Author Topic: (Answered) Snowfall Includes Extreme Temperatures Effects  (Read 1148 times)

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
Code: [Select]
LIGHT SNOWFALL
  If a scenario takes place under such conditions, modify movement and combat as follows.
  Extreme Temperature: Light snowfall automatically includes all modifiers and effects of –40 degrees Celsius (see p. 62).
TacOps pg 60

Why does light snowfall force -40'C on the board so that now conventional infantry cannot exist?  It doesnt state that infantry are prohibited from thin or deep snow so, this -40'C for light - heavy snowfall seems illogical to me.  I only ask because I'm trying to run a game using all unit types and just read that snowfall would prevent conventional infantry from being fielded on the board.
« Last Edit: 08 July 2018, 11:37:02 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Snowfall Includes Extreme Temperatures Effects
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2018, 11:36:52 »
Per the rules, we don't do rules philosophy questions.  It's been that way since the TacOps first printing, so it's consistent if nothing else.

I do agree it's extremely silly; I can only assume it was written by someone who lives in Florida or something.  I'll look at queuing it up for errata.

EDIT: I should note for completeness' sake that the BMM separates snowfall from temperature, so if you're using that version of the weather rules you don't have to automatically mix the two.
« Last Edit: 08 July 2018, 11:40:39 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register