Author Topic: What movies are we watching: B-Movie Blitz  (Read 158436 times)

Luciora

• Major
Re: What movies are we watching: B-Movie Blitz
« Reply #1410 on: 30 August 2020, 16:28:07 »
Or they will do the Warmachine swap.  I don't think they will deep fake something like that.

i would not worry about it disney has it all under control after all the cgi was excellent in last star wars ....riiiiiiight? riiiiight?

Dubble_g

• Lieutenant
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #1411 on: 30 August 2020, 19:06:27 »
Random movie on old UHS Channel, Krull (1983).

Woo man, was that interesting flash from the past. Semi-stale but still interesting film.
Pretty, but story so-so.

Still, love the weapons, cinematic, and fly Clydesdale with flames as they rode.

Yeah, I found Krull on YouTube and sat through the whole thing. High point for me was a young Liam Neeson, with a wonderful beard.

https://one-way-mirror.blogspot.com/2019/04/liveblogging-krull.html
Author, "Inverted" (Shrapnel #4), "Undefeated" (#10), "Reversal of Fortunes" (#13) and "The Alexandria Job" (#15)

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1412 on: 30 August 2020, 23:38:33 »
Just got done watching a classic:

Smokey and the Bandit

I had forgotten how much fun that movie is.

Ruger
I got to see it at the Drive with my Wife (her favorite movie) and the 16 year old who like yeah I'll go.  He totally feel in love with it.
Had to find #2 and even as I warned him #3 which was on tv
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #1413 on: 01 September 2020, 07:24:00 »
Or they will do the Warmachine swap.  I don't think they will deep fake something like that.
I hope they do an actor swap, not a deep fake.  Digital Tarkin in Rogue One was okay-ish for the few scenes.
 It was only a handful of scenes, and the uncanny valley kinda helped.  The weirdness helped sell the fact that a guy who would destroy an entire planet just to tell the rest of the galaxy he can is NOT RIGHT IN THE HEAD, but also, Cushing died in 1994.  Twenty years before Rogue One was made. Using a digital replacement for Chadwick Boseman, in a movie made only a few years after his death feels... I don't know what I feel, but if I were king of Disney for a day, I would say, cast a new actor.
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #1414 on: 01 September 2020, 11:28:37 »
I hope they do an actor swap, not a deep fake.  Digital Tarkin in Rogue One was okay-ish for the few scenes.
 It was only a handful of scenes, and the uncanny valley kinda helped.  The weirdness helped sell the fact that a guy who would destroy an entire planet just to tell the rest of the galaxy he can is NOT RIGHT IN THE HEAD, but also, Cushing died in 1994.  Twenty years before Rogue One was made. Using a digital replacement for Chadwick Boseman, in a movie made only a few years after his death feels... I don't know what I feel, but if I were king of Disney for a day, I would say, cast a new actor.

OR

Just have T’Challa die (off screen or in an explosion or something), and replace him as Black Panther (and as ruler of Wakanda) with Suri.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #1415 on: 01 September 2020, 11:31:44 »
OR

Just have T’Challa die (off screen or in an explosion or something), and replace him as Black Panther (and as ruler of Wakanda) with Suri.

Ruger

^^
This is good, more respectful.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1416 on: 01 September 2020, 14:10:32 »
OR

Ruger

Though how would she become the new panther, as there's no more 'heart shaped herbs', for he to gain power from?
That said, i do agree, replacing him, "Off screen" so to speak, with someone new, to keep the torch going, is more respectful. 
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1417 on: 01 September 2020, 16:24:12 »
I figured that they always intended to reveal that "all the heart-shaped herb" that got destroyed in Black Panther wasn't actually all of it and they had another grove or six hidden away.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1418 on: 02 September 2020, 00:43:41 »
Then why was so much made about nakia sneaking one and only one, out, so T'challa, (if he survived), or M'Baku potentially being given it, if more than that one grove existed?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1419 on: 02 September 2020, 00:49:55 »
Because retcon-induced plot hole.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #1420 on: 02 September 2020, 04:13:13 »
Then why was so much made about nakia sneaking one and only one, out, so T'challa, (if he survived), or M'Baku potentially being given it, if more than that one grove existed?

Maybe the others weren’t known by the royal family at the time? Or maybe seeds were planted in the original garden that hadn’t sprouted yet at the time of the fire. And would not for years. The one that was saved was the only one available at that time to help defeat Killmonger.

Or maybe they bio-engineer a new batch. Wakandan science is pretty good.

Ruger

"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1421 on: 02 September 2020, 10:33:39 »
Watched Bloodshot last night.  It was okay.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1422 on: 02 September 2020, 10:39:43 »
got around to watching the documentary high score
it never got around to really talking about games prior to first cartrage system s and arcade cabinets baer was the man and the person who made  the fore runner that made channel f possible and folks from MIT railroad club were the first ones to make first available vid pc game RCA the american company that made tvs refrigerators and home appliances was first one to make console game with overlays on tv for its gaming system. also they skipped the very first electronic game played on oscilator. also  skipped IBM contribution to gaming even when it was an underground thing in company the documentary made it look as if arcades sprang from nowhere in 1970s. sega has had a very intersting contribution to history and it is mentioned as a cabinet arcade maker and console makers.
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1423 on: 02 September 2020, 19:38:11 »
ok oldie but goodie
collossus the forbin project...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1424 on: 06 September 2020, 22:03:12 »
 my neighbor dropped by with a 6 pack of pepsi and pizza and double feature the whole nine yards and the whole ten yards...forgot how funny it was in off beat way i did not know she knew i enjoyed those two lol

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1425 on: 06 September 2020, 23:20:09 »
Surprisingly, though i've loved most everything willis has been in, BOTH of those films i never really liked.. 

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1426 on: 07 September 2020, 00:14:45 »
Surprisingly, though i've loved most everything willis has been in, BOTH of those films i never really liked..
my humor runs more toward dark and british with dry that could remove skin ....think of early atkinson and berrie along with pre python cast

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1427 on: 07 September 2020, 01:17:10 »
my neighbor dropped by with a 6 pack of pepsi and pizza and double feature the whole nine yards and the whole ten yards...forgot how funny it was in off beat way i did not know she knew i enjoyed those two lol

Date night?

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1428 on: 07 September 2020, 10:36:05 »
Date night?
nah...just old friends from highschool and junior high getting away from our families...and  most important bitch groan and moan  about them with no judgments like old friends

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1429 on: 07 September 2020, 16:44:00 »
The Blob.

Cornstarch anyone?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1430 on: 08 September 2020, 00:10:45 »
Doing a wesley snipes fest this Labor day.  Started with The art o war, then Murder at 1600...

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #1431 on: 09 September 2020, 19:01:27 »
Constantine (2005). I have to say, it is one of the best roles I have seen keanu reaves play. I have no idea about the original comics, so I am judging it from the movies alone

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1432 on: 09 September 2020, 19:06:33 »
It's almost, but not quite, completely unlike the comic book.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #1433 on: 09 September 2020, 19:34:47 »
Constantine (2005). I have to say, it is one of the best roles I have seen keanu reaves play. I have no idea about the original comics, so I am judging it from the movies alone

As an adaptation of the comic, it's terrible. Taken simply as a movie, it is excellent, save for Shia LaBeouf being cast.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1434 on: 10 September 2020, 01:33:47 »

Even with Lebuf in it, i liked it as a film.  Never even heard of it being a comic, before the film came out, so couldn't compare it to the comics..

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1435 on: 10 September 2020, 02:21:53 »
The big issues are that Constantine is British, not American, and he's playing the various demons in Hell off each other rather than trying to get into Heaven.

But the best Constantine in film is this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8HixoIEftg

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1436 on: 10 September 2020, 10:26:16 »
comics are hellblazer they are pretty good there was a animated movie when constaine heads out to LA and there was short lived tv series which because it was good got canned

Dubble_g

• Lieutenant
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #1437 on: 11 September 2020, 02:31:26 »
Not sure if this counts, but I found the original 6-part 1978 Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy teleplays on YouTube (the first-ever version, predating the movie, the TV show and even the books). I'd forgotten about the hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional mice, and had a good giggle.
Author, "Inverted" (Shrapnel #4), "Undefeated" (#10), "Reversal of Fortunes" (#13) and "The Alexandria Job" (#15)

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1438 on: 11 September 2020, 08:11:53 »
Not sure if this counts, but I found the original 6-part 1978 Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy teleplays on YouTube (the first-ever version, predating the movie, the TV show and even the books). I'd forgotten about the hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional mice, and had a good giggle.
and yes they were way better than the movie

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1439 on: 11 September 2020, 14:48:38 »
Not a movie but watching Cobra Kai, its pretty darn good, way better then you think it should be.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Register