Author Topic: Comstar Army Makeup RAT?  (Read 8437 times)

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
Re: Comstar Army Makeup RAT?
« Reply #30 on: 18 February 2013, 11:51:39 »
I have no TO&E up yet. The event is in November, I'm just getting ready for it now. This is a good thread, I'm glad the OP started it..

I think I'm going to make rhe 2750 and SL 3058 mechs the standards. Instead of soing a RAT i'll probably pick units that seem (to me ) apropriate to the faction. The event is 3 days on the weekend. It'll be fridsy night 2 games happeni.g at the same time,  sat will be 4 games and sunday will be one big game.

Lots of painting and more mini buying... darn the luck...
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #31 on: 18 February 2013, 14:58:11 »
Sounds like a fun time. You might want to consider a few of the designs from other sourcebooks as well, but 2750+3058 is a pretty good starting pool.

The MUL is a nice source as well.

Oh, and don't forget vehicles!

calendraug

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 18 February 2013, 15:55:46 »
The comguard used the warhammer 7M variant i think its actually better than the royal 6rb O0

Lyran Archer

• Lieutenant
  • pre-3050: ARC-2R / post-3050: ARC-5W
« Reply #33 on: 18 February 2013, 17:08:26 »
IIRC, during Hanse Davion's wedding on Terra (as told in Michael Stackpole's Warrior triology), someone (maybe Morgan Hansek-Davion?) snuck into an underground ComStar facility and saw rows and rows of Star League era 'Mechs.

So, I would guess that Star League era 'Mechs would have been available to ComStar units even during the SSW, but they might not have used them in case they were captured by House units. They might have used them on Tukkyyd.
LCAF German Expeditionary Militia Kampfgruppe Panzerfaust: 1 Overlord class DropShip, 1 Fortress class DropShip, 2 AeroSpace Fighters, 4 BattleMech Companies, 1 Vehicle Company, 1 Infantry Battalion
Motto: STAND (behind a hill) AND DELIVER (indirectly via spotter)!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #34 on: 18 February 2013, 19:20:16 »
Actually, according to the MUL and the Sarna page you linked they don't have the Helepolis.

Huh, sarna has them being produced up to 2775... on Graham IV via Mitchell Vehicles.

T
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 18 February 2013, 22:07:15 »
Sounds like a fun time. You might want to consider a few of the designs from other sourcebooks as well, but 2750+3058 is a pretty good starting pool.

The MUL is a nice source as well.

Oh, and don't forget vehicles!

Trust me, i have all the resources and use every one  O0

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #36 on: 18 February 2013, 23:13:23 »
So, I would guess that Star League era 'Mechs would have been available to ComStar units even during the SSW, but they might not have used them in case they were captured by House units. They might have used them on Tukkyyd.

20-Year Update aka Wolfnet indicated the Com Guard divisions in the Inner Sphere proper favoured more common designs, while those stationed along the Periphery borders/bandit defense got stuff not seen since the Star League.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #37 on: 19 February 2013, 09:27:35 »
20-Year Update aka Wolfnet indicated the Com Guard divisions in the Inner Sphere proper favoured more common designs, while those stationed along the Periphery borders/bandit defense got stuff not seen since the Star League.

We are talking Tukayid though.

calendraug

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: 19 February 2013, 11:00:48 »
they tended to use more " mainstream " designs when they went public with the comguards. But their sldf line mechs and "clanbuster" refits rolled out for tukkayid and after that they dindnt bother hiding them.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #39 on: 19 February 2013, 11:22:57 »
Didn't seem like there was any sense hiding any more. It was pretty obvious they had been lying for years.

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
« Reply #40 on: 19 February 2013, 12:25:45 »
For the fun of it, I did the organization for 2 Comstar divisions using the lists in the field manual. It should give you an idea of what you had at Tukayid and up to the Jihad.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #41 on: 19 February 2013, 14:38:16 »
Huh, sarna has them being produced up to 2775... on Graham IV via Mitchell Vehicles.

T
That doesn't mean that C* used that design

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #42 on: 19 February 2013, 21:30:38 »
It is a new retcon, so he could use such, same as the Thumper Artillery Vehicle, made by Brooks Incorporated.

cheap knockoff of the Thor

Thor was the standard SLDF artillery so they could use all three variants. ICE, TAV-1 and the later TAV-2.

TT

PS: I tend to use common sense when placing a unit that has yet to be given advanced details of deployment. Going by the dates... I can see them using a handful or so, no more than 12 per Level V

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016