Author Topic: Anime/Grand M@sterthread - 86 gacha rolls & still no FMP Finale  (Read 101018 times)

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
Going to get this ball rolling, since we're mere posts away from 50 on the last thread.

Anyone else watching Shadows House? Definitely one of my big favorites this season - stylish, creepy, mysterious and very unique! Can't wait to see how Kate & Emilico finish their debut.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Popping in to this thread for the first time to say I am 100% sold on 86, and that's despite being totally indifferent to all the mecha designs in it.

The mecha designs are pretty realistic, which is to say, unromantic, but it's usually the story that makes or breaks a real robot show, & 86 has that in spades.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
Anyone else watching Shadows House? Definitely one of my big favorites this season - stylish, creepy, mysterious and very unique! Can't wait to see how Kate & Emilico finish their debut.
You have my interest, who's releasing it?
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
You have my interest, who's releasing it?

If you mean anime studio, it's Cloverworks, with all the Sony money

If you mean streaming provider, it's...*checks*...Funimation, with all the Sony money.

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
Is there any word yet on whether Sony is going to merge Funimation and Crunchyroll once the acquisition is complete? I mean, we all assume it's going to happen, right?
I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Calling it Funiroll right now.

kato

• Captain
Time for a new avatar picture in the profile for the new thread.

Yuugiri from Zombie Land Saga R. Surprisingly good, and not just for the OP song totally spoofing Cutie Honey. They're doing the usual episodic omnibus backstory arc this season, and some of that has a surprising amount of plot. And unlike the others she actually gets a multiple episode arc herself.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Calling it Funiroll right now.

I kind of like Crunchimation myself.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Middcore

• Lieutenant
Can't say enough good things about 86. I'm basically a comedy/slice-of-life guy these days, can't remember the last time an action series held my interest this way, any I've watched in the past few years were basically just something to casually pass the time.
I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

DarkSpade

• Major
Is there any word yet on whether Sony is going to merge Funimation and Crunchyroll once the acquisition is complete? I mean, we all assume it's going to happen, right?

I'm hoping they roll Funimation into Crunchyroll, but I'm assuming the opposite is more likely.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
Another great episode of 86. Lena was really hit with harsh reality even more than before and turns out that Republic is even more corrupt than we thought. It also turned out that Shin and his brother were experimented on to create that device that they use to communicate as well as that Shin was Annette's childhood friend before war started. Also what a ahole Lena's uncle is. 
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
Saihate no paladin will get an anime. I really hope they dont screw with that serie.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Middcore

• Lieutenant
Finished Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki. It had some interesting things to say about social dynamics. Ending was rather limp though. Not as bad as I feared but not terribly satisfying either.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: Anime/Grand M@sterthread - 86 gacha rolls & still no FMP Finale
« Reply #13 on: 01 June 2021, 01:23:43 »
I really haven't been keeping up with any anime this season.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

kato

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 02 June 2021, 08:57:52 »

Catching up with Vivy after a bit of a pause. Guess i wasn't wrong about it being a bit more complicated "behind the scenes" than what we were shown. And they continue to straight-up rip off Ghost in the Shell for select visuals.

Even if in episode 9 Katakani not just as a Cyborg, but performing on a parallel mission was a bit surprising to me. And the, uh, minor revelations around the credits of episode 10.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 04 June 2021, 21:40:16 »
So Tenchi Muyo finally finished its run, at least until they fish up another one from this franchise.  Hilariously after Madcap's comment that Tenchi hit the level cap and they switched characters, the episode is about Kenshi of course - and the title is "The Max Level Hero(?) Departs."  So it's basically a prequel to War On Geminar now.

Oh, and Ryoko was first.  Then Aeka.  Also 'dude she's a cabbit' strongly implied.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 05 June 2021, 14:43:27 »
Well then in 86 we saw Lena do something that we didn't expect her to do but I am happy that she did.

She pretty much made Annette help her to hack mortar controls to help Spearhead by revealing Annette that Shin was in that unit and asking from Annette is he going to abandon Shin third time. Way Lena talked to Annette showed that she was willing to go against orders in order to help and that she was done waiting.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 05 June 2021, 17:07:51 »
I really need to catch up on that show.

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #18 on: 05 June 2021, 23:28:20 »
Re 86: All I could think was "Lena, you manipulative bitch! Good girl!" But I do wonder what the repercussions for this will be. I can't see them going easy on her, after all, she did something that was expressly forbidden, and she always has been pushing the edge of permissable behavior...
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #19 on: 06 June 2021, 07:25:49 »
Re 86: All I could think was "Lena, you manipulative bitch! Good girl!" But I do wonder what the repercussions for this will be. I can't see them going easy on her, after all, she did something that was expressly forbidden, and she always has been pushing the edge of permissable behavior...

Well that's true. I can think that so far they had went easy on her because she did things within that corrupted system and because her uncle is high ranking officer but I can see him no longer going easy on her after that. 

kato

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: 06 June 2021, 16:34:09 »
Ahem.
Easily recognizable soundbite of Kenji Kawai's "M01 Chant 1 - Making of Cyborg" in Vivy ep 11. As in original 1995 Ghost in the Shell soundtrack.

And that just after the Arayashiki declared its intention to cleanse the world of the "current" humans.

As for the story, we're coming to the expected plot close now. Actually surprised there's two more eps.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #21 on: 08 June 2021, 23:11:51 »
finally finished promised neverland
did not particulary cared for second season...it seemed so rushed and cut by about 3/4
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #22 on: 09 June 2021, 20:46:47 »
Anyone know the name of this CGI version of Gundam? 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #23 on: 09 June 2021, 21:38:18 »
gundam war for earth?1997?98?
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 09 June 2021, 22:05:53 »

It is from episode 3 of Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Gravity Front. The MS IGLOO series has a great story if you can put up with the really dated CGI. Give it a spin, if you can track it down!

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #25 on: 16 June 2021, 19:51:39 »
Vivy has really been good all season: just one more episode, please keep up the high quality story!
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #26 on: 17 June 2021, 03:43:28 »
Finally saw Goblin Slayer.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #27 on: 17 June 2021, 03:45:19 »
Im almost done with Plunderer on Hulu.

Interesting concept, a little heavy handed on fan service tho
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

kato

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 17 June 2021, 12:16:42 »

Next season seems to be full of gore or derivative stuff (prime example Peach Boy Riverside).

From trailers i assume though that at least Tsuki ga Michibiku ("Moonled Journey" - seems the title will be "Moonlit Fantasy" on CR) will have the handful ickier scenes in that regard removed throughout its likely run.

Trailer-based: At minimum from the trailer i assume Toa's story and the entire beginning arc in the first village to be changed entirely, as i don't think her party ever fights Rizur as in the trailer - that party ain't remotely high-level enough, especially against more than one. - Icky spoilers, partially of adult nature: And with that kinda change they'll probably also turn the whole drugged-up prostitution and planned human experimentation scene of her initial appearance into something more palpatable. I also doubt they'll run the Rembrandt arc with the relatively extreme torture, presumably tone down the terrorist adventurers and their demise and while the whole turning-the-hero-into-a-living-weapon thing later on might fly, scenes like the hypnotized maid being burned alive or the - effective - suicide bomb attack against the demon general would probably have to go.

kato

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: 17 June 2021, 12:31:22 »

Crunchyroll announced Fena: Pirate Princess officially yesterday.

Trailer

"Coming this summer". CR/AdultSwim original. Production IG. Yuki Kajiura for music. Probably anime of the season...