Author Topic: manga time so what are you reading now? (Links may be NSFW)  (Read 132681 times)

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: manga time so what are you reading now? (Links may be NSFW)
« Reply #211 on: 22 May 2016, 13:59:30 »
Re: Monster is descent manga, but its not for everyone.  especially when everything and everyone is on the menu.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #212 on: 22 May 2016, 18:24:48 »
Re: Monster is descent manga, but its not for everyone.  especially when everything and everyone is on the menu.
It is only cannibalism if you eat a member of your own species. *whistles*
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #214 on: 28 May 2016, 10:47:18 »
Just finally read KURO.
Wow, what a mind bender.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #215 on: 28 May 2016, 15:36:40 »
Just finally read KURO.
What is it about? Who is author?

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #216 on: 28 May 2016, 15:40:46 »
Soumatou.
Mystery genre. A girl and a cat live alone in a mansion, she tend a greenhouse full of white flowers for the town (flower caretaker or such). You're drawn in the more you read on. It's very compelling.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #217 on: 28 May 2016, 20:58:09 »
Started reading , Renai Boukun, its pretty funny book. Cupid, who happens to latch on to our poor main character who draws in gallery of really wacky and crazy woman..
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #218 on: 29 May 2016, 08:41:40 »
Started reading , Renai Boukun, its pretty funny book. Cupid, who happens to latch on to our poor main character who draws in gallery of really wacky and crazy woman..
Oh that is a very fun manga.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #220 on: 01 June 2016, 09:53:54 »
I was just thinking how this manga I finished a few days ago contained all the elements of a classic Lovecraftian horror.
6000 by Koike Nokuto. It got everything including people losing sanity and becoming gibbering.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #221 on: 11 June 2016, 15:33:24 »
I read Neon Genesis Evangelion volumes 13 and 14 from 2-in-1 published by Viz. Well ending was lot better than original anime ending and EoE that's for sure with some elements from EoE but done much better.

Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #222 on: 11 June 2016, 15:56:12 »
I read Neon Genesis Evangelion volumes 13 and 14 from 2-in-1 published by Viz. Well ending was lot better than original anime ending and EoE that's for sure with some elements from EoE but done much better.

I heard the anime ending was really rushed? If so that would explain for the manga ending being better since that had more time to wrap up.

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #223 on: 11 June 2016, 22:49:16 »
I heard the anime ending was really rushed? If so that would explain for the manga ending being better since that had more time to wrap up.
Aff, I hear it was because of a couple of factors, the wiki states that the show was running close to it's deadlines through out it's run, causing the script to be rewrote and the original planned ending to be abandoned by episode 13.

Due to the time constraints, already finished scenes for the ending had to be reworked to match the new deadline. Because of this, most of the ending stayed unfinished.

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #224 on: 13 June 2016, 09:21:00 »
not manga but inspired by it at least style wise...forever war from 1990s
 i do not remember the publisher
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #225 on: 13 June 2016, 10:17:59 »
Finished reading Prisma Illya 3rei.  Wow, uh...that's a tonal shift.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #226 on: 13 June 2016, 12:02:45 »
gunnm mars chronicles capt 16.1

is it my imagination but ever since ZOT the story line feels more like dbz lately?
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #227 on: 13 June 2016, 14:17:25 »
gunnm mars chronicles capt 16.1
So umm... WHAT!?

is it my imagination but ever since ZOT the story line feels more like dbz lately?
If my memory doesn't fail, it's Z.O.T.T.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #228 on: 13 June 2016, 19:00:55 »
not manga but inspired by it at least style wise...forever war from 1990s
 i do not remember the publisher

If you mean author, it is Joe Haldeman

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #229 on: 13 June 2016, 19:43:27 »
So umm... WHAT!?
If my memory doesn't fail, it's Z.O.T.T.
What you talking about? Isn't this in the past of Battle Angel manga?

I was bit upset that author decided not go ahead into the future instead after Last Order was done.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #230 on: 14 June 2016, 10:11:56 »
you guys are right it was zott
the new series just jumps back and forth between past present after the last order

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #231 on: 14 June 2016, 10:16:11 »
I try not to sweat the terminology in Gunnm too much. Practically every localization introduces some new, bizarre name alteration.

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #232 on: 14 June 2016, 23:31:33 »
Was reading Fullmetal Alchemist up until volume 10, but then I started watching its TV adaptation FMA: Brotherhood. Love FMA! Still need to see the last season though. The manga is really fun to read.
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #233 on: 15 June 2016, 08:02:40 »
Was reading Fullmetal Alchemist up until volume 10, but then I started watching its TV adaptation FMA: Brotherhood. Love FMA! Still need to see the last season though. The manga is really fun to read.
Brotherhood is way more faithful to the manga than the first series. But both are fun to watch.

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #234 on: 15 June 2016, 09:14:26 »
Brotherhood is way more faithful to the manga than the first series. But both are fun to watch.

Yeah I had been watching the first series up until it started deviating from the manga, that's when I found out Brotherhood was, as you said, much more faithful to the manga. I really dig the art style in FMA. It's got this grit and specific way the characters are all drawn, especially during the funny sections (plenty of that!)
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #235 on: 15 June 2016, 13:20:25 »
Been reading the comedy/supernatural South Koren Manga - I'm a Loser.  20th something guy who has been blessed or cursed with blood that can kill demons, unfortunately he himself isn't that good at anything when Trouble finds him.  There not alot volumes i've found of it, but it's funny and good read.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #236 on: 18 June 2016, 06:29:34 »
I am reading Naruto: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring as finnish translated version. I don't know what I expected but this is even worse than end of Naruto as manga. I already regret buying it.     

EDIT: On positive note I am liking volume 11 of A Certain Scientific Railgun.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2016, 16:56:38 by Mecha82 »
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #237 on: 22 June 2016, 22:28:03 »
Been Steadly following UQ Holder, their up to Chapter 128, where they've ended their weekly publication to switch gears to a monthly starting in....October.   That's while to wait for slightly longer publication. 

Also, they announced their going release Anime version of UQ Holder.  Which is fine, even if it gets cut off at 13 and with ending that doesn't have anything to do with manga.  It's good advertising for manga, it needs more people reading it. I think it maybe struggling.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #238 on: 23 June 2016, 05:27:46 »
Been Steadly following UQ Holder, their up to Chapter 128, where they've ended their weekly publication to switch gears to a monthly starting in....October.   That's while to wait for slightly longer publication. 

Ken Akamatsu has been indicating on twitter that he's been in a bit of a slump with the manga and struggling to meet his weekly deadlines. My biggest concern with it is that Akamatsu-sensei doesn't seem sure where he's taking the story - the characters and art are great, but it all feels a bit aimless.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #239 on: 23 June 2016, 08:26:03 »
Ken Akamatsu has been indicating on twitter that he's been in a bit of a slump with the manga and struggling to meet his weekly deadlines. My biggest concern with it is that Akamatsu-sensei doesn't seem sure where he's taking the story - the characters and art are great, but it all feels a bit aimless.
That's kinda a serious problem for a story teller. If you don't have an ending in mind when you start it or see possible endings for your story as it goes on.....

Register