Author Topic: What's in the pipeline?  (Read 273148 times)

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
Re: What's in the pipeline?
« Reply #1350 on: 08 June 2020, 22:47:33 »
So, did the Catapult come with parts for the C3 variant?

No...that is supposed to be a Scrapyard item down the road, as is an Online Exclusive Griffin Variant
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1351 on: 08 June 2020, 22:54:06 »
definitely in for two catapults. i will attempt to not buy three locusts and inevitably fail.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1352 on: 08 June 2020, 22:56:50 »
definitely in for two catapults. i will attempt to not buy three locusts and inevitably fail.

LOL I see you conspicuously forgot to mention the Griffin you intend not to buy but will somehow make it into your cart!

I'm completely out of all of them right now. 72 Locusts, 48 Griffins, and 54 Catapults...gone within 2 days.

You...guys...were...

HUNGRY!

I've got a restock order in with IWM...not sure when it will ship though.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1353 on: 08 June 2020, 23:03:16 »
You already got them in?

I put in an order for one of each from my local game store (they just got the ability to order IWM products again) and he said he wasn't sure when they'd actually be available.

Now hopefully Speck can give us some sort of tentative update for 2020's release schedule.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1354 on: 08 June 2020, 23:04:47 »
You already got them in?

I put in an order for one of each from my local game store (they just got the ability to order IWM products again) and he said he wasn't sure when they'd actually be available.

Now hopefully Speck can give us some sort of tentative update for 2020's release schedule.

Yep...twice.

I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the schedule!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1355 on: 08 June 2020, 23:11:58 »
LOL I see you conspicuously forgot to mention the Griffin you intend not to buy but will somehow make it into your cart!

i have NO idea how it got there

I'm completely out of all of them right now. 72 Locusts, 48 Griffins, and 54 Catapults...gone within 2 days.

You...guys...were...

HUNGRY!

yeah i figured i'd be waiting in line for this one. my wallet will thank me for waiting at least another ten days anyway. you'll have my money soon enough

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1356 on: 09 June 2020, 01:52:51 »
I'll have a Locust 1Vb in a day or so.  Finishing up a lance of the Broadstreet Bullies, working on my Kraken magnet conversion and just did a quick assembly of these 4.  Locust 1V, Locust 1E, Griffin and Catapult.  I'll probably get a 3rd Cat to magnetize in the future.  The Locust seems to have magnet potential too, as I want to make the LRM amd SRM versions to boot, with the posts big enough I could possibly do it.

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #1357 on: 09 June 2020, 02:41:07 »

You...guys...were...

HUNGRY!

I find those proportions interesting. you mind telling us how you got those numbers? I'd expect more griffins and fewer locust (it's the only mech not in AGOAC, and few people play bugs in my experience, respectively.)

I know you're a businessman and might have secrets, feel free to tell me off if you have to.

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1358 on: 09 June 2020, 04:52:14 »
I find those proportions interesting. you mind telling us how you got those numbers? I'd expect more griffins and fewer locust (it's the only mech not in AGOAC, and few people play bugs in my experience, respectively.)

I know you're a businessman and might have secrets, feel free to tell me off if you have to.

He once asked what plastic mechs people would want if he parted out GoAC boxes, and the Locust's popularity was pretty surprising, imo.

Wait, does the Catapult come with two torsos? Since the K2 is supposed to have MGs or does it simply reuse the standard torso?

They look really great though. Maybe the Griffin looks a bit stiff with its legs that way, but still.

Agree on the Griffin.  I'm also a little surprised it couldn't be a dual -1N/-1S kit.  Maybe it'll look more distinct than I expect.

I'm guessing the Catapult -K2 uses the standard torso - it'd probably be a separate kit if they had to redo the torso, and 2ML+2MG look a lot like 4ML.  Just have to ignore the jump jets. 

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1359 on: 09 June 2020, 06:47:50 »

I agree...I originally ordered more Griffins than anything else, they sold the slowest. I put in an emergency restock with IWM who shipped it out the same day, so that's how those numbers hit so high. I've got a 3rd order in with them now too for more of the same.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1360 on: 09 June 2020, 06:52:04 »
So, did the Catapult come with parts for the C3 variant?

Those parts did not get done at same time, so they need printed and molded for future release.

Wait, does the Catapult come with two torsos? Since the K2 is supposed to have MGs or does it simply reuse the standard torso?

They look really great though. Maybe the Griffin looks a bit stiff with its legs that way, but still.

Catapult has one torso, there are some compromises so we can have more variant parts created. Griffins legs same stance as the plastic model. Except you can adjust the pose some.

Any chance to have them posted here for people who avoid facebook like a plague that it is?  :D

Working on assembly of the models I got for images.

It is in flux right now, but will have a August & November releases. Plus some web only items.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1361 on: 09 June 2020, 06:55:38 »
Agree on the Griffin.  I'm also a little surprised it couldn't be a dual -1N/-1S kit.  Maybe it'll look more distinct than I expect.

I'm guessing the Catapult -K2 uses the standard torso - it'd probably be a separate kit if they had to redo the torso, and 2ML+2MG look a lot like 4ML.  Just have to ignore the jump jets.

I had wanted a variant to be with the Griffin but time wise it did not work out. There are some variants planned for it to be completed.

Catapult I mentioned in a earlier post.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1362 on: 09 June 2020, 08:35:13 »
Will the Locust and Griffin be on the online store anytime soon?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1363 on: 09 June 2020, 10:00:48 »
Will the Locust and Griffin be on the online store anytime soon?

They will be up soon on IWM store.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1364 on: 09 June 2020, 10:23:26 »
Speck, I'm curious, is there a way to formally request separate sprues to be placed in the Scrapyard?  For example the White Flame missile sprues or the new locust weapon sprues?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1365 on: 09 June 2020, 11:08:27 »
Speck, I'm curious, is there a way to formally request separate sprues to be placed in the Scrapyard?  For example the White Flame missile sprues or the new locust weapon sprues?

Usually I just add stuff here and there when asked. New releases tend to wait for awhile until after they have been out. Currently I am holding off adding scrapyard items, due to the new webstore that will finally be coming soon. Covid delayed setting up training since factory staff were not in.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1366 on: 09 June 2020, 11:47:03 »
No worries!  I just didn't want to open a floodgate of requests!  Much as I like buying whole mechs for parts from you guys, sometimes for a one off, that can get expensive. 😁

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1367 on: 09 June 2020, 11:59:48 »
Will parts for the LRM-variant Locust be available?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1368 on: 09 June 2020, 12:05:44 »
I have comparison pictures of the new mechs in the Tips and Tricks part of the forum.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=69743.0

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1369 on: 09 June 2020, 13:02:22 »

Nothing has been created as of now, in the future it’s a possibility.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
« Reply #1370 on: 09 June 2020, 15:22:50 »

If you can't wait, I found that the original-sculpt Madcat's missile pods work well:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8FxNXmqPwDgR2uQr8

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1371 on: 09 June 2020, 15:54:25 »
It is paired LRM-5s, so that wouldn't work.  It would have to be about the size of the machine gun pods on the unseen Locust.

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1372 on: 09 June 2020, 18:14:03 »
Nothing has been created as of now, in the future it’s a possibility.

In my experience, the LRM and SRM Locusts are the most popular.  I do hope we get them.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1373 on: 09 June 2020, 19:47:09 »
I bought a spare Locust to magnetize for that purpose.  I have launchers that don't feel too out of place.

In my experience, the LRM and SRM Locusts are the most popular.  I do hope we get them.

Kargush

• Sergeant
  • Grenades cost extra
« Reply #1374 on: 10 June 2020, 15:39:35 »
I think I said I wanted 2 of those K2 Catapults. This must be amended, I need at least a lance.
Buy'ce gal, buy'ce tal
Vebor'ad ures aliit
Mhi draar baat'i meg'parjii'se
Kote lo'shebs'ul narit.

4th Donegal Guards
7th Sword of Light
1st Canopian Cuirassiers

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
« Reply #1375 on: 17 June 2020, 16:06:53 »
It is paired LRM-5s, so that wouldn't work.  It would have to be about the size of the machine gun pods on the unseen Locust.
Oh, right, mine was supposed to be a LCT-5V or LCT-1V2 -- rocket launchers, not LRM-5s. Never mind.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1376 on: 17 June 2020, 17:17:44 »
The RL10 version you can kinda fudge with the RTT multi pods, ala the unseen Griffin cylinder.  Off the top of my head I can't think of anything small enough from the scrapyard that would fit though.

Oh, right, mine was supposed to be a LCT-5V or LCT-1V2 -- rocket launchers, not LRM-5s. Never mind.

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1377 on: 17 June 2020, 18:00:52 »
The RL10 version you can kinda fudge with the RTT multi pods, ala the unseen Griffin cylinder.  Off the top of my head I can't think of anything small enough from the scrapyard that would fit though.

You could use the Thor A/C SRM6 sprue, then cut off one of the missiles on each launcher to make yourself an LRM5.

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #1378 on: 17 June 2020, 18:07:55 »

The Badger APC has variant parts including LRM5 turrets, they're flat, kinda saucer-looking though. Not sure how'd they look on a Locust, but the size would be about right. There's also the Bushwacker's LRM5, you could snip the arm off that attaches it to the torso. Or use a bit of greenstuff to fill in one of the ports on the SRM6 pods from the Celestial OmniMechs.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #1379 on: 17 June 2020, 19:15:42 »
Thorn arms.