Author Topic: Making miniature papercraft architecture: Tested video  (Read 3347 times)

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
Making miniature papercraft architecture: Tested video
« on: 10 September 2021, 09:44:06 »
There's a new video from Tested.com on Youtube that may interest you all. Making Miniature Papercraft Architecture.

Shows some really detailed 1/220 scale cardstock buildings from Japan. They're almost as intricate as some of the 'Mech paintjobs I see here.

Enjoy!
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Making miniature papercraft architecture: Tested video
« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2021, 18:13:06 »
Wow!  :o

I just don't have the patience (much less the manual dexterity) required for kits like that.  Very satisfying to see the final products, but man... no, just no...

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 10 September 2021, 19:52:18 »
Foamboard "puzzle" buildings - not really a puzzle, just follow the instructions - like this make a great centrepiece for an terrain table.

And for generic city buildings, Dropzone Commander gives both street tiles & buildings - I don't bother gluing the buildings, just fold them up for convenience after play.

Can post pics from my games, just don't want to hijack the thread.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 10 September 2021, 19:54:49 »
Those are much more doable!  :thumbsup:

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #4 on: 10 September 2021, 19:56:42 »
The DropZone buildings are 10mm scale, but they look fine next to BT minis.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2021, 09:05:06 »
The DropZone buildings are 10mm scale, but they look fine next to BT minis.

Or if you are printing out yourself, just downscale and they work fine.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Calqless

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 12 September 2021, 19:21:50 »
I was thinkin if i wanted to put houses out i would raid the monopoly game box..... that way i can open it without losing a friend or starting a family fight...

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2021, 08:32:29 »
Wow!  :o

I just don't have the patience (much less the manual dexterity) required for kits like that.  Very satisfying to see the final products, but man... no, just no...

It occurs to me that you could combine Worktroll's buildings with some photoetched railings or styrene ladders to make railings and get something that's halfway good to look at. The hard part (building the building) is done, you just add some greebles.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)