Author Topic: Spelunking in the Forums  (Read 13166 times)

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
Spelunking in the Forums
« on: 03 August 2013, 12:46:10 »
Hm...never been in the basement before...it's rather dark down here...and damp...mighty damp...not really sure if I feel safe down here...think I saw something furry moving in the shadows...hm, what do we have here..."Kali. Take once every morning."..."Lev Prime RS"...mmm, looks like a journal, 'Stone' written on top, looks like it's been written over something else: hard to read, 'Cameron' maybe?...that furry thing just ran past...what's this?...man, this box is HUGE..."Herb's Nuke Box"...okay, yeah, that makes sense...just stepped in something squishy...AND WHAT IS THAT SMELL?!?

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Spelunking in the Forums
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2013, 12:48:00 »
Oh, welcome. Good to see a new face down here. Might want to head to higher ground though.
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

wolfgar

• Captain
  • Wolfson's Heavy Raiders: 3058-3092
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2013, 16:45:12 »
And remember, its the squishy stuff that smells and its really hard to wash off your footwear
Wolf wins every fight but one, and in that one he dies, his fangs locked on the throat of his opponent.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2013, 17:18:10 »
Does it make any difference if the squishy stuff was purple?

Anyway, so who are the denizens of this subterranean world.

Also, why does IE have a quarantine sign by the door? Something about rabid marsupials?

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2013, 19:48:15 »
Spelunking, huh?  You know, there's medication that'll keep you from doing that on a regular basis. ;)
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #5 on: 03 August 2013, 21:33:30 »
Once you enter the basement, a part of it is always part of you. Bwahahahahaha!!!!!  :D
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #6 on: 03 August 2013, 23:59:45 »
Abandon all hope ye who hit enter here. This is where the weird ones are.

Like me.   O:-)
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

Molossian Dog IIC

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the sword ... die by dysentery.
« Reply #7 on: 04 August 2013, 19:21:39 »
This place is just for grinding your post count. Like a spawn spot of MMOs. But instead of garish coloured animals that look like they were stitched together from mismatched parts and who spit out shiny coins or gems if you put them out of their misery, you get...

...wait a minute...

...there is no "instead". What was I thinking?

wolfgar

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2013, 19:31:52 »
speak for thine own self, I am not some stitched together taxidermy experiment, blasted gene caste freeks......unless i'm using my fenspace character, then i'm the modified one
Wolf wins every fight but one, and in that one he dies, his fangs locked on the throat of his opponent.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 04 August 2013, 20:09:12 »
This place is just for grinding your post count. Like a spawn spot of MMOs. But instead of garish coloured animals that look like they were stitched together from mismatched parts and who spit out shiny coins or gems if you put them out of their misery, you get...

...wait a minute...

...there is no "instead". What was I thinking?

Only really matters if you care about Post Count though. Beyond that the space is for having fun!  ;)

Molossian Dog IIC

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2013, 04:47:24 »
Numbers -are- fun!

I´d also like to point out how much I approve of the frequent and sustained use of the term: "to spelunk".
« Last Edit: 05 August 2013, 05:03:06 by Molossian Dog IIC »

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #11 on: 05 August 2013, 21:51:15 »
I pay no attention to post count. I rarely pay attention to how rank I am, either.

Take that any way you want....  ::)
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 05 August 2013, 22:29:33 »
I have 9200 posts? Last time I looked at it, it was in the 7000's. I wonder how long until I hit the nice big number?  :D

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 05 August 2013, 22:45:28 »
I have 9200 posts? Last time I looked at it, it was in the 7000's. I wonder how long until I hit the nice big number?  :D

Seconds before the next forum crash... :D

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 05 August 2013, 22:48:30 »
Seconds before the next forum crash... :D

I'm ok with that. I don't mind losing the posts more than losing all the threads full of info we would lose.

Kamose

• Lieutenant
  • In the end, there can be only one...
« Reply #15 on: 06 August 2013, 19:46:37 »
Only really matters if you care about Post Count though. Beyond that the space is for having fun!  ;)
So this is the safest place to post multiple times just so you can increase your rank?  I've already been censured once for replying to multiple posters in different posts (in the order I read them as I catch up), rather than multi-quoting in one response (which I don't know how to do).  Guess I HAVE to come to the bottom to find that.   ::)
Kamose

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 06 August 2013, 23:40:30 »
I say get rid of ranks, there unimportant. The Forums are here for discussion and having fun. Ranks! We don't need no stinking ranks!  O0

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 06 August 2013, 23:50:07 »
I say get rid of ranks, there unimportant. The Forums are here for discussion and having fun. Ranks! We don't need no stinking ranks!  O0

Can we at least wait until I'm a Sang-wei?  :D

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 07 August 2013, 00:20:47 »
No, Sang-wei for you!

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 07 August 2013, 00:29:39 »
No, Sang-wei for you!

:'(

*Makes sad puppy-face and holds a little bunny in his arms. The bunny is crying too*

Kamose

• Lieutenant
  • In the end, there can be only one...
« Reply #20 on: 07 August 2013, 01:19:03 »
I agree with Stormlion, although I'd be glad to make YangJanshi a sang-wei if I knew what it was... some of us do not speak Mandarin.

Molossian Dog IIC

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 07 August 2013, 06:02:16 »
... rather than multi-quoting in one response (which I don't know how to do)....
It is simple. When you have hit the "reply" button, the text field appears. On this screen simply scroll down and you will see the last couple of posts. To the right of each is a "insert quote" button. It does just that.
If you want to quote some reply which is further back in the thread you really have to open a second Tab in your browser and find it.

You can also modify quotes like I did with yours, but make sure to make it obvious what you edited. 

Can we at least wait until I'm a Sang-wei?  :D
I never bothered to learn your outlandish capellan ranks. And I always get grumpy if capellan fans speak/write to each other and use them in a way that implies you -should- know their weird rank names. Don´t let HigakeMaru fool you. They do it on purpose. The Capellans ARE evil.  ^-^

They are elementary to the feeling of superiority I feel entitled to. That is a valid concern. ... ... ...

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #22 on: 07 August 2013, 09:30:08 »
:'(

*Makes sad puppy-face and holds a little bunny in his arms. The bunny is crying too*

An offering of rabbit meat is not enough to sway me. No silly Cappy rank for you! And for the puppy eyes, off to the capellan re education camps to learn a more stoic mindset.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #23 on: 07 August 2013, 10:13:10 »
An offering of rabbit meat is not enough to sway me. No silly Cappy rank for you! And for the puppy eyes, off to the capellan re education camps to learn a more stoic mindset.

Bwahahahahaha!!!
Nice comeback sir, nice comeback.

Aaand I got nothin'.

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #24 on: 07 August 2013, 15:22:59 »

As a precentor in Comstar and a former member of the Liao planetary HPG staff, I find the idea that the Cappellans are being forced to eat rabbits and then being shipped off to a reeducation camp appalling.   >:(  Prepare for interdiction! >:D
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

wolfgar

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 07 August 2013, 15:48:10 »
*opens the grill and looks at the 90lb pig on the spit,*

lunch is about ready, yall gonna stop arguing over the ranks and come eat?

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #26 on: 07 August 2013, 18:51:41 »
Oh goody, pig!!!! O0  Tell you what, we'll take that interdiction and apply it to the Dracs, instead! ;)  And, uh, we'll also send my advisors to Friday afternoon Blake classes to remind them of the Blessed Blake's teachings!
« Last Edit: 07 August 2013, 18:53:22 by ClarkeMarek »
Five rounds, rapid!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #27 on: 07 August 2013, 22:39:52 »
As a precentor in Comstar and a former member of the Liao planetary HPG staff, I find the idea that the Cappellans are being forced to eat rabbits and then being shipped off to a reeducation camp appalling.   >:(  Prepare for interdiction! >:D

Excellent! Nothing endangers stoicism like a lack of communication!  :)

Now to take off and eat some dead pig or more preferably barely dead cow that's still mooing as I cut pieces of steak from its raw hide.  [drool]

Oh, I shall ignore the Blakeism's for now. When I am done my food off to re education with you as well for deprogramming.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #28 on: 07 August 2013, 23:34:30 »
Wait...wait...when is the turn over from Lieutenant to Captain? Because I swear the last time I saw my profile I was a Lieutenant?
How could I miss being promoted???  :-\

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #29 on: 07 August 2013, 23:43:33 »
Oh, I shall ignore the Blakeism's for now. When I am done my food off to re education with you as well for deprogramming.

Wait?  You DARE try to brainwash a loyal member of Comstar? ???  We shall have to have a talk... }:)

Wait...wait...when is the turn over from Lieutenant to Captain? Because I swear the last time I saw my profile I was a Lieutenant?
How could I miss being promoted???  :-\

You're a Capellan.  Nobody notices when you do a good job. ;)

(So you guys know, I am kidding about all this.)
Five rounds, rapid!

Register