Author Topic: living in a meme  (Read 357 times)

elf25s

• Major
living in a meme
« on: 22 November 2023, 00:00:51 »
ok this happened to me this morning
saw a living meme today...went to walmart to pic few odds and ends with my neighbor and as we walked to the car across we saw a couple arguing in their car....apparently they lost car keys and could not start the car...i gathered that it was the case when i pointed out the keys in lock of the trunk,,,so my fiend and i talked should we help or not...just as i was exiting a locksmith van pulled in....we stuck around to watch the  show unfold as locksmith hand over the keys that were in the lock of the trunk....guy almost blew a vessel when he found out he still had to pay for guy showing up...love holidays

i thought some of those memes were staged and no one would be this mentally challenged
so any one else lived the meme moment?
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Re: living in a meme
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2023, 00:17:44 »
That one is hard to beat!  Glad the guy didn't have a stroke.

Here's one that's close, though decidedly more bloody.

When i was 12 I was fishing with my uncles.  We saw this little old lady who was down at her own part of the lake fishing with an old-fashioned cane pole - a long stick with a thick line tied to the end.  No reel or anything. 

Anyway we didn't even notice her until she caught a fish and dragged it to land.  It was a Northern Pike, about 3 feet long with a long narrow mouth filled with teeth that are truly razor sharp without exaggeration or dramatic license. 

Anyway, she had tried to get the hook from its mouth and it bit her, she was bleeding.  As one of my uncles went back to get a pair of needle nose pliers, this guy who sounded like he was from somewhere in the Eastern Europe area who was also fishing nearby ran over to help her out first.  He picked up the pike by its gills (which is how you are supposed to grab a pike, as it mostly paralyzes them from the grip and they won't flop around).  He then reached his finger into its mouth, very deep.  The fish was not THAT paralyzed!  It chomped down on his finger and the guy pulled his hand away as fast as he could.  His finger came out of the pike's mouth without a bit of skin left on it.  This is about 1988, so we had to find a payphone and call 911.  The ambulance came and took the guy to the hospital and gave the little old lady a bandaid for her relatively small bite.  We helped get the hook from the fish's mouth using needle nose pliers. 

I also caught my first largemouth bass and got the worst sunburn I've ever had.  But that's better than the guy who had to go to the hospital.
« Last Edit: 22 November 2023, 00:21:27 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2023, 17:37:48 »
I don’t know if it’s a meme, but it was kind of funny anyhow...

Years ago my father changed the oil in his car, but when he was to pour in the new oil he forgot the bottom plug so it ran straight through. Good for a chuckle, right?

But the funny part was a few years later. I was helping him with the car (don’t remember what, I know I was inside) when he starts changing the oil and says "wouldn't it be good for a laugh if I forgot the plug again?" - and proceeds to forget the plug! :grin:

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2023, 21:47:52 »
good one lol
i was still in highschool when this happened. one of my friends had a station wagon we all called THE DEATH WAGON
that thing refused to die no matter what my friend had done to it and he had been trying to kill it so his old man would buy him another car ...he hated the death wagon with a passion i  had not seen since then. i mean i swear it if you had seen movie christine you get the idea what that car was like minus murderous intent on cars part...but i would say it refused to die out of sheer spite. in period of ayear he ran that thing ragged even refused to add oil hell at one point he drained that thing dry! n cooling fluid take it for 100 mile drive in middle of summer...winter dont winterize it...lube it huh ? what? any basic maintanace out the window bumps ? scrapes ? no problem bottoming out few times meh! bring it on! drive it on rims hahahhahaha! you get the idea... after a year of this my friend said to hell with it its a highlander on wheels! so he decided to do maintance by putting oil and fluids in it....and would you know it? can you guess what happened? he got as far as the end of his driveway which was about 1/8 mile long engine seizes cooling system the raidiator exploded ripping the hood off and whole engine catches on fire....

i was at the of the driveway waiting for him to come down from the house when this happened ...the look of surprise of wth it just happened on his face was priceless

the story if your dad forgetting that tiny peice brought this to mind...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!