Author Topic: (Answered) Terrain factor of Rough terrain  (Read 1919 times)

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
(Answered) Terrain factor of Rough terrain
« on: 01 June 2018, 13:40:26 »
In BattleMech Manual first non-beta release, page 61, the Terrain Factor and Conversion Table lists Rough: 0.

Other terrain types have values between 50 and 100. Is 0 for Rough terrain accurate? If so wouldn't a 'Mech walking through Rough terrain make it clear terrain?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 01 June 2018, 13:51:49 by Xotl »
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Terrain factor of Rough terrain?
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2018, 13:51:31 »
This follows the formatting of the same table in TW.  Really, the last line of the table is one of those things that attemps to be helpful but instead only takes up space to muddle the issue.  As per the text, you can't clear a terrain beyond Rough: the last line is attempting to illustrate that principle.

(I'm not sure what the point of the "Former Terrain" column is either, now that we're mentioning it).
« Last Edit: 03 June 2018, 22:59:56 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
Re: Terrain factor of Rough terrain?
« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2018, 07:43:24 »
This follows the formatting of the same table in TW.  Really, the last line of the table is one of those things that attemps to be helpful but instead only takes up space to muddle the issue.  As per the text, you can't clear a terrain beyond Rough: the last line is attempting to illustrate that principle.

(I'm not sure what the point of the "Former Terrain" column is either, now that we're mentioning it).

Ah. FWLIW, I think "N/A" would be more appropriate, but that's just me.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)