Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 238397 times)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Happy New Years my fellow Foxes!
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Happy New Year from an undercover swamp fox still living amid the reavings. 

Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
It's still 2013 where I am.  How's the future so far, lads?
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
1 hour and 47 minutes in, and we're still here! 

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
What I appreciate about the Foxes is how they go against the grain that many staunch clanners seem trapped in. Sea Fox appears very opportunistic in their dealings with other factions. Plus, they gave us the Mad Cat II
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
True, and the III. They also remind me of the Khajiit in skyrim, but IN SPAAAAACE! That's always a plus.
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
Returns from the Dead to be a Taurian and Shark/Fox Fanboy

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
That song is adorable.

I love my fellow foxes.  ;D

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
So I've been looking into it for awhile. Bergie looked into it.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,33825.msg788859.html#msg788859
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,33290.msg777631.html#msg777631

I think someone asked as well.

I'm starting to think the true answer is this.

An Aimag is as big as that Aimag can afford to make itself big. I've got nothing to back that up really. But I get the feeling that the more 'trade successful' an aimag is the more likely it is better armed.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Sounds good to me.  Until we know for sure, if the size of an Aimag even gets defined.  Simple and elegant. 

Does the ilKhanate take a cut from the Aimags, as well as reap profit from its own operations?  That's another that seems possible, but I don't know if it's defined. 

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Sounds good to me.  Until we know for sure, if the size of an Aimag even gets defined.  Simple and elegant. 

Does the ilKhanate take a cut from the Aimags, as well as reap profit from its own operations?  That's another that seems possible, but I don't know if it's defined.

Yes. One of the primary reasons Sha Clarke tried to make his Aimag independent in the novel 'Hunters of the Deep"

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
I'm now picturing the Sea Foxes as the Mob in space.  And it's kinda rad.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I'm now picturing the Sea Foxes as the Mob in space.  And it's kinda rad.

*shudder* the mob has really lost its style. We are the best dressed faction!

But maybe. Being stuck on ships together is definitely making us families

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
Is there any mention of the sea foxes trading with the Emperio D'Escorpian? 

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Is there any mention of the sea foxes trading with the Emperio D'Escorpian?

None at all. Escorpio Imperio are still a homeworld Clan (albeit an abjured one) and are as such still 'the enemy' to the Council of Six. Attempting to deal with them would have several major obstacles to deal with, not the least of which is the downright paranoia and "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude that the Scorpions seem to have adopted. Additionally, there's the risk of contact with the Star Adders/Clound Cobras who are known who are known to be active in the region. They're not going to take kindly to the Foxes and are also going to be of a "shoot first" mindset

Finally, there's logistics and distance to consider. It's a long way from the IS/Channelaine Isles to the Imperio, and with all the Clan Waystations along the way apparently destroyed, there's no infrastructure to support such a trading mission. That and, of course, homeworld clan warships on the prowl.

Besides, the last update on Escorpio Imperio was in the 3090s. Its uncelar if it even exists in 3145.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
We dont have a machine with harjel 3 wrapped in ferro lamellor yet. I wonder when we will get the sea fox zombie mech?

I mean other than the enhanced... and that seems like a good place to start.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2014, 09:47:49 by Kitsune413 »

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I'm a bit slow on the uptake I guess.

So we have been talking about the Warhawk lately and how its almost extinct in the Inner Sphere. Which lead me to read about how after the Wars of Possession design specs for the Warhawk went to the Goliath Scorpions, Fire Mandrills and Clan Diamond Shark.

So my thoughts were, "I didn't see them make a production run of the Masakari in the home worlds. I wonder if it is still possible for them to make them. Maybe they can build them on the mobile factories or Tukayyid." But looking at the RATs Clan Diamond Shark/Sea Fox doesn't have a lot of Masakari's.

So then I thought, "The legs on the Mad Cat and the Warhawk are the same." Then realized that the MK II isn't that different from a Warhawk in other design ways either...

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/File:MadcatMkII.jpg
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/File:3050U_Masakari.jpg

So then I also remember that the Mad Cat Mk II came out in fifteen months with no problems. So I flip back to the Technical Readout to verify:

By basing their new design upon an existing Battlemech, the Diamond Shark engineers cut their development time sharply, putting the Mad Cat Mk II into full-scale production in less than fifteen months

I always assumed that by basing their design off of the Timber Wolf they were easily able to put it into production...

But it isn't based off the TimberWolf.. and the Warhawk isn't quite dead. It may even be doing quite well these days.

Edit: Extra stuff

Mad Cat MK II

64.8 kph top speed.
45 tons of weapon space
13 tons of armor.

6 ton difference in heat sinks

Masakari

64.8 kph top speed.
32.5 tons of weapon space.
13.5 tons of armor
« Last Edit: 16 February 2014, 15:03:35 by Kitsune413 »

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
They aren't quite the same legs.  Different foot construction, etc.  But, I do like the idea, and am willing to make it part of my headcanon.

WeaponX

• Warrant Officer
  • Ghost Bear Maniac
    • Ghost Bear Mania
So we have been talking about the Warhawk lately and how its almost extinct in the Inner Sphere. Which lead me to read about how after the Wars of Possession design specs for the Warhawk went to the Goliath Scorpions, Fire Mandrills and Clan Diamond Shark.

I think that the Warhawk evolved into the Tomahawk, which is 15 tons heavier and is being built by Clan Wolf.
"Do you not understand the nature of the Bear?  For months he sleeps in hibernation, but do not dare disturb him.  The Bear's anger is unforgiving once provoked."

-Mechwarrior Zane
  Clan Nova Cat

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I think that the Warhawk evolved into the Tomahawk, which is 15 tons heavier and is being built by Clan Wolf.

The tomahawk is a dire wolf. :)

They aren't quite the same legs.  Different foot construction, etc.  But, I do like the idea, and am willing to make it part of my headcanon.

Different molds for the lower legs. Hips belong to assault mechs though.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
I maintain that the Sharkfoxes secretly have a set of blueprints for a whole bunch of "extinct in the Sphere" designs, because you never know WHEN you might need them.   O0

wolfgar

• Captain
  • Wolfson's Heavy Raiders: 3058-3092
I maintain that the Sharkfoxes secretly have a set of blueprints for a whole bunch of "extinct in the Sphere" designs, because you never know WHEN you might need them.   O0

Any idea what they might be willing to take for copies of them?
Wolf wins every fight but one, and in that one he dies, his fangs locked on the throat of his opponent.

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
I'm big into souls right now...
Returns from the Dead to be a Taurian and Shark/Fox Fanboy

wolfgar

• Captain
  • Wolfson's Heavy Raiders: 3058-3092
How about initial purchase options for the first ten years of production and a pre-star league entertainment core.
Wolf wins every fight but one, and in that one he dies, his fangs locked on the throat of his opponent.

Archangel

• Major
How about the rights to the Sol System and Terra?   >:D
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Josva Valdreki

• Master Sergeant
  • ...With blackjack. And hookers. In fact....

I might just be spit-ballin', here, but I think it would be… money. Or resources. Something they can use. Something that they need. And probably a substantial quantity of it.
Úlfhéðnar Free Company
Clan Free Ghost Rasalhague Bear Dominion Republic

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan

Its pretty easily converted into a Warhawk. You really just need to mod in a targeting computer without botching your technician rolls. :) Other than the way its armed its superior to the Warhawk. If you've got a Mad Cat MK II - 4 You just scrap one of the LRM launchers for a targeting computer and its the same mech.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
I'm big into souls right now...

Seconded.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Indeed, we can take planets, and other things that go jump in the dark.  ;D  If we wanted to. 

But historically speaking, some customers are made to pay big sometimes, and that's when it is great to be a Sea Fox fan.  The big deal that keeps harjel flowing (When the flow of gunk stops, all eyes will turn to Twycross!) or the deal that brings us planets, or access to IS materials, resources and production sites to adopt and make our own. 

Archangel

• Major
And lets definitely not forget what happens to those who try to take the products and/or services we (and our affiliates) provide without paying.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.