Author Topic: Flechs Sheets (Digital Record Sheets)  (Read 71959 times)

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
Re: 'Digital' Record Sheets
« Reply #90 on: 26 September 2019, 12:34:02 »
Sheet header revision.

I'm uncertain/concerned about four 'kinds' of thing:

- Gut response.
- Basic formatting issues with specific unit(s). (I've run automated checks of course but I'm not certain it's impossible for some unit to have something real funky going on...)
- Unit identification mistakes in-game or during pre/post-game organizing.
- Unit identification confusion amongst beginners.

Pic included for convenience though it's also live.
The revision will hang out for a while, but there are things I need that space for, so additional revisions may be necessary anyway. (There are also a few tiny details I need to sand.)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #91 on: 26 September 2019, 14:25:50 »
Looks nice!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #92 on: 29 September 2019, 15:15:22 »
Ive finally got to try this out in the game. My only solid request is a button beadd to allow for a more control zoom in. This again is for Firefox. It zooms zonky like so its hard to control.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #93 on: 30 September 2019, 07:31:03 »
Just to make sure it's at least working as intended :

- You're using FF on a desktop/laptop?

- When you scroll, the sheet expands from where the cursor is pointing, e.g. when you scroll, it zooms towards what the cursor is pointing at. Correct?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #94 on: 30 September 2019, 21:13:37 »
Just to make sure it's at least working as intended :

- You're using FF on a desktop/laptop?

- When you scroll, the sheet expands from where the cursor is pointing, e.g. when you scroll, it zooms towards what the cursor is pointing at. Correct?
Droid using Firefox

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #95 on: 01 October 2019, 11:01:51 »
Could you provide specific steps to reproduce the issue and a specific description of the behavior you’ve described as “wonky”?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #96 on: 01 October 2019, 15:17:26 »
Its difficult one some buttons to register a finger or a rubber stylist (which usually works very well on other touch screen devices/applications).  Example i was trying to confirm something, which the button is pressed gets magnifiedbut does not always register it's being pressed.  Which was bit frustrating.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #97 on: 01 October 2019, 16:00:14 »
Could you clarify what your screen size is? (I'm recalling that Droid is phone only, correct?) Bison has previously said the web app was intended for tablets rather than phones (after which we had a UI design philosophical conversation). I've been able to control the app ok on a 7.5-8 inch iPad mini, but anything smaller might be a mite iffy.
« Last Edit: 01 October 2019, 16:02:30 by Bedwyr »
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #98 on: 02 October 2019, 07:12:50 »
Im going to try to up load a screen shot of what im trying to show and experiencing with the digital sheets.
I completely understand the my droid using Firefox isn't the focus of Bison's sheets.
I'd like support him best way i can if tweaks can be made.

Zooming has works but it hard move screen around thus why i asked if on screen controls could be added. Zoom is needed due to the sensitivity buttons not being registering thus need zoom for my self.

EDIT:
So this isn't best screeniee, it hard with buttons disappearing if drop pressure on it.  It sometimes flickers on me when i click on it.

When the button like confirm comes up, i have trouble "Capturing it" because it flickers.  Thus why need to zoom in.  Its pain to say the least. Again i know sheets not designed for my device, but its what i got.  Applies aren't my thing to be honest.
« Last Edit: 02 October 2019, 07:19:33 by Wrangler »

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #99 on: 03 October 2019, 11:12:35 »
Thanks for the additional information Wrangler.

It sounds like there are two issues.

(1) An issue with the drop down menus.

To make sure we're on the same page, here is an example of how it is supposed to behave: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJhiq9pUnZE&t=0m37s

NOTE: A recent update changes the dropdown behavior a little -- if using a stylus or mouse, the tool-tip should not appear because it should be clear what's being pointed at. If using a finger, it should appear as it does in the video.

The item you underscore in red is not button and it does not need pressed -- it is a 'tool tip' that shows which option in the drop down menu your finger or stylus is over. It's there because fingers typically hide the option you're pointing at so additional information clarifying what you're pointing at can be helpful. However I understand that it visually looks like a button. If the system is behaving correctly, that item should disappear the moment you your finger or stylus is no longer touching the specific dropdown item — so if you try to lift your finger and touch that element, the element should disappear before your finger gets there — in fact, the moment you lift your finger off a menu option, that option should be selected, and the whole drop down should disappear.

There is no reason why a smaller screen should effect the dropdown behavior, though the interface is not well optimized and so a slower device may fail to respond instantly, making its behavior appear erratic.

If the dropdown system is literally behaving incorrectly, then there may be a deeper problem I'd want to address because it may also effect FF on tablets — though I'd need to know the specific version of Firefox, operating system, and the specific device version. It'd also help to have confirmation that the drop-down behavior is also broken in Chrome (and which version of chrome that is).

(2) An issue with zooming.

I'm afraid I'm still not clear about the specific issue with the pinch-to-zoom behavior that you are encountering. Your followup seems specific to the dropdown behavior.

I do believe you though when you say there is something wrong and I am interested in what that issue is because it may affect tablets too. If you can better describe this let me know.

FWIW: I sometimes test on phone in order to expose weird edge cases that might effect tablet use. They kind of serve as a -worse-than-worst-case-scenario-
« Last Edit: 03 October 2019, 11:15:09 by Bison AIs »

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #100 on: 26 October 2019, 11:20:48 »
Hi all;

v3.6.6 fixes iOS Safari printing, which has been real borked since day 1. It also adds print functionality for iOS users that've installed FS on their home-screen. Desktop Safari also gets improvements.

Known issues:
- There's always a blank page at the end; In most environments the page count can just be set to omit it though.

[Edit: Changed to reflect fact I pushed it live.]
« Last Edit: 26 October 2019, 19:22:40 by Bison AIs »

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #101 on: 13 November 2019, 09:36:36 »
v3.7 adds Save/Load functionality.

iPads will need iPadOS13 for this feature though. Saving is not supported on iPhones.

An overview video of saving and manual marking (pervious release) is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bez8jlRVNQA

Cheers!

[Ps. I haven't forgotten about reported zoom bug.]

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #102 on: 15 November 2019, 17:15:55 »
Zooming

I've found and fixed a zooming issue that occurs when a pinch to zoom gesture touches a physical attack entry.
I've also added a "reset zoom" button for safety's sake.

These changes are live in v3.7.1. Let me know if you run into other zooming issues or if this version works better.

FWIW, I've also found, but not fixed, several other zoom-breaking edge cases on mobile Safari that happen in cases like a finger leaving the window or the user swiping into the window from the bottom edge.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #103 on: 16 November 2019, 21:05:13 »
Its better. There some small problems.
It seems bit laggy. Its zooms better but when you go to fire you get issuse scroll down. The subscreen cant move. Zoom reset does not effect it.
« Last Edit: 16 November 2019, 21:07:06 by Wrangler »

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #104 on: 17 November 2019, 11:00:33 »
Thanks for taking a look Wrangler.

It seems bit laggy.

More than it was before?

Its zooms better but when you go to fire you get issuse scroll down. The subscreen cant move.

FYI: Regardless of device, I advise adding Flechs to your home screen so you can open it fullscreen without the browser tool/address bar. (The 'add to homescreen' option should be available in the "•••" menu... ) On a phone sized screen, the extra space can be the difference between unusable and not-ideal.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #105 on: 17 November 2019, 14:17:12 »
Thanks for taking a look Wrangler.

More than it was before?
Not as bad. Still usable except the firing issue. 

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #106 on: 21 November 2019, 12:41:59 »
Not as bad. Still usable except the firing issue.

Ah, ok. Wasn't sure if there was something I did that made it worse. If it's the same then that's as good as it's going to get on your device I'm afraid.

Based on your screen shot, if you add to your homescreen and then open Flechs fullscreen, the calculator should be entirely visible.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #107 on: 21 November 2019, 13:29:41 »
Hi all,

FWIW, Flechs is now on Google Play.

No new functionality, but this should make it more discoverable and provide a very basic overview (description and screenshots) for people coming in out of the cold. It also provide a place to leave public ratings, reviews and messages.   

It exists on GP as a 'trusted web app', which is kind of a new thing, so if anyone notices anything weird, please holler.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #108 on: 25 November 2019, 22:57:09 »
v3.7.4 is live:

Added: Phase markers in obligation strip.

Change: Phase tracking is more explicit and strict
   - 'Shots/Physicals done?' Buttons changed to 'Next Phase'
   - More prompts about skipping ahead when doing various things.   
   - Event log more verbose with phases.
Change: 'Stand' option no longer listed in prone flag dropdown. Must use obligation strip.
Change: Alert dialog reveal animated.

Fixed: [iPadOS launched from homescreen]: Double-tapping can break tap location registration. (Was triggering window scroll).
Fixed: CPU while idle should be close to zero (unless heat scale is animating).
Fixed: Unit missing leg may not declare run or jump, unless prone, in which case they can run as part of an attempt to stand
Fixed:  Upright units missing a leg should list jump MP as zero.
Fixed: May not make more than one attempt to stand during movement if missing leg. Attempting to stand w/ 1 leg ends movement.
Fixed: Attempt to stand while missing leg doesn't set movement mode to run.
Fixed: Attempting to roll consciousness for ejected pilot of dead unit can cause a freeze.
Fixed: Weapons-damage induced PSR button sometimes appears after MELEE button when physicals are declared.
Fixed: Setting full manual mode should remove gear icon from tab.
Fixed: Heat effects should stay red when heat set in full manual mode.

Known Issue: "Custom unit" message displayed under movement phase divider in log.
« Last Edit: 05 December 2019, 20:26:51 by Bison AIs »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #109 on: 26 November 2019, 04:34:29 »
*snip*
Fixd:  Upright units missing a leg should list jump MP as zero.
*snip*
I thought it was just a piloting roll (with all the usual penalties for having only one leg) to remain standing when they land?  ???

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #110 on: 05 December 2019, 19:39:02 »
I thought it was just a piloting roll (with all the usual penalties for having only one leg) to remain standing when they land?  ???

I thought so too, but then I read the following in the BattleMech Manual

p.13 "Walking is the only movement mode a one-legged ’Mech can use."

p.19 "A prone biped ’Mech with only one leg... may only make one attempt [to stand].... This attempt to stand is always considered running, and can still be made even though a ’Mech with one leg can normally only walk."

However... looking through it more, it seems to contradict itself:

p.44 "The [one legged] ’Mech may still jump, but the pilot must make a Piloting Skill Roll each time the ’Mech lands."

I'll jump to the rules area to find a clarification

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #111 on: 05 December 2019, 19:53:25 »
I'm pretty sure page 44 will prevail...

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #112 on: 05 December 2019, 19:58:45 »
I'm pretty sure page 44 will prevail...

I agree. Went ahead and posted to BM errata thread. Will revert the behavior in Flechs soon.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #113 on: 05 December 2019, 20:02:33 »
Cool, thanks!  :thumbsup:

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #114 on: 05 December 2019, 20:04:46 »
( Wrangler, FWIW, I was doing a visual pass on the calculator and it became shorter. )

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #115 on: 05 December 2019, 20:28:13 »
...just a piloting roll (with all the usual penalties for having only one leg) to remain standing when they land

Back to normal in v3.7.6.4

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #116 on: 06 December 2019, 04:19:47 »
 Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #117 on: 06 December 2019, 07:48:30 »
( Wrangler, FWIW, I was doing a visual pass on the calculator and it became shorter. )
Thanks Bison, i'm planning to use it in couple weeks as my record sheet / backup for my monthly tabletop game.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #118 on: 08 February 2020, 18:43:53 »
v3.7.9

FIX: The heat for the Clan LRM 10/15/20 was incorrect!  :-[ :-[ :-[

Also, if you were getting an insecure connection warning, it should be fixed now.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #119 on: 21 May 2020, 23:09:21 »
v3.8 is in preview here: https://flechs.net/sheets-preview/

Of note:
- New itemized incoming attack panel.
- More desktop shortcuts for navigating within a sheet.

Overview here: https://youtu.be/4yeEQOS9NJk

Update
v3.8 became v4.0 -- all players must use v4.x or higher for network play.
In addition to tweaks to the attack panel, this version includes a portrait / wide screen layout where the sheet and event log sit side-by-side.

« Last Edit: 05 June 2020, 12:44:32 by Bison AIs »

Register