Author Topic: MekHQ and Chaos Campaign  (Read 1931 times)

SLDF_Spector

• Sergeant
MekHQ and Chaos Campaign
« on: 20 February 2018, 16:29:18 »
I'm just now getting back into BT with my kids.  I love how MekHQ handles alot of the overhead for me, but is there a way to use MekHQ with the Chaos Campaign rules and Alpha Strike?  For instance, repairs.  Alpha Strike is less detailed than CBT so how would you handle that in MekHQ?
One day I will have a woman who's name doesn't end in jpg, bmp, or png.

elf25s

• Major
Re: MekHQ and Chaos Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2018, 16:46:22 »
sorry no alpha strike for you...at least not yet
there was a project about 2 or 3 years back to try to mod the mekhq to alpha strike rule set...as far as i know it is not being work on since no updates had been made.
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

SLDF_Spector

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2018, 21:06:25 »
I figured as much.  In your opinion, should I just develop a "hybrid" system?  Keep MekHQ for the general maintenance and use a separate DB or spreadsheet for repairs? 
One day I will have a woman who's name doesn't end in jpg, bmp, or png.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2018, 07:08:00 »
up to you...
but it would be interesting to see what you can come up with and how many folks you can get to help with that project.
but if you want your stuff to be compatible with mekhq you had better know java.
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2018, 07:59:36 »
I've thought about adding part of the Warchest system into HQ but it would take a lot of work and have had other projects I have wanted to see in HQ and MM which have a higher priority.

I think someone else had brought it up but like everything else with MM and friends it depends on who is working on it, how much of a priority it is, and how much time they have. All of us (devs and contributors) have a limited amount of time and have our own priorities.