:03 »
The Megatron Reformed Arc, no matter how comically unbelievable, and anything to do with Ravage while he was chilling with Megs  on the Lost Light were also brilliant.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 12 June 2018, 23:24:37 »
Unlike many folk, i liked the whole Fortress maximus and his band landing on that one planet, in the headmaster/target master arc of the comics..
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #73 on: 13 June 2018, 06:45:14 »
I like the comic books from Marvel the most. It had a lot creative storylines.  Grimlock wasn't dumb as a rock, but aggressive and egotistical.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #74 on: 13 June 2018, 07:12:22 »
The old Marvel Grimlock-as-Autobot-Leader arc was some really good storytelling.

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #75 on: 13 June 2018, 08:06:23 »
The old Marvel Grimlock-as-Autobot-Leader arc was some really good storytelling.

To be honest, the Grimlock being dumb arc was annoying as hell, and only there to pander to the little kids crowd for the cartoon.

But the comics I loved the most was the short lived Transformers Generation 2 series. It was short but corrected many of the perennial issues that face all similar IPs. Those being the overwhelmingly simplistic nature of the motivations on both sides. The best part was Megatron's maturity, and the absence of madness that the Generation 1 comics wallowed in.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #76 on: 13 June 2018, 10:15:08 »
The Megatron Reformed Arc, no matter how comically unbelievable, and anything to do with Ravage while he was chilling with Megs  on the Lost Light were also brilliant.
The entire Lost Light run has been a joy.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #77 on: 13 June 2018, 11:05:18 »
I liked in the Titans Return just how long it took Prowl to remember what he should apologize to Fortress Maximus for.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #78 on: 21 July 2018, 06:50:40 »
So... possible spoilers, but it turns out that the jet that we all thought was Starscream because it looked exactly like Starscream is, in fact...

Blitzwing.  So, that’s something.

https://twitter.com/hybridnetwork_/status/1020466054496043009?s=21

Kidd

• Major
« Reply #79 on: 21 July 2018, 09:36:43 »
indeed. combined with these images that hint at, well...

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #80 on: 21 July 2018, 09:48:37 »
They are using Battletech as source material now too?  That's clearly a Spider.  Are they going to name it Anansi as well?  Methinks they are mixing up their robots.   :o

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #81 on: 21 July 2018, 09:55:02 »
So... possible spoilers, but it turns out that the jet that we all thought was Starscream because it looked exactly like Starscream is, in fact...

https://twitter.com/hybridnetwork_/status/1020466054496043009?s=21

From the comments in that link "let me guess, a tank/jet triple changer will appear in the next movie and be called Mixmaster."

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #82 on: 21 July 2018, 13:51:55 »

The article I read a while back said they are both supposed to be Decepticons, but the red one is supposed to be female, and I can't remember their names...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #83 on: 21 July 2018, 14:33:23 »
According to the Transformers Wiki, the red one is a female Decepticon named Shatter who transforms into a Harrier and a muscle car, which might make her the first female triple changer.  The blue one is named Dropkick and he's also a triple changer, but his altmodes haven't been revealed yet (though his kibble indicates that a car is one of them).

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #84 on: 21 July 2018, 15:47:41 »
If SDCC is any indication, Dropkick turns into an attack helicopter of come sort.

As for female triple changers, I think the lead character from the ROM vs Transformers crossover comic (Stardrive, I think her name was) was officially the first.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #85 on: 21 July 2018, 16:36:45 »
Hadn't heard of Stardrive before, a hazard of IDW using a shared universe for all Hasbro comic lines while I only follow Transformers.  The Transformers Wiki does list her as the first female character explicitly called a triple changer (though it inexplicably says that there have been previous female transformers with multiple altmodes but doesn't list them).

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #86 on: 21 July 2018, 16:46:09 »
I’m scratching my head who they would be.  Did Blackarachnia have a third mode after she got her transmetal body? 

The shared universe that came after Revolution was a huge turn-off for me.  I already wasn’t that into RiD/Ex-RiD, dragging GI Joe, MASK, and the Micronauts along for the ride - and peppering Transformers as guest members throughout -was a big mistake IMO. 

But... the ROM/Transformers crossover was actually pretty solid.  Good storytelling, fun hook, interesting new character, GREAT use of Starscream, believeable shared universe. 

I will say, I am reluctantly excited about the news that IDW will take a whack at the GoBots. 

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #87 on: 21 July 2018, 16:55:54 »
Separated at birth.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #88 on: 21 July 2018, 17:02:26 »
I’m scratching my head who they would be.  Did Blackarachnia have a third mode after she got her transmetal body?

I'm not sure.  There's Airachnid from Transformers: Prime, but I hesitate to call sticking her legs together and walking on her extra arms an actual third mode.

Kidd

• Major
« Reply #89 on: 22 July 2018, 01:23:54 »
Separated at birth.
Harmony Gold would've gone for it