Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Most Iconic Mech
« Last post by Hellraiser on Today at 22:52:25 »
How are the Mad Cat and Commando technically from other games?

1.  I missed Commando was even on the list. Doh!

2.  I was thinking the MadCat was ripped off from Exosquad, but maybe I have that reversed & the toy came after the T-Wolf was released?

Either way I'm still saying Atlas since I was ignoring the Robotech models.
The Inner Sphere / Re: Which would you upgrade (Clan Invasion)?
« Last post by Hellraiser on Today at 22:43:04 »
Question was just which ones get the two mentioned bit of gear.

Right now I am leaning the Marauder II, Marauder 3D, Marauder 3R, Stalker 3H, and Warhammer 6D . . . the two standard Marauders cut back on overall # of sinks to get a bit more armor.  Especially the -3R.

Your original post didn't ask for where the DHS would go. 
It just asked for NARC, so I didn't comment, but as someone else noted you have quite a bit of heat balanced designs already.
I certainly wouldn't touch the Mad-II as its basically perfect already & at best you'd be adding some JJ heat while sniping which isn't a good idea already.
Its a Walk & triple tap baby already.

Going back & looking at the list again.....  added comments in red

Situation

Stalker   +2
Warhammer 6D       +2
Marauder 3D     +2
Crusader 3D      +2

Marauder 3R            +4
Hunchback 4P   +2
Victor      +2                               
Enforcer 4R      +2

Marauder 3R           +4         
Cataphract 1X    +2 
Whitworth 1      +2
Thunderbolt 5S      +4

Cronus 3M      +2
Griffin 1N   +1
Commando   +2
Javelin 10N      None if you NARC this one, otherwise +4
Spider 5V   +1

This gives you 4 lances, assuming NARC on the Javelin, or 17 mechs if you do the Assassin.

The remainder of them I'd save for battle repairs.

A lot of designs your limited in the # of external slots, unless there is a rule for voluntarily NOT having the max # of heatsinks in the engine, which I don't think I've ever heard of.
Like the Mad-3Rs, your sitting at 12+4, so I did all 4 to allow for 20 "vent" but your not getting more armor there w/o also loosing the PPC double tap ability, so, that's a trade off to be sure.
Aerospace / Re: Aegis fleet defense warship Anti Missile/Fighter
« Last post by Andras on Today at 22:18:32 »
They revised the AMS rules in 2019. Each bay fires at a volley, not each missile. If the entire missile volley isn't destroyed then each -1 damage is a -1 to hit modifier. 10 pairs is a -10 to hit mod for the entire volley so more then 10 bays is probably unnecessary. 

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=63819.0
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by Wrangler on Today at 22:16:53 »
Lumber
The Inner Sphere / Re: Which would you upgrade (Clan Invasion)?
« Last post by Colt Ward on Today at 21:52:07 »
No conversions or refit kits, they are lucky to be getting prototype DHS.  Question was just which ones get the two mentioned bit of gear.

Right now I am leaning the Marauder II, Marauder 3D, Marauder 3R, Stalker 3H, and Warhammer 6D . . . the two standard Marauders cut back on overall # of sinks to get a bit more armor.  Especially the -3R.

As for the NARC . . . yeah, Javelin or Assassin seems the best choice to me that does not compromise anything else, as long as the lance is around the LRM heavy machines.
The Inner Sphere / Re: What tech actually becomes obselete
« Last post by RifleMech on Today at 21:30:46 »
Maybe but with their range and smoke, I can see at least 1 platoon of a field gun company having HVACs. Their range allows them to soften up incoming targets or provide cover for shorter ranged field guns using specialty ammo.  And the smoke helps hide other units, or help hide their own movement. Those are all good things I think field gun infantry would want. Those things are also why I can also see efforts to improve the HVAC so they're not so explody for other units. I don't know if they can be but I can see people trying.

Chaos March

You had a LOT of long running fights b/c none of the factions involved in each of the planetary battles could summon overwhelming force.  You also had a skew of equipment, you could find units using left over 3025 designs scraping together cash to buy upgrades (or maybe with a few bolted on) but also have some well equipped but no faction could afford gobs of that level of quantity.  You would also not find Clan tech being brought in to fight on those worlds.
BattleTech Miniatures / Naval Aviation Themed Marauder
« Last post by ChaserGrey on Today at 21:15:05 »
A recent museum visit reminded of of how much I love the classic gull-grey-over-gloss-white color scheme.  Did a Marauder up, with decal numbers to do the side number and air wing tail code.  Don't think it came out half bad, if I do say so myself.

MegaMek Games / Re: How to use prototype DHS in MM Lab?
« Last post by Colt Ward on Today at 21:14:21 »
Thanks I looked at the two versions I had, it was locking up on 47- even if it had the MAD-4X.  Tried a 49 and it worked but your post told me what to look for.
Iced Earth - Gettysburg
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register