Author Topic: Sore Thumbs III: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 11575 times)

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
Re: Sore Thumbs III: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?
« Reply #90 on: 26 January 2024, 02:49:48 »
After about a month break from Star Trek Online, I came back to a free coupon for a T6 ship, which I redeemed for a Dominion Vanguard Carrier for my Jem’Hadar character. So far, I like it! The wingmen in particular are very useful. I hear they’re a super effective means of power leveling as well; if I start a new non-Dominion character in the future, I might pop them into this thing for a while. My only worry is that it might backfire by leaving me horribly undergeared on ground content, but I think I can mitigate or even eliminate that by preparing ahead of time buying stuff with other characters. lol
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #91 on: 27 January 2024, 00:09:20 »
Picked up Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth today.

Been fun so far, but the fact that New Game Plus mode is restricted to the Ultimate Edition of the game is really galling even if I rarely bother with it in Yakuza games.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #92 on: 29 January 2024, 12:10:07 »
Tekken 8

I am not joking when I say that I bought PS5 mainly for this game. I got mine today as bday present and so far I did some practice and I also played little bit arcade as well. Turns out I am liking to most play one of new character Azucena when  I was so sure that I would like to play returning character Jun most. Coffee girl is really just so fun to play.   
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #93 on: 29 January 2024, 16:20:22 »
Coffee girl is just as fun to play as the previews made her out to be?  Good to know.

Also, is Jun physically back in the story mode and not just as a flashback character or her spirit that appears to Jin or whatever?

I was very excited upon seeing Jun's reveal trailer, but I worry that it means once and for all that Asuka will never again be relevant to the game's plot and is permanently relegated to being the object of Lili's tsundere yuri crush.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #94 on: 29 January 2024, 16:32:26 »
Asuka does get to do things in story mode and help Jin alongside Lili but she got nerfed so that Jun could keep her good moves so honestly she isn't that good anymore. As far as is Jun actually being in story mode goes I can't answer that because I am not that far.   
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

Akamia

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: 29 January 2024, 16:43:14 »
Received Palworld as a gift. Played it for like 9 and a half hours straight. Already I, uh, “convinced” a couple of invading Syndicate thugs to switch sides and join me instead of beating me and my Pals up and breaking my stuff.

This is going to be an interesting game. At least the player characters are easier on the eyes than the ARK player characters.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #96 on: 29 January 2024, 16:46:36 »
Disregarding the colorful animals, is it more coop or PvP focused survivor play? How's the polish feel rn?
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Akamia

• Captain
« Reply #97 on: 29 January 2024, 16:49:29 »
I heard there are plans to implement PvP at some point, but for the moment it’s full co-op play. As for polish, I personally haven’t run into any grievous errors yet, but I’m still technically in the early game, and the game overall is still in Early Access. That being said, it all looks nice IMO.

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #98 on: 30 January 2024, 23:12:41 »
Started playing Super Mario Bros. Wonder.  I'm playing as Luigi.  And so far it's great!

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #99 on: 31 January 2024, 00:42:16 »
Back into Giren's Greed on my PSP.  Trying for a completion run to unlock all factions and the enclyclopedia

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #100 on: 01 February 2024, 22:14:08 »
Early this noon, I played a demo of Lightyear Frontier on Steam, and it's a very relaxing game with an Agro Mech used for farming.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #101 on: 01 February 2024, 23:21:44 »
Still playing Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth.  And after relentlessly doing every side mission possible I'm about ten levels above where I should be for the chapter I'm in.  Really stomping my way through everything in my path.

Prospernia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #102 on: 04 February 2024, 23:49:47 »
Found a copy of Steel-Panthers: World at War that will play on my computer!  I just annihilated two US-Army infantry companies with a Panzer-Grenadier Platoon and a Tiger-tank Platoon.  I lost two men; they lost 249!. I guess they won't be getting a fat VA-loan in the '50's!    I spread my forces on each objective, then, I bought one recon-unit, a PSW-231 8-Rad and sent him as fast as he could to the American-rear. For some reason, my mechanized infantry wouldn't mount on my SPW-251s, so, I just had them walk and use them vehicles and mobile machine-guns. Early on, I get hit by four B-25 Mitchell Bombers; I did buy a flak-unit, a SdKfz-6/2, but they didn't even fire at the bombers and it was my Tiger's AA MGs that damaged them enough not to come back.  So I used the AA-Flak as anti-infantry support.   The Americans were up on a hill with rough-terrain, and I had no artillery, so I used MGs and just fired away, every turn. The recon-car got behind enemey-lines, and took out the commander, and stayed behind there providing support with its 20mm's; any units that ran, got hit. I lost control of two of my Tigers; for some reason, I could only move them backwards.   The biggest problem I had was running out of HE-ammo. 

And I have to do something about the scroll-speed; too fast!

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #103 on: 05 February 2024, 01:12:09 »
I loved the Churchill AVRE in that game, it could one-shot the dug in infantry squads.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Prospernia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #104 on: 06 February 2024, 17:10:09 »
I loved the Churchill AVRE in that game, it could one-shot the dug in infantry squads.

Much like the Soviet's KV-2; the 152mm wouldn't one-shot the whole infantry-squad, but enough so they would disperse; and sometimes, I'd use it against tanks; one-shot would destroy a panzer in '41.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #105 on: 08 February 2024, 19:05:40 »
ok oldie but goodie x com ufo defense 1992
i had been playing it today since 6 am on off all day till now
ohhhh how i hate these...just one more turn games no wonder i had not touched it in 4 years
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Prospernia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #106 on: 11 February 2024, 22:05:40 »
Steel Panthers: Japan v. Soviets, '41; river-advance; I bypassed the river and noticed the objectives were all along a North-South road.  So I did a hook, used my tanks and SNLF-forces to go around, while my normal-infantry was cannon-fodder. I had motorcycles scouting and cavalry, that got slaughtered.  I used my MGs and infantry-cannons up first, and to fire on all enemy-units, which is what they're supposed to do. I was surprised how effective the Japanese-tanks were against Soviet-tanks; the T-26 company didn't hit any of my tanks: Whereas, my tanks' 57mm cannon was more than a match for the Soviets. The biggest problem I had were some of my tanks, just wouldn't move forward and only backwards.  I needed mobility and they wouldn't move.

Prospernia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #107 on: 11 February 2024, 22:06:19 »
And I found my Ground-Control CD, so, I'm going to install that and see if I can like it.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #108 on: 12 February 2024, 08:18:37 »
HELLDIVERS 2

Awesome game, and how a GAMES AS A SERVICE should be done. You travel to various planets and "Liberate them them for Democracy and Super Earth!" at the end of your mission depending how well you did, you get XP, some resources and bring said planet a little bit more under control (Think 0.0004% or somewhere there abouts). But it's not just you, everyone playing on line is contributing to the control of the planet.

Currently two factions you battle against: Robots (not fought yet), that look to be a mix of Terminators and AT-ST Walkers and not, and the Bugs

Yeah, it is StarShip Troopers all the way, and it is glorious, The humor very tongue in cheek, and draws very heavily from said motif.

For Glory, For DEMOCRACY!
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #109 on: 12 February 2024, 10:44:13 »
Baldurs Gate 3.
Its ok, not awesome.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #110 on: 12 February 2024, 11:19:46 »
HELLDIVERS 2

Awesome game, and how a GAMES AS A SERVICE should be done. You travel to various planets and "Liberate them them for Democracy and Super Earth!" at the end of your mission depending how well you did, you get XP, some resources and bring said planet a little bit more under control (Think 0.0004% or somewhere there abouts). But it's not just you, everyone playing on line is contributing to the control of the planet.

Currently two factions you battle against: Robots (not fought yet), that look to be a mix of Terminators and AT-ST Walkers and not, and the Bugs

Yeah, it is StarShip Troopers all the way, and it is glorious, The humor very tongue in cheek, and draws very heavily from said motif.

For Glory, For DEMOCRACY!

How's the online connection been?  Because I've heard a lot of complaints about how prone the servers are to losing connection and how bad the matchmaking is.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #111 on: 12 February 2024, 11:36:33 »
How's the online connection been?  Because I've heard a lot of complaints about how prone the servers are to losing connection and how bad the matchmaking is.

Playing on a PS5

Matchmaking has been pretty good, I've not had issues, I think I've crashed (and that was whole game mind you) only once mid mission. The Character Level only means a difference in what kind of gear/strategems you can bring in (every one is max 4), and when you die, you drop any equipment you had, so...simply matter of picking back up and continuing.

heck, a Level 1 player is frankly just as powerful as a level 12, so...no issues for me.

Prospernia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #112 on: 13 February 2024, 20:55:52 »
So I have to turn off Orders for Steel-Panthers; I like units out of contact, but, I waste a lot of time clicking units, trying to move them only to have them only move backwards and not towards an objective; it would be great if I have all the units order and then that, effected them, but I have to move each unit one by one and it takes a lot of time with useless clicking.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #113 on: 02 March 2024, 20:15:51 »
Trying out Dragon Ball FighterZ.  Not really a Dragon Ball fan but multiple friends recommended this game to me and so far it does seem to have a very in-depth single player campaign for a tournament fighter.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #114 on: 02 March 2024, 20:42:18 »
Madden 24. First time I’ve played a madden game since the 90s. I am Very Bad

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Akamia

• Captain
« Reply #115 on: 03 March 2024, 05:06:51 »
I am also playing a little Helldivers 2 these days. It's pretty alright! I'm enjoying playing it with friends.

It's not really the sort of game I want to dedicate most of my playtime to, but whenever I have an opportunity to play it with a friend or three, well, why not? lol

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #116 on: 03 March 2024, 10:37:25 »
I am also playing a little Helldivers 2 these days. It's pretty alright! I'm enjoying playing it with friends.

It's not really the sort of game I want to dedicate most of my playtime to
, but whenever I have an opportunity to play it with a friend or three, well, why not? lol

Not very Democratic of you, sounds like someone needs a taste of Democracy!

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #117 on: 03 March 2024, 13:58:31 »
Last Epoch, Playing as an Acolyte with Lich mastery build. I just keep going into reaper form and slay anything in sight.

Akamia

• Captain
« Reply #118 on: 04 March 2024, 05:26:10 »
Not very Democratic of you, sounds like someone needs a taste of Democracy!
Yeah, yeah, I know I know. My partner and a mutual friend had a similar response to me not liking being required to wear a cape. Still don’t want to wear one, by the way. lol

On an unrelated note, I also got Crab Champions, a game made by the person who did the Crab Rave video. Looks fun!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #119 on: 05 March 2024, 14:24:22 »
ok happy and annoyed at same time
battletech mod rogue tech got new update today...
sadly it kills old saves oth some things had been tweaked like artilery which i had been waiting for
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!