Author Topic: Miniature of the Fortnight #56: Turkina  (Read 3083 times)

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
Miniature of the Fortnight #56: Turkina
« on: 19 November 2018, 21:41:03 »
Thursday is going to be Thanksgiving Day in the US.  And what is Thanksgiving without a Turkina?

(This is what passes for humor in my house.  My wife has to live with this every day.  She is clearly a saint.)

Anyway!  This fortnight, yes, we're looking at the Turkina.  This is the first Clan OmniMech we've looked at from Technical Readout: 3058.  This is a departure from before but... the joke was worth it, right?  Right?

The Turkina is an assault OmniMech of Clan Jade Falcon and is one of the earliest Clan Jade Falcon-specific OmniMechs.  I'm not an expert on the evolution of Clan 'Mechs so I can't say much more.  If you want to know more, read Top Gear: Turkina (the 'Mech of the Week article).

The Turkina has two sculpts, both of them available from Iron Wind Metals:Do you have any painted?  Please share pictures!  We'd love to see them!

Thank you for reading!  (And thank you for putting up with my sense of humor.  No, really, thank you.)  And a special thank you to those of you who will post pictures!

And, for those of you in the US (or otherwise observing the holiday), have a happy Thanksgiving!

Our next three fortnights will be:
  • Inner Sphere (12/3): Spider
  • Clan (12/17): Howler (Baboon)
  • Special (12/31): Second generation battle armor

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
Re: Miniature of the Fortnight #56: Turkina
« Reply #1 on: 20 November 2018, 05:32:51 »
Just a single Turkina for the Jade Falcon's Iota galaxy.
As this mini is extremly wide and bulky it was one of my first ones to be build with magnetized hip/torso, even if one cannot twist the Turkina torso. Just for better storage and transport.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 20 November 2018, 15:03:04 »
Just one Turkina also (and friends) - Turkina X, 8th Falcon Regulars, Epsilon Galaxy

* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2018, 11:54:31 »
Here's my 2 turkeys.  A Prime and a C.  I'd have more but i'm not that big a clan player.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: 22 November 2018, 15:27:59 »
Went looking for one, came up with two others. I had forgotten about the Cobra and Mandrill ones. The Falcon's Delta Galaxy contribution is modified to the D config, which has proven popular. Who would've thought that a 'Mech packing 4 ATM-12s would be popular? ;)

Siberian-troll

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 23 November 2018, 02:43:19 »
Some my Turkinas, old and new

from 2011, Turkina-C

Same time, Turkina-D (yes, we love ATMs)

More ATM's from 2015

This year ones, - prime (at last!)

And Dee - as fat traveller with really big suitcases. :)

« Last Edit: 23 November 2018, 02:44:50 by Siberian-troll »

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #6 on: 24 November 2018, 14:55:26 »
This is the only one I painted... and it was for a friend who loved Clan Smoke Jaguar.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #7 on: 03 February 2019, 10:43:56 »

Getz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 27 March 2019, 18:41:42 »
It's a little known fact that the Turkina assault mech is a highly territorial creature - here we can see two specimens squaring off in ritual combat...

The example in the Foreground is mine, painted in the colours of Clan Smoke Jaguar's Alpha Galaxy, the other belongs to my friend Steve and is in the service of Clan Snow Raven.  Steve was running an B whereas as I was using a D and up until this point things had been pretty even between us - however, I'm about to pour on the High explosive and plant 36 missiles into him in a single turn.  The Turkina B kind of disintegrated at this point and what was left collapsed with it's gyro blown out.  I delivered the coup de grace at turn later.
« Last Edit: 28 March 2019, 18:17:53 by Getz »

I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere, so I'm here for the hell of it now...

Register