Author Topic: Battletech at Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK  (Read 27709 times)

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
Re: Battletech at Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
« Reply #120 on: 17 May 2022, 23:00:35 »
Braedyn will be hosting a 6kbv2 game Thursday may 19, 2022 at Game HQ 6pm start time.

Standard game, 6000 BV2 + 100 points for skill point adjustments. Anyone needing a force we'll have extra mechs and sheets so everyone can play. Team play or FFA depending on the turnout.

If you have questions there is an event on Oklahoma Battletech Facebook page and we have the Oklahoma Battletech discord. Also you can post here and I can relay them.
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #121 on: 14 June 2022, 12:55:50 »
Battletech pickup game Thursday June 16, 6pm at Game HQ

Open Era

8k bv2 for the total force including skills

No more than 2 skill separation (2/4, 3/5 etc)

Conventional infantry and battle amor not capable of anti-mech attacks are exempt. ( As in does not have the skill, not you don't want to use the skill to mak e the unit cheaper.)

Combined Arms encourage but not aerospace fighters / conventional fighters. Onboard artillery is allowed.

Minimum 4 units - no maximum unit count, just no conventional infantry or small units swarms. It will slow down the game.
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #122 on: 20 June 2022, 11:06:20 »
SoonerCon 30 is this weekend.

June 24–26, 2022
Embassy Suites Hotel & Conference Center in Norman

https://soonercon.com/

Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #123 on: 29 June 2022, 22:41:56 »
Soonercon 30 - 2022 Recap

After a few years off due to the pandemic we were able to host Battletech at Soonercon 30.
Friday started with the usual interest in the Grinder table and Bootcamp. This year we also had more Alpha Strike demos than previous years. Friday night was the Tukayyid: Assault on Dvigrad Fortress. Ghost Bear fought the Comguards. They inflicted heavy damage but took heavy losses as well and could not secure  Dvigrad Fortress. Comguards took a convincing win.

Saturday started with Grinder, Bootcamp, Alpha Strike and the Urbanmech Showdown. The Urbanmech Showdown was an odd game as you would expect being all Urban mechs fighting it out. Those little trash cans put out more damage than they can absorb. Ray Ralston had the most kills with 4. The next event was the King of the Hill tournament. Chris Horvat finished in 1st place receiving a Marauder II painted by Cap'n Ed and two salvage boxes. Jeffery Gordon 2nd receiving two salvage boxes and Ray Ralson 3rd receiving 1 salvage box. From 10am till 6pm we ran a most kills mini tournament on the Grinder table. Athena won with 5 kills receiving a Lancelot painted by Rob Henderson. We finished off Saturday with a Clan Hell's Horses Assault of Melissia in the Vesper March during the post Ilclan Era. Melissia was the staging planet for the Hesperus Guards. CHH was able to break through the Guard's lines and inflict major damage while doing so, taking the victory.

Sunday is usually a pretty chill day. This year we quickly expanded to a second Grinder table while still running a few Alpha Strike Demos. Ending a great convention.
Thank you to the Soonercon staff and Bill for having us back again to run our events. Thank you to Brent, Kevin, Braedyn, David and a few veteran players that pitched in and helped where they could. Thank you to Oklahoma Battletech and Game HQ for help with prizes. Thanks to Cap'n Ed Smith and Rob Henderson for donating their painting services for prize support. Additional thanks to Cap'n Ed Smith for the Oklahoma Battletech dice he had made and donated to the community. Last but not least thank you to the players that filled our tables. Without you none of this is possible.

We hope to see you all again in 2023.

Below is a link to a gallery of pictures from the weekend.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9Nnbd83RYufYHmXo6
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #124 on: 01 August 2022, 23:32:24 »
Lucas is hosting a game at GHQ at 6pm August 4, 2022.

8100 bv2 max, open era, mechs and vehicles only, max 2 skill level seperation (2/4, 3/5 etc)
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #125 on: 04 October 2022, 11:47:05 »
We are running some events at Extra Life at Game HQ in Oklahoma City, OK November 5, 2022. We will run from 12pm till 7pm which will close out the 24 hour event.

There will be some Battletech related raffle prizes donated by:

Cross Electric Designs

Aries Games and Miniatures

Fortress Miniatures and Games

Cliff Paints - (Lance Painting Commission)

and more.

Of course there will also be food, many many other games and events and other raffles as well.

If you are not able to attend but would like to participate you can do so at the link below.

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=482613
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #126 on: 07 October 2022, 14:39:05 »
We will once again be participating in the Extra Life Event at Game HQ  November 5, 2022 at 12pm to 7pm.

Event Details:

Oklahoma Battletech Grinder
is a progressive free-for-all Battlemech combat, designed to transition players from the introductory scenario to the full scope and technology of the Battletech Total Warfare Core rule set.

Players begin with a light Battlemech, equipped with the most basic weapons. When that unit is destroyed in combat, the player re-enter the Grinder with a more powerful Battlemech equipped with more advanced weapons and new equipment This continues until the player commands the most advanced and deadly units in the game. Players can play as long as they wish, leave, and return during the scheduled event listing if they wish due to the continuous nature of the Grinder. Grinder can accommodate from 2 to 10 players. All materials are provided.
For this event will will have Edge and Power Ups in play.

The Great Urbanmech Uprising of 3120
In the 3120s, the Solaris games Commissioner Cyrus Matherwood IV, excluded Mechs that do not meet his standards from major competitions, including the Urbanmech. Rufus Jansen, pilot of the UM-R70 UrbanMech "Dark Angel" protested this ruling and was thrown out of the Grand Tournament qualifiers due to his mech choice. After being thrown out of a meeting with the commissioner, he devised a plan to ambush the commissioner and change his mind.
Players will have the choice of fielding urban mechs or a security force as members of the Urbie Derby collective demonstrate and cause trouble.
This event can accommodate from 2 to 8 players. All materials are provided. And will be played using TW / BM rules.

The full story can be seen in Shrapnel Issue 8

There will be raffles, food for sale and Edge can be purchased for donations.

Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #127 on: 24 February 2023, 12:45:28 »
I am hosting a kinda last minute game at Game HQ

11am start time and finish about 6pm

Details:
-8k bv2 including skills (Allowed up to 8100 but no more)
-no more than 2 skill separation
4-8 units
-Open era
- Battlemechs, vehicles, vtols, battlearmor, infantry are the allowed units.
Please bring your list incase there are any questions. Right now, the best way is to use the MUL Force Builder. You can take a screenshot or print it.

Since I am running this as a Catalyst Demo event official miniatures are encouraged. If you have questions or need to borrow a mini please let me before the event.
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #128 on: 01 June 2023, 09:36:12 »
Soonercon Update:

Paint events:

I spoke with Mike, one of the organizers for painting events at Soonercon. They are adding a best mech category and we have prize support for it.

Please consider entering no matter what skill level you are at. In the past we have received feed back from the judges on where we can improve. Just as important is to show the organizers that there is interest in these events.

Battletech Events:

Friday June 30, 2023 to Sunday July 2, 2023
We will be running Bootcamp, Grinder, Alpha Strike, Scenarios, King of the Hill etc. Please check out the links before for more details.
This first link is a spreadsheet of the events scheduled the whole weekend.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTDs30cqIsv61vZtAHOilHWV2yydMMngy3kom13owmeKa9_ClBkNPSEydu8e8_sUr9p3cF_4Uuj2JMQ/pubhtml
This second link is the detailed event descriptions.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vR2yWOjf6uyvz8tv36Lczbx6PP0FjJzGtSZzexEcObbTqRwpQCetqwN_YGimRCPrBy6RtDpqF1FFOws/pub
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #129 on: 22 June 2023, 09:02:21 »
Due to last weekend's weather event, we've have had some people drop for the King of the Hill Tournament at this year's Soonecon. This means we still have plenty of player slots available.
If you are wanting to play, you can find the sign-up page here:
King of the Hill Signup
Please close attention to the rules about mech choices. They need to be within the Civil War Era. Easiest way to find a mech within that era is to go to the Master Unit List web page:
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter
Use the following filters:
Types - BattleMech
Production Era - Civil War
Availability Era - Civil War
This should give you a list of the mechs you can choose from.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2023, 09:53:51 by faithless »
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #130 on: 29 June 2023, 10:36:37 »
Soonercon Bump.

Soonercon Update:

Paint events:

I spoke with Mike, one of the organizers for painting events at Soonercon. They are adding a best mech category and we have prize support for it.

Please consider entering no matter what skill level you are at. In the past we have received feed back from the judges on where we can improve. Just as important is to show the organizers that there is interest in these events.

Battletech Events:

Friday June 30, 2023 to Sunday July 2, 2023
We will be running Bootcamp, Grinder, Alpha Strike, Scenarios, King of the Hill etc. Please check out the links before for more details.
This first link is a spreadsheet of the events scheduled the whole weekend.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTDs30cqIsv61vZtAHOilHWV2yydMMngy3kom13owmeKa9_ClBkNPSEydu8e8_sUr9p3cF_4Uuj2JMQ/pubhtml
This second link is the detailed event descriptions.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vR2yWOjf6uyvz8tv36Lczbx6PP0FjJzGtSZzexEcObbTqRwpQCetqwN_YGimRCPrBy6RtDpqF1FFOws/pub
Demo Agent #715