Author Topic: Alpha Strike 3025 Quirk List  (Read 5928 times)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
Alpha Strike 3025 Quirk List
« on: 27 January 2016, 17:34:02 »
All on one page in one PDF, quirks for the old designs from the 3025 era of TRO's.

There are some house rules with these quirks...  two of them are new (Poor Cooling Jacket by Abou, Poor Jump Jets) and one of them was modified to work with the 0* ability (Ammunition Feed Problem, if the unit has IF0* and does 2/1/0*, the failure would lower damage to 1/0*/-).

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: 14 February 2016, 09:54:31 by Fear Factory »
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: BattleMech Quirk List
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2016, 18:46:32 »
I like most of your choices, and would pick similarly in most cases.  However I disagree here:

Dragon – None

Based on the TRO3025 entry, I'd give Dragons BattleFists and/or Easy to Pilot.

I would have said that the Scorpion needs Bad Reputation, but to my surprise ASC doesn't include it.

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2016, 19:35:03 »
Some very nice choices, that I'm going to have to... ... ... borrow (yeah, THAT's the ticket...) for my next home game. One question I do have is why does the Spider only gain Narrow/Low Profile while jumping?

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2016, 20:49:33 »
I like most of your choices, and would pick similarly in most cases.  However I disagree here:

I would have said that the Scorpion needs Bad Reputation, but to my surprise ASC doesn't include it.

We'll have to agree.  Modified above.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #4 on: 27 January 2016, 20:58:39 »
Vehicles:

Boomerang Spotter Plane - Atmospheric Flyer, Improved Sensors
Swiftwind Scout Car - Improved Sensors, Improved Communications, Obsolete
J-27 - Trailer Hitch
MASH - None
Packrat - Improved Communications
Mobile HQ - Improved Sensors, Improved Communications, Battle Computer
Coolant Truck - None
Von Luckner - Ammunition Feed Problem
Ferret VTOL - Improved Sensors
Savannah Master - Obsolete
Guardian Fighter - None
Skulker - Improved Sensors
Warrior H-7 - Improved Sensors
Harasser - Difficult to Maintain
J. Edgar - Difficult to Maintain
Scorpion Tank - None
Sea Skimmer – None
Galleon – Ammunition Feed Problem (Laser Coil System)
Karnov - None
Hunter - None
Pegasus - Improved Sensors, (Optional - Improved Communications)
Saladin - None (Easy to Pilot?)
Saracen - Easy to Maintain
Scimitar - Easy to Maintain
Striker - Accurate Weapon 1
Engineering Vehicle - None
Hetzer - Poor Workmanship
Goblin – Accurate Weapon 1
Mechbuster - Gas Hog
Condor - None
Drillson - Accurate Weapon 1, Easy to Maintain
Maxim - None
Vedette – Easy to Maintain
Bulldog - None
LRM/SRM Carrier - None
Manticore - Accurate Weapon 1
Pike - Improved Targeting (All)
Rommel/Patton - None
Monitor Naval Vessel - None
Demolisher – None
Partisan - Anti-Aircraft Targeting
Schrek – Narrow/Low Profile, Poor Targeting (Short), Difficult to Maintain
Sturmfeur - Hard to Pilot (or "cramped cockpit" I guess)
Ontos – Ammunition Feed Problem (Turret Heat Sink/Amplifier Issue)
Behemoth - None
Neptune - None

EDIT:  House rule - ALL equipment purchased from Quickscell is 25% cheaper and have quriks Poor Workmanship and Difficult to Maintain.  >:D
« Last Edit: 31 January 2016, 12:07:58 by Fear Factory »

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2016, 20:59:58 »
Some very nice choices, that I'm going to have to... ... ... borrow (yeah, THAT's the ticket...) for my next home game. One question I do have is why does the Spider only gain Narrow/Low Profile while jumping?

In the fluff it explains that it has exceptional jump maneuverability because it can change its path easily.  The +1 seemed right.

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
« Reply #6 on: 27 January 2016, 21:28:03 »
I dont think that Cramped Cockpit fits an Assassin when I look at the size of the Cockpit in the miniature. It really look like it have two cockpits.
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #7 on: 27 January 2016, 21:45:09 »
I dont think that Cramped Cockpit fits an Assassin when I look at the size of the Cockpit in the miniature. It really look like it have two cockpits.

It has one in the fluff.  Not as bad as the Stinger, and it reads as though the fix for it was to overhaul the life support system.  Which I guess "fixes" it but the life support system makes the cockpit uncomfortable and deadly.  Depends on what you want to do, I guess.

EDIT:  I came up with this for the quirks:  1d6, 1-4 – Both, 5 – Cramped Cockpit, 6 – Poor Life Support.  The fluff suggests that they did terrible refitting the cockpit resulting in a very uncomfortable and potentially deadly cockpit.  I'm assuming that most of the Assassins out there would have both issues.  Roll 5 represents one that was untouched by the manufacturer.  Roll 6 represents a "successful" refit.
« Last Edit: 31 January 2016, 01:37:31 by Fear Factory »

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #8 on: 27 January 2016, 21:45:38 »

Remember that those minis weren't originally created with regards to any true realitavistic scale, instead being pawns or tokens for the hexmap. The Assassin may be a bit smaller than its mini suggests :)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #9 on: 27 January 2016, 21:49:48 »
If you guys have any input on vehicle quirks let me know...  There were a few I had no idea on what to do (The Ontos and Demolisher, specifically).

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 27 January 2016, 22:16:23 »
I believe the Schrek was listed as one of the examples of the low profile quirk in SO?
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #11 on: 27 January 2016, 22:21:29 »
I believe the Schrek was listed as one of the examples of the low profile quirk in SO?

It might have been...  Don't remember.

Fighters

Seydltz - Gas Hog
Cheetah - Atmospheric Flight Instability, Gas Hog
Thrush - Hard to Pilot
Sparrowhawk - Fragile Fuel Tank
Corsair - Easy to Pilot
Transit - Easy to Pilot
Stingray - Atmospheric Flight Instability
Lucifer - Poor Performance
Shilone - None
Transgressor - Atmospheric Flight Instability, Cramped Cockpit
Slayer - None
Chippewa - Easy to Pilot, Easy to Maintain
Riever - Poor Performance
Stuka - None
« Last Edit: 27 January 2016, 22:51:53 by Fear Factory »

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #12 on: 27 January 2016, 22:44:16 »

I read it again, and if anything, I would think the dragon would get "weak legs" but none of them jump.  It says nothing about having battlefists, or some kind of enhanced physical ability, just that the arm can make attacks without breaking the autocannon.  Nothing implies that it's easy to pilot too...  I dunno.

It also says it's harder to hit and knock down... maybe narrow/low profile.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #13 on: 27 January 2016, 23:03:27 »
Mind you, I don't have TRO3039.  I'm going off of 3025 (classic) and assuming the entries are similar.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 27 January 2016, 23:19:09 »
Well, I think I see the disconnect.   The larger part is that I misremembered the bit about having an arm reinforced for punching.. I thought that was about the punching arm with the hand actuator rather than protecting the autocannon when used as a club.

The other thing was interpreting the fluff of being squat/hard to knock over/stable.  It's good at delivering kicks (or perhaps not being knocked over when kicked), but that's not punching.  But AS doesn't differentiate between kicks/punches... they're all just physical attacks.  So the gist of "having good footing" might be battleFEET (represented as battlefists in AS quirks) or perhaps something else that represents being surefooted... Easy to Pilot came to mind as an alternate idea.

But yeah it's all opinion and interpretation.  As another example of a difference in interpretation, I'd give Vulcans the Narrow Profile quirk.  (I'd even go so far as to say the quirk was written with them specifically in mind ;) )  But that's fine, quirks can be fun just to "argue" about.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #15 on: 27 January 2016, 23:25:05 »
Argue away, honestly.  I'm having fun with it.

I actually didn't think of the battleFEET thing...  good point.  EDIT:  Totally overlooked the Vulcan entry... it has narrow/low profile.
« Last Edit: 28 January 2016, 00:57:51 by Fear Factory »

Von Ether

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: 28 January 2016, 00:59:45 »
Remember that those minis weren't originally created with regards to any true realitavistic scale, instead being pawns or tokens for the hexmap. The Assassin may be a bit smaller than its mini suggests :)

Which still baffles me why the Battleforce figs aren't more popular with the CBT crowd.
"New players, regardless of age, need to know two things about a wargame. How to blow stuff up and what faction is painted in his favorite color. All the rest can come later when they are hooked." -- A.G.
"But the problem is that it seems to have been made by someone who equates complication with complexity, and that just ain't so." -- iamfanboy

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #17 on: 28 January 2016, 11:55:23 »
The Goliath is a quad, why would it have no/minimal arms? It walks on them!
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #18 on: 28 January 2016, 12:47:28 »
The Goliath is a quad, why would it have no/minimal arms? It walks on them!

Someone had to break it to him...  they don't count!

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #19 on: 31 January 2016, 12:08:32 »
I messed with some of the 'Mechs and Vehicles... I think I might be done with 3025...

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
Re: Alpha Strike 3025 Quirk List
« Reply #20 on: 14 February 2016, 09:54:56 »
Added a PDF up top.   O0

Register