Author Topic: Are you worthy? Alpha Strike After Action Report  (Read 4783 times)

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
Are you worthy? Alpha Strike After Action Report
« on: 10 September 2015, 08:10:18 »
Well this past weekend our local gaming group ASWA ran the first in a series of Alpha Strike Historical Games. For our first game we picked the opening battle in the War of Reaving Battle at the Kerensky Blood Chapel. I want to give a big Thank You to our local Catalyst Demo Agent Wolf Lancer 4, Adrian Gideon, and the members of ASWA for their help in making this event a success. I also want to thank all of the players who participated in game and look forward to more events in the future. So without further ado here are some pictures of the event.
« Last Edit: 14 September 2015, 16:16:06 by wolfspider »
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
Re: Are you worthy? After Action Report
« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2015, 16:21:19 »
Clan Coyote on the Attack!
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 10 September 2015, 16:22:36 »
Clan Diamond Sharks attempt to win glory and fame!

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 10 September 2015, 16:25:44 »
Clan Ghost Bear sees an opening in the wall and charges the Wolf defenders to no avail!
« Last Edit: 10 September 2015, 16:27:27 by wolfspider »

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 10 September 2015, 16:31:08 »
More Ghost Bear action as the combat breaks down to a Grand Melee

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 10 September 2015, 16:38:15 »
Clan Goliath Scorpion attacks the west wall of the blood chapel and forces an opening but has to face Clan Ghost Bear in series of trials for control of that section of the wall. Once inside they face the commander of the Wolf forces in one on one combat.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2015, 16:40:42 »
Clan Hell's Horses enter into a series of trials for the Kerensky Hall of Nude Art with Clan Goliath Scorpion!

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 10 September 2015, 16:44:37 »
Clan Jade Falcons Vau Galaxy breaches the wall and attacks the Clan Wolf mechs on the east side of the chapel with the help of Clan Snow Raven!
« Last Edit: 10 September 2015, 16:47:01 by wolfspider »

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 10 September 2015, 16:49:08 »
Clan Wolf awaiting the attack and Clan Star Adder moves onto the board!

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 10 September 2015, 17:00:09 »
In 6 hours we were able to play 12 turns and maximum carnage was done to all sides. I want to congratulate CGL for designing an awesome game that is a blast to play. We had a few players that had never played Alpha Strike before and by the end of the game were totally sold on the idea. We hope that people will get a few ideas from the pictures that I have posted and want to try their hand at recreating some of the great battles of the Battletech universe! The sky is the limit! With that I will leave you with a few more pictures of our game!

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 10 September 2015, 17:01:28 »
OK the last 2 I swear!  O0

Baron RedSkull

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm bringin' macho back!
    • Tidewater Battletech Club
« Reply #11 on: 10 September 2015, 20:32:43 »
Wow! That looks epic. Glad to hear that everyone had fun.
Why not Zoidberg?

(V){;,,,;}(V)

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #12 on: 10 September 2015, 21:24:12 »
Thanks it was totally epic! I think the flames and smoke really added to the fun
« Last Edit: 10 September 2015, 21:26:21 by wolfspider »

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
Re: Are you worthy? Alpha Strike After Action Report
« Reply #13 on: 16 September 2015, 07:55:48 »
This is actually the smoking remains of the Blood Spirit representatives after the Adders (in Alpha Galaxy colors and a brown camo) were done with them.
At this point Star Colonel Dak Truscott was using the buildings for cover as he burned down Fire Mandrills and Goliath Scorpions at long range.

CDT Special Agent #343

Louie N

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 18 September 2015, 09:36:44 »
Thank you for the report. 

PhoeniX0302

• Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 20 September 2015, 16:56:39 »
Wow! Looked like a lot of fun.
I envy you for having the blood chapel as building. I assume it is the same that was on display during Gencon?

A little while ago, I created the same scenario, but alas with no blood chapel building and limiting the action on one part of the compound.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #16 on: 21 September 2015, 11:55:51 »
Looks like fun. I agree, the Blood Chapel is one of the best looking terrain pieces created for a GenCon diorama. Kudos to whomever built it.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #17 on: 21 September 2015, 12:44:08 »
The Blood Chapel was the one from the GenCon Diorama, provided for the game by Wolf Lancer 4

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #18 on: 21 September 2015, 22:52:37 »
This is actually the smoking remains of the Blood Spirit representatives after the Adders (in Alpha Galaxy colors and a brown camo) were done with them.
At this point Star Colonel Dak Truscott was using the buildings for cover as he burned down Fire Mandrills and Goliath Scorpions at long range.

This warms my old Adder heart. :)

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 24 September 2015, 01:06:43 »
Watching everyone squirm before the fight even started was lots o fun  >:D

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #20 on: 26 September 2015, 08:43:20 »
Watching everyone squirm before the fight even started was lots o fun  >:D

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.

Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?

Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.
 ;D

Remove

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 30 September 2015, 18:00:00 »
Great looking game there!  O0

Register