Author Topic: NHL 2013-14  (Read 58051 times)

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: NHL 2013-14
« Reply #780 on: 02 July 2014, 07:41:17 »
OMG, Firesprocket, that was one of the best and hilarious rundowns I've read yet about yesterday.

You need to look into writing for Japer's Rink. Seriously.

100% agreed!

By the way, the Green to Flames deal suggested won't work. The Flames lack a rodeo clown to trade, Cammalleri left town already. Sorry.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
« Reply #781 on: 02 July 2014, 13:58:51 »
Thank you both for your kind words.  So many signings and so many players I see are being thrown insane money.   It is to the point I think I'll just pencil in another work stoppage at the end of the current cba.  Teams obviously can't manage any self control.  I don't have any real issues with the Caps moves, except that they overpaid and have probably hamstung themselves for the forseeable future.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #782 on: 03 July 2014, 23:22:22 »
You have the flair, the passion for the game, and dedication as a fan of your team.  Go for it  O0   

As all know quite well, Niskanen pfffffffffted the Red Wings.  If I called it a big surprise, I would be doing sarcasm an injustice.  But it still mangles the rigging of the dream ship I keep hoping to see emerge from these years of falling into NHL mediocrity.  Kyle Quincy, here's two more years. 

But we keep signing free agent players who were great in college.  Babcock is not for everyone, but give him any kind of talent, and witness the miracle he can make from it.  We'll see what this season brings.  There's still more kids coming up yet, and a trade for one of the good younger players is still always a possibility.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #783 on: 04 July 2014, 01:05:27 »
I imagine Vrbata's interview with Vancouver went something like this:

GM Benning: We need someone to score all of the goals.
Vrbata: I would like to score all of the goals, and get paid all of the money
GM Benning: We have some guys that can help you score all of the goals and then a bad GM will pay you all of their money. Then they'll buy you out for the rest of the money when you retire
Vrbata: This plan has merit but sounds familiar
GM Benning: It's basically Plan Erhoff except you won't need to skate backwards.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
« Reply #784 on: 05 August 2014, 22:10:06 »
Idle midsummer hockey banter.  Poor Kimmo Timonen is in not so good shape with blood clots and may be out long term and/or may never play again.  And the international map of hockey hatred....

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nearly-everyone-in-the-world-hates-the-boston-bruins-194036654.html

I'm not sure what is more amusing about this map.  The fact that the world over reviles the Bruins, California hate the Kings, or that when Winnipeg relocates next time they should steer clear of that hockey hotbed in Africa.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #785 on: 08 August 2014, 19:21:35 »
Idle midsummer hockey banter.  Poor Kimmo Timonen is in not so good shape with blood clots and may be out long term and/or may never play again.  And the international map of hockey hatred....

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nearly-everyone-in-the-world-hates-the-boston-bruins-194036654.html

I'm not sure what is more amusing about this map.  The fact that the world over reviles the Bruins, California hate the Kings, or that when Winnipeg relocates next time they should steer clear of that hockey hotbed in Africa.

I love that the Red Wings are hated by a lump of states that only boast one NHL hockey team between all of them. 

But the funniest part for me was a tie up between Alabama hockey fan hating on the Vancouver Canucks ('fan' because I assume there is only one of those there who cared to vote), and the folk of West Virginia who rage against the Philadelphia Flyers.  And the curious part was Pennsylvania hating their Pittsburgh Penguins.  Unless that dynamic exists from the Philadelphia votes skewing the results.  Then it makes sense.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2014, 19:23:09 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #786 on: 10 August 2014, 12:06:40 »
I love that the Red Wings are hated by a lump of states that only boast one NHL hockey team between all of them. 

But the funniest part for me was a tie up between Alabama hockey fan hating on the Vancouver Canucks ('fan' because I assume there is only one of those there who cared to vote),

Or the 1 Wyoming fan that hates the Sens...  ???

I can understand why the Bruins would be hated in Ontario & Quebec, but why Sask & Manitoba? Interesting, would have thought the Jets fans would hate the Wild, Hawks or Blues more...  :-\
« Last Edit: 10 August 2014, 17:46:31 by Lord Cameron »
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #787 on: 19 August 2014, 23:40:53 »
It was announced today that the lawsuit filed by Steve Moore against Todd Bertuzzi has been settled out of court. Terms are undisclosed due to confidentiality, but I'm sure it is to Moore's favor. This brings some conclusion to a tragic incident that ended a young man's career as a hockey player and damaged him forever physically and, quite possibly, emotionally. To this day I have an undying hatred for Bertuzzi and wonder why this thug is still getting to play the game when another mancan't due to Bertuzzi's actions.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner