Author Topic: Clan Mech BV Calculation and CASE  (Read 1978 times)

snrdg091012

• Sergeant
Clan Mech BV Calculation and CASE
« on: 11 November 2017, 11:55:14 »
Morning from WA,

I hope I'm posting my question in the right place, my apologies if I've gotten the wrong location, again.

On BT TechManual PDF CAT 35002 2007-2013 The Topps Company, Inc. Corrected Third Printing Published by Catalyst Game Lab under Step 1: Calculate Defensive Battle Rating right column are direction for handling explosive ammunition and Gauss weapons, pp 302-303 there are two instructions specifically for Clan Mechs and four instructions with the entry of CASE*.

Page 303: The requirements with asterisks (*) has the following note: "* – It is assumed Clan ’Mechs have CASE installed. If the design specifically did not pay the C-bill cost to install CASE then treat a Clan-built ’Mech as an Inner Sphere ’Mech for the purpose of these calculations."

The Asterisk (*) note appears to confirm the details provided on TM p. 210 that Clan units, with the exception of ProtoMechs, are presumed to automatically fitted with CASE in all location that store explosive ammo or explosive equipment (such as Gauss Weapons).

1. The two Clan specific subtraction requirements are:

TM p. 302 the instruction is to subtract "15 points per critical space of explosive ammo in the center torso, legs or head (Clan ’Mech)."

TM p. 303 the instruction is to subtract "1 point per Gauss weapon critical space in the center torso, legs or head (Clan ’Mech)"

The four requirements with CASE* Clan Mechs are "assumed to have CASE installed" unless the "design did not pay the C-bill cost to install CASE" would be "treated as an Inner Sphere Mech for the purposes of these calculation".

If Clan Mechs are "presumed to incorporate CASE automatically in all locations that store ammunition or explosive equipment (such as Gauss Weapons)" why are the above points being subtracted from the Defensive Battle Rating?

Should the two instructions indicate that the subtractions would be done without CASE in a Clan Mech?

Tom R (aka snrdg091012)