Author Topic: Permanent Injuries  (Read 2632 times)

lambourne1971

• Recruit
Permanent Injuries
« on: 30 November 2019, 13:13:07 »
hi

got several mech warriors with missing arms and legs can you give them prosthetic arms and legs to reduce the minus to piloting and gunnery.

lambourne

Jayof9s

• Captain
Re: Permanent Injuries
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2019, 16:29:53 »
The intent has always been that yes you can and should be able to. However, it was never implemented so it's up the player / GM to determine costs and how effective replacement limbs can be.

When I developed the system, the rules I came up with was basically the best replacement can get you down to a +1 penalty after 6-12 months (short of a Clan regrown limb or the cybernetics only available to WoB, that could negate it all). Worse prosthetics could only lower the penalty to +2 after the same time-frame.

Some injuries were intended to not be compensated for (like CTE).

You're free to use whatever system you feel is appropriate though. Just have to edit using GM to reduce the penalty or add a skill offset.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2019, 17:03:43 »
I thought the most expensive widely available prosthetics could get the penalties down to zero?  ???

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2019, 19:19:39 »
Permanent injuries aren't part of canon rules for campaign tracking, the permanent injuries in MHQ were developed by me. It's unlikely there's an official rule for dealing with permanent injuries, since they aren't canon. I outlined my intent for them based on the fluff I'm aware of.

It's fine if you disagree though, which is why I suggested using the costs and reduce penalties as makes sense for your campaign.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2019, 20:55:50 »
Ah, makes sense...

lambourne1971

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 01 December 2019, 03:34:10 »
thanks just wondered what others did

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #6 on: 02 December 2019, 14:57:20 »
For missing limbs, I use a 100,000 C-Bill cost for prosthetics that reduce the penalty to +1, healing time 150 days minus 10 days per skill point of the attending doctor.
With Clan or WoB tech, that increases to 250,000 C-Bills and twice the healing time but eliminates the penalty completely.

Clan tech can also heal a severed spine for the same cost and healing time. A Manei Domini VDNI implant can negate the effects of CTE.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

lambourne1971

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 08 December 2019, 11:39:39 »
hi

just a quick question how to you modify the -3 for a missing limb down to -1 or -2 in mekhq

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 08 December 2019, 12:18:26 »
Right click on the person, select GM -> Edit.

Find to the appropriate skill and add 1-3 in the Bonus entry as appropriate. I don't believe we added a way to directly edit the injury effect, but this counteracts as much of it as you want without changing their base skill level.

lambourne1971

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: 08 December 2019, 13:30:44 »
thanks  :)

Apocal

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 02 January 2020, 05:31:01 »
Right click on the person, select GM -> Edit.

Find to the appropriate skill and add 1-3 in the Bonus entry as appropriate. I don't believe we added a way to directly edit the injury effect, but this counteracts as much of it as you want without changing their base skill level.

Heck, and here I was just re-attaching the amputated limbs.

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 07 January 2020, 09:39:00 »
The Franken-LaB: Re-attaching an Elemental's leg to an one-armed IS MechWarrior- Ahh, the disgrace :D
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Tecmes

• Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 07 March 2021, 13:19:44 »
I have a mechwarrior with a missing limb (+3 gunnery), but it doesn't seem to actually affect neither its actual score (still a 4 in her case) or the to-hit rolls in MM. I had the same issue with a mising leg +3 pilot.
What am I missing?

Register