Author Topic: Updated era BF Unit Rosters similar to BF2?  (Read 1214 times)

Zematus737

• Corporal
Updated era BF Unit Rosters similar to BF2?
« on: 01 October 2023, 12:49:41 »
Is there, out there, a comparable unit roster that is similar to the one found in the back end of Battleforce 2?  It would take a very long time to duplicate this with the MUL for a specific Era RAT.  More specifically, is there a Era specific source for these?  The equivalent, for instance, of a roster with information found in a Technical Readout period? 

I know it should be a much simpler chore to find such values for BattleForce than to amass a huge collection of cute little .png cards for AlphaStrike.  I wonder if anyone has already done the labor for this for any major Technical Readout or Record Sheet publication.

Zematus737

• Corporal
Re: Updated era BF Unit Rosters similar to BF2?
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2023, 23:11:27 »
Working with the MUL, I was able to sort by Source and pulled what I was looking for.  AS files, needless to say, but they will do until there is, if ever, BF support for XML style rosters with easy information to fill formation and unit sheets more efficiently after RAT table rolls.  Here is a google drive link for 3039u and 3050u assets, which are the only Record Sheets I own other than the TR for 3025.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yR-3mpD2t67W3-sah3ba3VKp9Kmq-e1x?usp=sharing

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2023, 20:05:52 »
There is one, kind of.  But it's a personal one that's not fit for general consumption.

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2023, 09:07:52 »
The force builder in the MUL is great, but I might also suggest MegaMek for force building/document prep. It has recently added support for Alpha Strike cards and Strategic BattleForce record sheets and has very handy built in RATs and force building aids. I was able to go in, roll up a company, and print out a PDF with columns of AS cards for each lance in about two minutes with no need to piece something together from multiple documents or pages. And most of the officials RATs have been coded in.

It's not as compact as the BF record sheet, but it's quick and easily customizable.

Company Sheet Example

"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Zematus737

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2023, 21:16:18 »
Yes, that is exactly the same as the MUL layout.  It wouldn't take very long to fix something up, but a BF roster of era RAT's would definitely be helpful if that was available.  My toner cartridge would cry a little less.

The force builder in the MUL is great, but I might also suggest MegaMek...

Alexander Knight!  Don't hold back on me.  Share the labor of love so I don't have to make my eyes bleed in front of an excel sheet.  ...Maybe I'll make one of my kids do it..

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2023, 17:17:04 »
You can make your kids do Excel???  The best I've managed is to get one of four to play SCII Co-Op missions with me... ;)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #6 on: 14 October 2023, 12:19:32 »
Company Sheet Example

I like this but I wish it was in landscape format & smaller to fit in 3 rows of 4 to put all 12 on the same sheet with room for a 2nd company on the back if I wanted.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #7 on: 14 October 2023, 12:20:10 »
The best I've managed is to get one of four to play SCII Co-Op missions with me... ;)
I like where your heads at sir!
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Zematus737

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2023, 13:06:47 »
I like this but I wish it was in landscape format & smaller to fit in 3 rows of 4 to put all 12 on the same sheet with room for a 2nd company on the back if I wanted.

When you print, you can choose multiple sheets to be on a single face.  If you rotate the image sideways you can fit two sheets and things will still be tolerably visible with 1200 dpi printing.  This saves a lot of paper for me when I print technical readouts, as I slap the entire unit description and loadout on a single side.

Zematus737

• Corporal
« Reply #9 on: 23 March 2024, 11:27:55 »
bump for update to the google drive folder linked above.  Folder for Units for 3075 from the MUL added.  Warships and other Elements continue to come up blank but were included for reference.  The sheets are well worth investigating for the battle armor especially.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yR-3mpD2t67W3-sah3ba3VKp9Kmq-e1x?usp=drive_link
or
https://tinyurl.com/ZematusBF
« Last Edit: 23 March 2024, 13:04:26 by Zematus737 »

Register