Author Topic: Miniature(s) of the Fortnight #38: Clint and Clint IIC  (Read 3330 times)

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
Miniature(s) of the Fortnight #38: Clint and Clint IIC
« on: 14 March 2018, 18:52:22 »
The feature of this fortnight is the Clint, another 'Mech that has been with us since the good ol' days of TRO 3025.  This is another 'Mech I tend to be fond of, for not necessarily rational reasons, and my units probably feature it more than canonically possible.  (Until construction was started in the 3060s, I believe it was a fairly rare 'Mech.)  I don't have much else to say about it, really.

There haven't been very many sculpts of the Clint:
  • The original sculpt released by Ral Partha and still available today through IWM (20-879).
  • The beginners set sculpt based on the original.
  • The plastic sculpt released by CGL in the modern intro boxes and the Pursuit Lance Pack, based on the beginners set sculpt.
The Clans have their own variant of the 'Mech based on prototypes, the Clint IIC.  There is a single sculpt of this 'Mech (20-279).

If you have any painted examples of these minis, please share them!  I know we'd all love to see them.  And, as always, thank you for reading and especially thank you to those who post.

Our next two fortnights will be: (Dates are approximations)
  • Clan (3/25): Phantom and Pouncer
  • Inner Sphere (4/8): Grasshopper
« Last Edit: 22 May 2018, 23:52:54 by Xiwo Xerase »

Luciora

• Major
Re: Miniature(s) of the Fortnight #37: Clint and Clint IIC
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2018, 12:31:18 »
Clint IIc (or the slouch), and the original.

The 4T and the 3U.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2018, 14:25:50 »
Tough sell this fortnight! On seeing the thread pop up, I couldn't remember ever painting either version. There are some good modern variants of the Clint, and the 2 model of the IIC is a nightmare, but between the looks and the poor first impression I haven't gotten to them.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #3 on: 17 March 2018, 07:50:53 »
I've only got one.  Alpha Strike plastic mini version.  Part of my Illician Lancers battalion.  I was never a big fan of this Mech either (design not the mini).  I think I've played with one maybe once or twice and that's it.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
« Reply #4 on: 17 March 2018, 10:46:09 »
An old sculpt Clint and a Clint IIc.
The Clint is part of the Donegal Guards.
The Clint IIc is part of the Diamond Shark Sigma galaxy.

And i still don't know, why the Clint IIc got a separate head...

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Re: Miniature(s) of the Fortnight #38: Clint and Clint IIC
« Reply #5 on: 07 October 2020, 13:27:27 »
Box Set Plastic one painted in 39th Avalon Hussars scheme.  Rebased on transparent hex.

edit: This Clint miniature is one of the reasons I don't follow the scale guide at the back of TR '39.  There's no room in the 'head' for any part of the pilot, including the pilot's helmeted head.  If I cut the legs a few centimeters at the shin, this sucker would stand really well along side BattleForce Scale Mechs, and the cockpit being in the head would be more believable.
« Last Edit: 07 October 2020, 13:30:03 by Daemion »
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Jhousdan

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 08 October 2020, 17:22:37 »
The clint IIC sculpt is super janky. It needs longer legs and a shorter torso... and the head could be a little smaller. Some of those IIC sculpts were seriously phoned in (Phoenix Hawk IIC, im looking at you too)

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 16 October 2020, 20:21:21 »
The clint IIC sculpt is super janky. It needs longer legs and a shorter torso... and the head could be a little smaller. Some of those IIC sculpts were seriously phoned in (Phoenix Hawk IIC, im looking at you too)
[/quote

Haw! But the Clint Iic is not too bad

Jhousdan

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 19 October 2020, 08:30:31 »

My mercenary Clint IIC (paintscheme shamelessly stolen from the 1st Robinson Rangers)

Register