Author Topic: Picked up my first clan blister - Madcat Pryde  (Read 2801 times)

Face

• Corporal
Picked up my first clan blister - Madcat Pryde
« on: 18 May 2018, 20:47:45 »
So... is it normal to get a second set of LRM pods with the Madcat miniature? I counted, both have 20 missile tips, but the extra are a bit bigger... They also have a tiny recess (hole) on the bottom like they fit on a stub, but I would have to cut off the original pods to use these.

Why?

Quote from: Darzoni
A Mad Cat, honey, is what happens when a Marauder and Catapult love each other very much.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
Re: Picked up my first clan blister - Madcat Pryde
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2018, 21:36:52 »
The base Mad Cat mini has separate arms and LRM packs. The LRMs attach to the top of the arm by a peg on the arm going into that hole in the LRM. I think the Pryde has the extra LRMs simply because they are on the same sprue as the other torso bits. Not sure why the arm/LRM assembly got changed in the conversion to the Pryde config though.

Face

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2018, 21:57:44 »
Thanks, that makes sense. The LRM's that are pre-attached are not as nice (or big) as the other on the sprue - thinking of swapping them out, but thats a bigger cut that I have done in a long long time. Any recommendations on separating the existing LRM pods from the arms?
A Mad Cat, honey, is what happens when a Marauder and Catapult love each other very much.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2018, 22:39:16 »
Jewler’s saw or a Dremel would be good.  You can do it with an Exacto knife, but it wouldn’t be my first choice.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2018, 17:13:56 »
That's actually a relatively small cut. You can do it with an exacto knife... just be careful. I'd put it on a block of wood for support, inside down, then rock the blade across the cut-line while applying a decent amount of pressure.  Ideally though, a razor saw or jeweler's saw.

Face

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2018, 21:07:44 »
So no progress (yet) because I am waiting to get to Harbor Freight tomorrow to pick up some bits and look for jewelers saw or something to help with this build. Also, if I'm being honest, this is a bit intimidating, lol!

I DO want to paint this to correct scheme - where can I find Aidan Pryde's correct look? I can't find it on CSO otherwise yet. This will become a display piece for my son Aidan Pryde R. when he is old enough to learn to play. Only 3 now, so I have a few years to get this right.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 21 May 2018, 22:59:26 »
The cover of Falcon Guard can't be too far off.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2018, 07:53:59 »
As of FM:Crusader Clans, the Falcon Guard is part of Gamma Galaxy. I don't think that changed between c.3050 and 3059, but someone can correct me if it did.

Gamma isn't the most exciting of schemes, unless you like camo: http://www.camospecs.com/Unit/Details/538/gamma-galaxy

For strict canon, that's the "correct" scheme. People do tend to remember and associate specific images more than generic concepts though, so you wouldn't be out of line to reference the novel's cover, as can be seen here: http://www.camospecs.com/Miniature/Details/4320/mad-cat-pryde-with-aidan-pryde

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2018, 08:10:37 »
The base Mad Cat mini has separate arms and LRM packs. The LRMs attach to the top of the arm by a peg on the arm going into that hole in the LRM. I think the Pryde has the extra LRMs simply because they are on the same sprue as the other torso bits. Not sure why the arm/LRM assembly got changed in the conversion to the Pryde config though.

I can help with that actually. The Pryde setup has the LRMs and arms fused as one piece rather than separate because they're joined on the jump jets that are unique to his configuration (the MGs and MPL are left off in favor of the jets). If you look at the back of the piece you'll see the jump jet ports.in the 'armpit' (so to speak) of the part.

So, hey, you  have a couple of spare LRM bits for a future project now. Note that as I said, Pryde removed most of the extraneous torso weapons to add those jets, so you only need the ER small laser (OF DOOM), not both parts. Per his config it should be CT mounted if I recall, but that's a pain so I'd put it as-normal and just claim the cockpit section is the center torso. I'm lazy.  ;D
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Register