Author Topic: manga time so what are you reading now? (Links may be NSFW)  (Read 133089 times)

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
Re: manga time so what are you reading now? (Links may be NSFW)
« Reply #180 on: 11 March 2016, 01:15:15 »
It would be more comfy, than the skull throne.
Shoot first, laugh later.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #181 on: 11 March 2016, 17:03:23 »
You just gave me the best idea for a Space Marine chapter ever.

"Battle formation, line a-breast!"

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #182 on: 11 March 2016, 17:15:29 »
It would be more comfy, than the skull throne.

Fair enough
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #183 on: 12 March 2016, 18:54:38 »
Freaks' Squeele last chapter came out....what a wild and strange trip it has been!
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #184 on: 15 March 2016, 07:28:36 »
Getting little worried about UQ Holder, the Negi spin off.  The storyline seems to be almost being rushed little bit.  Skipping stuff.   Hope it's not gearing up for premature ending.  #P
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #185 on: 15 March 2016, 15:32:47 »
Now I am reading Dance in the Vampire Bund II: Scarlet Order volume 4. I am liking Dance in the Vampire Bund manga (it's far better than anime) and Scarlet Order has so far also been rather good least in my opinion.
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #186 on: 15 March 2016, 21:59:26 »
Now I am reading Dance in the Vampire Bund II: Scarlet Order volume 4. I am liking Dance in the Vampire Bund manga (it's far better than anime) and Scarlet Order has so far also been rather good least in my opinion.

Is the main female still a Stepford Wife in the manga? I could not stand her in the anime by the end of the season.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #187 on: 16 March 2016, 06:02:07 »
Is the main female still a Stepford Wife in the manga? I could not stand her in the anime by the end of the season.

No she is not. In manga she is very active as leader. She is Queen of all Vampires after all and she also has to maintain relations with japanese while running Vampire Bund since some vampires tend to be unpredictable by nature. And she does do some fighting herself but rarely because she tries to keep her true form secret and for good reason.   

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #188 on: 16 March 2016, 07:17:32 »
No she is not. In manga she is very active as leader. She is Queen of all Vampires after all and she also has to maintain relations with japanese while running Vampire Bund since some vampires tend to be unpredictable by nature. And she does do some fighting herself but rarely because she tries to keep her true form secret and for good reason.   

Sorry, I meant Yuki, not Mina.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #189 on: 16 March 2016, 09:01:18 »
Sorry, I meant Yuki, not Mina.

Sorry, I don't consider Yuki main female. After all she ended up just being there as Mina's friend and supporting character for both Akira and Mina. 

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #190 on: 17 March 2016, 00:19:07 »
Just finished off Neon Genesis Eva, long time coming but a great read alltogether. I'd have to agree, the manga is superior. Just because of how much more they explore the other side characters and their motives. Though I have to ask, Were the events and scenes that occured at the end of the series the orginially planned ending for the anime before they hit their notorious budget cuts? Keep in mind this is without seeing any other installments in the franchise other than the original series.
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #191 on: 17 March 2016, 00:21:34 »
And with that, Assassination Classroom comes to an end.  Well done.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #192 on: 17 March 2016, 14:34:16 »
And with that, Assassination Classroom comes to an end.  Well done.
Indeed.

[applause] [applause] [applause] to the creators.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #193 on: 24 March 2016, 09:49:37 »
funny things you find when you are sick...
well got bored to tears so i dove in my box of shame...and eneded re reading maison ikkoku all viz volumes...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #194 on: 17 April 2016, 12:59:05 »
ajin had this one for awhile just started reading it ...ok so far
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #195 on: 17 April 2016, 21:30:21 »
4th Volume of Ancient Magus' Bride (English translation) hit the bookstores last week and I picked it up the day it came out. I love this manga! Learned some about Elias' past, and we had some character and relationship development. Good stuff.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #196 on: 26 April 2016, 13:56:33 »
Just ordered Volumes 1-6 of Akira. I've seen the movie a few times, but, never read the Manga. Looking forward to reading it and seeing how much it differs.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #197 on: 28 April 2016, 12:46:38 »
Just ordered Volumes 1-6 of Akira. I've seen the movie a few times, but, never read the Manga. Looking forward to reading it and seeing how much it differs.

are you in for very shocking and rude awakening...and you will love it if you had not read it before

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #198 on: 02 May 2016, 15:31:30 »
Just saw the latest chapter for GATE. That was...dark.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #199 on: 02 May 2016, 15:51:30 »
Just saw the latest chapter for GATE. That was...dark.

With our Princess going off the moral deep end?
For all my complaints about the Anime's second season, I'll agree to that bit being wisely left out.
But then again, Kuribayashi being referred as a demigod was priceless too...

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #200 on: 02 May 2016, 16:01:07 »

Ore to Hero to Mahou Shoujo
It is quite an interesting manga, I just wish that there is an official english release. However I do get the feeling that we will get an anime in a couple of years.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #201 on: 03 May 2016, 02:37:15 »
Re: Gate, well...desperation breeds strange bedfellows.  ^-^

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #202 on: 03 May 2016, 11:14:18 »
Re: Gate, well...desperation breeds strange bedfellows.  ^-^
Indeed. However Diabo is spineless coward who - for whatever reasons - doesn't even try to cooperate with Pina. And it's interesting how japanese think the Empire is still behaving with all the crap it's doing, like refusing food for Japan's diplomats.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #203 on: 03 May 2016, 11:21:51 »
Indeed. However Diabo is spineless coward who - for whatever reasons - doesn't even try to cooperate with Pina.
Why should he? Pina is acting like an idiot. And he has already implemented his own plans.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #204 on: 03 May 2016, 11:33:13 »
Pina is acting like an idiot.
How so? For having interest to japanese "fine arts" and accepting Diabo's demand which he said wasn't serious?

And he has already implemented his own plans.
Let me look up "implemented" from dictionary... Only thing I see Diabo has implemented is to run off from the capital. Have I missed anything?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #205 on: 03 May 2016, 13:19:41 »
Let me look up "implemented" from dictionary... Only thing I see Diabo has implemented is to run off from the capital. Have I missed anything?
Yes, though the manga hasn't shown it yet.  Have you read the novel translations?

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #206 on: 03 May 2016, 13:25:12 »
ps. I haven't read any novel translations. This is just my perspective from the manga.

How so? For having interest to japanese "fine arts" and accepting Diabo's demand which he said wasn't serious?
For thinking that the Empire's current political process can solve the crisis. She should be at least making backup plans for leaving and smuggling her father out, but no she is just waiting for someone to rescue her.

He knows that the crown prince is becoming an insane dictator. In the capital he is just waiting to be murdered, so he is getting out, sending the servants away and advising others (like his sister) to leave as well. When he is out of the capital he can look for aid and hopefully (from his pov) use that to restore the Empire. He will likely have to give some large concessions, but it beats the alternative (total fall of the Empire, followed by succession wars).

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #207 on: 03 May 2016, 13:36:00 »
For thinking that the Empire's current political process can solve the crisis. She should be at least making backup plans for leaving and smuggling her father out, but no she is just waiting for someone to rescue her.
Mind you, this is a person who after watching a play decided to found an Order of Knights consisting mostly of female nobles around her age....as a child. Strongly emphasize on knights.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #208 on: 03 May 2016, 13:37:12 »
ps. I haven't read any novel translations. This is just my perspective from the manga.
Good call, I give you that. Then again, japanese seem to think the same. Just kick that SOB from the throne already and replace him with Diabo or Pina, but no. Shit is gonna hit the fan sooner or later, and japanese choose later. Then again, Zorzal might not have done anything too drastic yet which would require drastic countermeasures by Japan, and JSDF is waiting & preparing for that. I can't think of anything else about it.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #209 on: 08 May 2016, 09:27:02 »
Just finally found Yome ga Kore na Monde. (Oh, My Sweet Alien) again when a chapter came out. Then I learned the author died ;_;