Author Topic: LOTR Return to Moria  (Read 418 times)

guardiandashi

• Major
LOTR Return to Moria
« on: 27 October 2023, 14:19:11 »
so anyone else playing it?

I was wondering about thoughts

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
Re: LOTR Return to Moria
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2023, 09:15:06 »
Thought about buying it, but no one to play with, AND I've got the old MERP adventure anyway.   :undecided:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2023, 15:25:37 »
so I got it and have been playing

1 its a fairly basic survival game wit a couple mechanics.
hunger you have a "food bar" when it fully depletes you start starving and loosing health.
light there is a mechanic about darkness. if you are away from a "hearth" too long your char starts getting debuffs such as cold, bone cold, depression and similar all of which can start draining health, or block you from advancing through some doors.

torches, floor and wall lights as far as I can tell only grant vision light not environmental light.

sound sound so far (I have only been in the first 2 zones ) it claims sound can summon enemies but I haven't really seen it. with that said there are agro radius mechanics some mobs attack, and others run away.

it is possible to use agro mechanics against enemies (cave bears really don't like goblins/orcs, and they don't mind dwarves... as long as you don't get too close to their den)  cave bears at least in my game, will not path around trees, they walk right through them destroying them (free resources to pick up. )

the game is playable single player, I have not yet played multi-player

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #3 on: 30 October 2023, 09:01:32 »
Well, I OBVIOUSLY misunderstood!   :embarrassed:

I thought you were talking about the new KS-Funded game add-on, "Moria – Through the Doors of Durin", from Free League, for their (also KF-Funded) 2nd Edition of "The One Ring".  I remember getting an email from them about it (I backed their 4th Ed. Twilight: 2000 game), and thought that was what you were talking about.   :embarrassed:

Not much into PC gaming these days, but if it ever makes it to Series X (1st choice) or PS5 I'll give it a shot!   :smilie_happy_thumbup:

I looked it up and it sounds interesting!
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!