Author Topic: (Answered) Opportunity Fire: Firing on the Jump question on Level  (Read 1182 times)

Charistoph

• Major
Tactical Operations: Opportunity Fire: Firing on the Move (page 84 in TacOps: Advanced Rules) allows for shooting between where one started a move and where one ends a move.

The next page (page 85) regarding "Popping Up" while trying to Jump to do it says a Mech needs to move at least one Hex.

However, neither section addresses the Level to consider the Jumper is at while it is Jumping, only that if one does Jump, to make sure that the appropriate AMM is added on to the Opportunity Fire modifier.

So questions come up:
1) If a 'Mech chooses to perform Opportunity Fire on the Move while Jumping, what Level would it be considered at for purposes of Line of Sight?  Is it:
  a) The Mech is considered the number of Levels higher than its starting point according to its Jump Capacity?  I.e. a Phoenix Hawk Jumping from a Level 2 to a Level 1 4 hexes away will be considered standing on a Level 8 at the point it fires.
  b) The Mech can be at any Level it chooses so long as it is at least as high as its landing hex?  I.e. Same Phoenix Hawk would be could be anywhere from Level 1 to Level 8 at the pilot's decision?

2) What Facing should the Jumper be considered using when it fires?  Is it:
  a) The Mech can be any Facing it wants when it fires because it can land any Facing it chooses.
  b) The Mech uses the Facing it had when it started the Jump.
  c) The Mech uses the Facing it will have when it lands.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2023, 05:41:55 by Xotl »
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Opportunity Fire: Firing on the Jump question on Level
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2023, 05:41:49 »
1) No less than the height of the landing hex and no higher than the unit's max Jumping MP in levels.

2) Whatever direction the attacker desires.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Charistoph

• Major
Re: (Answered) Opportunity Fire: Firing on the Jump question on Level
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2023, 17:09:33 »
Thank you for the answer!
« Last Edit: 05 September 2023, 17:11:20 by Charistoph »
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem