Author Topic: Mechronomicon Universe Unit Index and Discussion Thread  (Read 8711 times)

SteveRestless

• Major
Mechronomicon Universe Unit Index and Discussion Thread
« on: 18 December 2013, 20:35:15 »
Since things have taken off nicely, I thought I'd start a central thread for indexing units being used in the LUCK System for PROTAG/OPFOR play set in the alternate BTverse started by Foxx and I.

PROTAG/Clans:

Drummond's Shinigami(FoxxItal)
16th Falcon Jaegers, Clan Jade Falcon (Diplominator)
Tau Galaxy, Clan Hell's Horses (Kojak)
Tiburon Khanate, Sigma Aimag (Kitsune413)
Archer's Vegan Irregulars (FoxxItal)
Clan Wolf Rho Galaxy (SteveRestless)
Clan Wolf in Exile Gamma Galaxy (SteveRestless)
CGB Vega Supplemental Cluster (SteveRestless)

PROTAG/IS:

The Guns of Avalon (SteveRestless)
(Thread 1)(Thread 2)Thuggee Warrior House Shiva (tassa_kay)
House Ma-Tsu Kai (Kojak)
Kitsunegari (Foxx)
Foxx's Hellraisers (Foxx)
mD Combat Salvage Teams (SteveRestless)
First Davion Rangers (SteveRestless)
Red Army Mercenary Cluster (SteveRestless)
International Corporate Coalition (SteveRestless)
Simargl Stables, Solaris VII (SteveRestless)

PROTAG/Periphery:

2nd Concordat Commandos (Aleksandr)

OPFOR/Clan:

14th Wolfsjaeger Cluster CJF
Clan Wolf Ya Galaxy "The Restless Dead" CWF

OPFOR/IS:

3rd Galedon Regulars DC
Allied Industrial Systems Group - Independant

Similarly detailed units are elligible for inclusion in the common universe, or if you don't like the way ours is going, we encourage you to make your own!

Want to Track your own unit? Try the LUCK system for simple management of large units!
« Last Edit: 21 November 2015, 20:30:35 by SteveRestless »
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

SteveRestless

• Major
Re: Foxx&Restlessverse Unit Index and Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: 21 December 2013, 17:39:02 »
This non-canon setting travels parallel to canon, though it may differ from it in minor ways, or we may set down in hard fact, what TPTB are vague about. Mostly, the biggest difference is that the setting is bigger. There's more of everything. More mechs, More vehicles, more units in general. Succession Wars era tech is still around, and is usually found along with primitive mechs and converted industrials as planetary millitia. most planets ought to be able to field anywhere from a lance to a company of older tech units. As such, there's more factories and companies to run them.

Unless something definitive in canon comes out to contradict it, the passage about a part of the surviving wolverines being a part of oldschool comstar and the Word of Blake is true, but unverified as far as most characters would be concerned.

There are incredibly rare mechs, there are mechs you could go a lifetime without seeing, but its difficult to say that any given design is thoroughly extinct, never to be seen again. Even if a design is out of production, and no operational models are aware of, its pretty likely that someone, somewhere, in the whole of the inner sphere, has the data needed to re-create it.

the War of 3039, and the return of technology follows more closely to the 20 year update and the allusions in Blood of Kerensky, rather than the changes brought about by CGL's coverage of the era. Experimental versions of the high end technology may have been available to those in a very rarified circle, but most mechwarriors wouldn't be familiar with ER Lasers, Double Heatsinks, and the like.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2013, 17:32:53 »
Oh, I forgot to mention. The Current Time for most units in the setting is approaching 3145/current.  The timeframe involved is a little fudgey so that we dont have to work out strict transit times and so-forth. If there's something you want to set a little ways back, there's room for that, though it tends to exclude interaction with units further ahead in the timeline.

I.e. the events with the Hellraisers and Rangers transpire at the same time as CWF Rho Galaxy's interactions with the Republic and CJF.

Aleksandr

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 22 December 2013, 17:50:14 »
The Dark Company storyline is a little bit behind the others, for instance, mostly because they need time to be able to reach the level of the other units. That and nothing had been going on that side of the Sphere anyway.

“These will be dark days, when Wolves prowl across Terra.” - Jonathon Cameron

Signature bar by HikageMaru

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #4 on: 22 December 2013, 19:10:56 »
Interesting ill have to have a proper look at this when I have time
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #6 on: 23 December 2013, 18:12:32 »
Alright, I've assembled the basic TO&E for my unit for the 'verse, a reborn Warrior House Ma-Tsu Kai. I should have a post for them up later today.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 23 December 2013, 18:45:04 »
Awesome! I look forward to seeing them. Did you decide what you'd like for your first opfor for them? I drew up a "attached to Task Force Navarre" Opfor and I can draw up a CapMarch Opfor pretty easy too.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #8 on: 23 December 2013, 20:02:48 »
Actually, given that the Ma-Tsu Kai monastery is (AFAICT) based on Wazan, I was thinking an Oriente or Orloff unit.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 23 December 2013, 20:04:20 »
Shows how little I know about anything CapCon!

I've been rather fond of Oriente of late, but I can throw together either one.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #10 on: 23 December 2013, 20:57:30 »
Actually, upon further research I'm now leaning toward their monastery having been on Bithinia. But that's still on the Oriente/Orloff border (actually much closer to Oriente) so I'd still like to go up against an OpFor from that region.

- Klarg1

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 23 December 2013, 21:23:45 »
Sure. I'll try and whip something up for them to fight soon :D

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #12 on: 23 December 2013, 21:28:48 »
I can also help. Clan protectorate around there.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 24 December 2013, 14:23:40 »
I'm thinking something like BT:Overdrive or BT:Unlimited for a better designator for this setting. I want something that indicates that its a busier, bigger version of the battletech world...

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #14 on: 24 December 2013, 14:37:30 »
The Battletech Mechronomecon!
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 24 December 2013, 15:07:57 »
Heh, Mechronomicon. That sounds like a good name for a Necromo Nightmare campaign.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 24 December 2013, 16:50:18 »
After reading the system, I think I have a couple units I couple possibly build, so I’ll spend this break working on one to contribute and see how it does. The trick for me is finding a unit whose named members I don’t care if they die in a battle lol

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 24 December 2013, 19:18:06 »
Oh, it means something to me when one of them kicks the bucket, but it adds significance when thats the danger..

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: 24 December 2013, 20:28:02 »
Think I have a nice old school Fed Commonwealth unit I can upgrade: the problem is upgrading them from about 3060 era to 3145 era: but i’ve got some ideas

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #19 on: 30 December 2013, 06:12:56 »
After some consideration I've decided that in addition to my Warrior House I'm also going to put together a Hell's Horses force, although I still haven't decided whether I'll limit it to a lone Cluster or go full Galaxy. In the case of the latter I was considering resurrecting Gamma Galaxy. Any thoughts?

- Klarg1

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #20 on: 30 December 2013, 13:47:11 »
well, I want to get foxx's input on some BA stuff, and come up with a name, but the oriente opforr for your warrior house is just about ready for your review.

I mostly know the horses in vague terms,  the way you know a foe when you've fought them but not played them

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #21 on: 30 December 2013, 17:08:54 »
After some consideration I've decided that in addition to my Warrior House I'm also going to put together a Hell's Horses force, although I still haven't decided whether I'll limit it to a lone Cluster or go full Galaxy. In the case of the latter I was considering resurrecting Gamma Galaxy. Any thoughts?

I think its a great idea, maybe start them at a cluster or two and have them work their way back up to a full strength galaxy?
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 30 December 2013, 22:33:57 »
God I keep forgetting how frustrating it is to design a full strength Regiment: by actual rules. When I was in middle school it was "Oh 15 Dire Wolves in First Trinary, 15 Atlas's in the Second". Got the skeletons for a Lyran-esque Merc Regiment: and it's even harder going off of Sarna and not actual books for gear! Let's see if I can get it done by the new year lol

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #23 on: 30 December 2013, 22:44:17 »
If you need any help let me know, be more than happy  :)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: 30 December 2013, 22:49:52 »
Thanks, turning it into the Luck based system perhaps when I'm done. Got distracted a bit by the installation of MechWarrior Online :D

kaliyama

• Sergeant
Re: Mechronomicon Universe Unit Index and Discussion Thread
« Reply #25 on: 26 February 2014, 01:43:03 »
[deleted]
« Last Edit: 30 March 2014, 19:16:07 by kaliyama »

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #26 on: 27 June 2014, 05:12:19 »
Just occurred to me that you might wanna update the link to Tassa's unit, since it's got a new thread now.

- Klarg1

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #27 on: 27 June 2014, 12:34:43 »
Updated!

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #28 on: 28 June 2014, 19:51:49 »
First, thank you for including my unit! I'm very honored.

Second, I just had a delicious idea thanks to a comment about the name of this thread reminding him of a Necromo Nightmare campaign... maybe I should add some of that fun stuff out of that adventure to my Dark Age Thuggee Warrior House! IMAGINE THE INSANITY.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #29 on: 28 June 2014, 19:55:12 »
We're glad to have you :D

And it wouldn't be the strangest thing in the Mechro-verse if you DID dabble in a bit of necromo shenanigans. :)

Register