Author Topic: Portland Oregon Throwdown  (Read 12859 times)

FedCom4Ever

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • NW Classic Battletech
    • Northwest Classic Battletech
Portland Oregon Throwdown
« on: 26 January 2011, 01:24:32 »
I'll be hosting a battle at Guardian Games in downtown Portland. We'll be playing at 12:30pm. A Jihad scenario is likely.

www.ggportland.com
Catalyst Demo Team Member #68
Visit Northwest Classic Battletech on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/FedCom4ever
My Battletech Photos:
http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/Giskard01/FedCom4Ever%20Painted%20Battlemechs/

Gray_Noton_4lfe

• Sergeant
  • Unless to other People
Re: Portland Oregon Throwdown
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2024, 01:30:33 »
I know this is very old but is it by any chance still active? as in are any games still played in Oregon
« Last Edit: 06 June 2024, 14:08:10 by Gray_Noton_4lfe »
Corporal: Were under attack general.
General: who's attacking?
Corporal: Those 25 Urbanmech Mechwarriors you offended last week on Solaris.
General: That's....unfortunate. Could you remind me what I said to offend them?
Corporal: You said their Urbanmechs look like Locust-1Vs Sir.
General: ahh... I remember now.

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2024, 23:41:53 »
There are active BT scenes at Gongaii Games in Beaverton, as well as Mindtaker Miniatures in Vancouver. I've heard there's also some BT players who play at a store in Oregon City, but the player who told me about it said that the crowd down there was not very welcoming, and I'm not sure of the store. I don't drive so an active scene at a store in Portland proper would be really great for me, but AFAIK it doesn't exist. I also used to play at Epic Gaming down in Miluakee, but that was 13 years ago so I don't know if anything is still going on there, though the store looks like it's still active.

Guardian has BT products, but not really much of an established player base. It's the closest shop to me, but I no longer want to support it for reasons I would tell you about via private message, but don't want to proclaim publicly.

The Gongaii crowd seems like they play mixed-era campaign scenarios. The Mindtaker crowd mostly does 3025 grinders and similar. I'm personally more interested in what's going on at Gongaii as I find 3025 aggressively boring, but I also like to play pickup games with BV-built forces of various eras, and that style of game doesn't seem to be happening anywhere AFAIK.

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2024, 23:54:23 »
I know this is very old but is it by any chance still active? as in are any games still played in Oregon

Just quoting you so you'll get a forum notification :P