Author Topic: I am Iron Man  (Read 23429 times)

Dreadpool

• Master Sergeant
I am Iron Man
« on: 18 April 2022, 20:05:45 »
Aftermath of The Battle of Earth
The Avengers Compound, Upstate New York
April 26th, 2023

"and I am Iron Man..."

'SNAP'

With this selfless gesture, Tony Stark ends the Battle for Earth.

Instead of dying, Fate, it seems, has something else in store for the Invincible Iron Man

New Avalon Institute of Science
College of Biology & Medicine
February 7th, 3028

"Dr. Stewart, we're getting some strange readings on the sensors; they're like nothing we've ever seen before."

"Alright, I'll be there shortly."

Dr. Charles Stewart, NAIS, is head of a project commissioned by First Prince Hanse Davion; the purpose of this project being to crack the secrets of HPG technology and, in so doing, break Comstar's monopoly on interstellar communications. Unbeknownst to Dr. Stewart and his colleagues, the experiment is about to have certain unforeseen complications.

Just as Dr. Stewart arrives on site, the building housing the experimental apparatus begins to shake with all the force of a moderate earthquake. Then, seemingly from out of nowhere, a globe of energy comes into existence that resembles an event horizon; from this globe, arcs of electrical energy span off in all directions. A few seconds later, the phenomenon vanishes. In its wake stands a man-sized figure clad in gleaming crimson & silver armor.

As Dr. Stewart and his colleagues look on in utter amazement, the armor's faceplate opens up and the man within begins to speak.

"Who are you? Where are the others? How the hell did I get here?

cawest

• Captain
Re: I am Iron Man
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2022, 20:09:48 »
it would have been funny if tony was dropped in naked like the Terminators

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2022, 20:38:19 »
It's funny enough I'm IN!  :thumbsup:

Dreadpool

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2022, 20:39:14 »
For purposes of the TL, the Snap didn't kill Tony Stark; it brought him to the Battletech Universe.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2022, 20:40:56 »
Ping.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Dreadpool

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2022, 20:43:13 »
It's funny enough I'm IN!  :thumbsup:

I'm glad you liked it.

Here, we have Tony Stark at the height of his technological progress. The Mark 85 armor is INSANELY durable, capable of going toe-to-toe with beings that are literally gods. It's got FRIDAY (an AGI superintelligence) and the combat power of a heavy ASF.
« Last Edit: 19 April 2022, 07:55:56 by Dreadpool »

Dreadpool

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 18 April 2022, 20:44:44 »
Ping.

One ping only?

<gratuitous 'Hunt for Red October' reference...>

Dreadpool

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2022, 21:00:31 »
it would have been funny if tony was dropped in naked like the Terminators
It wouldn't have mattered if he did, because the Mark 85 suit is part of Stark's body.

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #8 on: 18 April 2022, 21:05:22 »
Another situation like A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, except the Connecticut Yankee is Tony freakin' Stark  ;D
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Dreadpool

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 18 April 2022, 21:10:02 »
Another situation like A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, except the Connecticut Yankee is Tony freakin' Stark  ;D
That's exactly the situation I had in mind.

Oh to be a fly on the wally when Comstar gets word of what happened.

Stark's going to be like "hold my beer..."

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2022, 22:34:40 »
I imagine the impact to the REST of the setting too.  Iron Man present at even ONE of the major battles of the 4th Succession war, or iron-man derived tech versus the Clans?
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Dreadpool

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 18 April 2022, 22:53:24 »
I imagine the impact to the REST of the setting too.  Iron Man present at even ONE of the major battles of the 4th Succession war, or iron-man derived tech versus the Clans?
Both, actually.

The prospect of mechs and tanks protected by IM-grade armor and powered by Arc reactors, Jericho-type LRMs & Arrow IVs plus all the other goodies fairly boggles the mind.

Stark's actions against the Chitauri invasion force coming through the gate above Manhattan come to mind; he absolutely tore that bunch several new orifices...
« Last Edit: 19 April 2022, 01:12:53 by Dreadpool »

Kujo

• Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 18 April 2022, 23:52:51 »
Stark "Hanse, can I call you Hanse"

Hanse with an amused smirk "sure, easier then First Prince or highness"

Stark "you do your political things and let Ben and I handle the tech, We'll bring the six Liberties to the sphere as a whole, oh do you have any issues with me dealing with some of the nastier foes, cause as Iron Man I like to defend the innocent at my pleasure, and I do like to pleasure myself often"

Ardan just shakes his head "My liege..."

Hanse laughing holds up his hand "Ardan see what Tony, you mind if I call you Tony"

Stark smiles and offers his hand "not at all Hanse"

Hanse chuckles and continues "Ardan see what Tony needs, Ben you have any objections"

Benjamin Banzai shakes his head "Tony has a great sense of science and music, he also seems to have good tactical sense.  We can work well together"  Banzai knows Tony will have a ego problem from time to time but he and Prince Davion should be able to handle it.

As Davion and Stark shake hands Tony nods "well highness I believe this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship and a profitable partnership!"  Hanse Nods "once we have fixed things here..."

"I could use the help with some of your RCTs!  Would love to upstage Captain America and the other Avengers when we are dealing Thantos! Though first we have deal with your 'Mandarin' problem!"
For the FEDCOM For the Archon-Prince

Dreadpool

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 19 April 2022, 01:11:54 »
Stark "Hanse, can I call you Hanse?" With with an amused smirk, Hanse replies "sure, easier then First Prince or highness"

Stark "you do the political thingy and let Dr. Banzai and I handle the tech side of the equation,  and we'll bring the six Liberties to the sphere as a whole. By the way, do you have any issues with me dealing with some of the nastier foes? you see, as Iron Man, I defend the innocent at the pleasure of myself; if there's one thing that I've proven time and again, it's that I can be counted on to pleasure myself."

Ardan Sortek just shakes his head "My liege..."

As he rumbles with laughter, the First Prince holds out his hand "Ardan, see what; Tony, you mind if I call you Tony?"

Stark grins by way of reply and offers his hand "not at all."

Hanse chuckles again and continues "Ardan, see what Tony needs. Dr. Banzai, do you have any objections?"

Banzai shakes his head "Tony's got a great sense of the sciences, and he also seems to have good tactical sense;  we can work well together"  From their brief discussion, he knows Tony has a ego the size of Ceres but he and the First Prince should be able to handle it.

As Hanse Davion and Stark shake hands, Tony nods "well highness, I believe this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship and a profitable partnership!"  Hanse nods "once we've fixed things here..."

"I could use the help of some of your RCTs; would love to upstage Captain America and the other Avengers, the way I did when we dealt with Thanos. First, however, we have deal with your Comstar problem; I'll begin by hacking whatever passes for their operating system..."

I did a few edits to make this section flow more logically

Korzon77

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 19 April 2022, 01:55:08 »
Ntoe one problem--tony is very, VERY hostile to the idea of giving his tech out and making weapons. He was hostile on earth and... Earth didn't depopulate entire worlds. I doubt Tony is interested at all in giving the successor lords any new toys to kill entire populations with.

Dreadpool

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 19 April 2022, 03:08:00 »
Ntoe one problem--tony is very, VERY hostile to the idea of giving his tech out and making weapons. He was hostile on earth and... Earth didn't depopulate entire worlds. I doubt Tony is interested at all in giving the successor lords any new toys to kill entire populations with.
He was that, in the Avengers timeline.

ITTL, I view Stark as doing his best to calm things down. After all, he's got absolute technological superiority over the entire Inner Sphere

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: 19 April 2022, 03:09:43 »
More information please
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #17 on: 19 April 2022, 06:27:37 »

Was his weapons business still running while he was off playing superhero?  That's what I thought anyway.  Then he can keep the suit to himself.  He'll just have to fight all the intel organizations of the Inner Sphere to keep it to himself.  And he's going to have to do that from the ground up because his home, though blown up, is a thousand years in the past...  Unless he still has a portion of his buried complex still intact on Terra...  But what are the chances of Comstar already having ransacked the place?  Maybe they forgot about it and his compound is effectively lostech.
BATTLEMASTER

Lupuseverto

• Private
« Reply #18 on: 19 April 2022, 07:19:07 »
Was his weapons business still running while he was off playing superhero?  That's what I thought anyway.  Then he can keep the suit to himself.  He'll just have to fight all the intel organizations of the Inner Sphere to keep it to himself.  And he's going to have to do that from the ground up because his home, though blown up, is a thousand years in the past...  Unless he still has a portion of his buried complex still intact on Terra...  But what are the chances of Comstar already having ransacked the place?  Maybe they forgot about it and his compound is effectively lostech.
Remember in the mcu the first thing he does after  getting home is call a press conference  to stop his companies weapons  production.

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #19 on: 19 April 2022, 07:38:01 »
Remember in the mcu the first thing he does after  getting home is call a press conference  to stop his companies weapons  production.

I forgot about that - thanks :)

With that in mind I can see him getting a history of the BTU - from Hanse's point of view, and being suspicious as he learns more.  Then he'd probably go out and find people to make Avengers 3025 or something and basically try to stop all the wars.

He'll also be dealing with some internal stuff like where his family ended up after he was warped a thousand years into the future.  Maybe he has living relatives?  Maybe they were killed in the Amaris Coup?  Perhaps they ended up with the SLDF-In-Exile and are actually with the Clans.  Now THAT would be an interesting story  :D
BATTLEMASTER

Dreadpool

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 19 April 2022, 07:54:45 »
I forgot about that - thanks :)

With that in mind I can see him getting a history of the BTU - from Hanse's point of view, and being suspicious as he learns more.  Then he'd probably go out and find people to make Avengers 3025 or something and basically try to stop all the wars.

He'll also be dealing with some internal stuff like where his family ended up after he was warped a thousand years into the future.  Maybe he has living relatives?  Maybe they were killed in the Amaris Coup?  Perhaps they ended up with the SLDF-In-Exile and are actually with the Clans.  Now THAT would be an interesting story  :D

The Earth that Tony Stark Came from and the Earth of the Battletech Universe are two entirely different things. Marvel Earth is assumed to be our Earth, but where certainly areas of technology are vastly advanced of our own. One of the major PODs is that Gordon Moore was never born; another is that on BT-Earth, superheroes were the stuff of fiction.

By authorial fiat, I'll state that the Battletech game existed on Marvel Earth; in which case FRIDAY would have knowledge of it. 

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #21 on: 19 April 2022, 08:19:47 »
The Earth that Tony Stark Came from and the Earth of the Battletech Universe are two entirely different things. Marvel Earth is assumed to be our Earth, but where certainly areas of technology are vastly advanced of our own. One of the major PODs is that Gordon Moore was never born; another is that on BT-Earth, superheroes were the stuff of fiction.

By authorial fiat, I'll state that the Battletech game existed on Marvel Earth; in which case FRIDAY would have knowledge of it.

Thanks for clarifying!  Though I liked the idea of Stark starting the Scientist Rebellion in the Clan Homeworlds before the Clan Invasion in the OTL  ;D

I look forward to seeing more of your story :)
BATTLEMASTER

Dreadpool

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: 19 April 2022, 11:38:07 »
Thanks for clarifying!  Though I liked the idea of Stark starting the Scientist Rebellion in the Clan Homeworlds before the Clan Invasion in the OTL  ;D

I look forward to seeing more of your story :)
I'm glad you liked it and i will endeavor to persevere.

The idea of a Hulkbuster suit tearing through Clan Elementals bringeth a smile to my face, as does an IM exosuit the size of an AS7-D Atlas.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #23 on: 19 April 2022, 14:43:57 »
The other fun is using Friday to help build up an AGI-controlled construction facility.  Developing Water Filtration tech, Dropship and Jumpship production lines, early Star League Fusion plant tech for planets that need aid, all sorts of compact schooling setups, etc.  All non-military items, but the sorts of items that will jump-start a nation's economy.  Instead of Liz & Kowloon having to take time to train people to do the jobs needed to bootstrap, Friday just has to build the tools to let her build the stuff that is wanted.  Hope Hanse has a spare planet handy that Friday can turn into an Industrial World.

And if Tony feels the need for a weapons industry, Hanse will find that the Valkyrie plant on New Avalon producing 130 Valkyries per year will be small compared to Tony building a Willow Run style factory that produces a Mech every hour and has already had all the bugs worked out of the design.

I'm glad you liked it and i will endeavor to persevere.

The idea of a Hulkbuster suit tearing through Clan Elementals bringeth a smile to my face, as does an IM exosuit the size of an AS7-D Atlas.

Even better, a Veronica setup so if part of the armor is damaged then fresh armor/equipment is deployed to replace.  Or if a different setup would be needed then Tony can toss back the less effective weaponry/gear and Veronica will replace it within a matter of seconds.

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #24 on: 19 April 2022, 16:06:49 »
Tag!
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Artifex

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #25 on: 19 April 2022, 17:20:03 »
Wait ... oh ... I've not seen the other Avengers movies so ... at the point where he snaps Thanos's gauntlet, he's got FRIDAY as his personal AI Assistant as opposed to JARVIS who is now Mr. Vision at that point?

OK, still, even with FRIDAY he's got way more tech knowledge in his mind than even ComStar and the StarLeague at it's highest peak.

Looking forwards to the next steps.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #26 on: 19 April 2022, 18:01:23 »
Wait ... oh ... I've not seen the other Avengers movies so ... at the point where he snaps Thanos's gauntlet, he's got FRIDAY as his personal AI Assistant as opposed to JARVIS who is now Mr. Vision at that point?

OK, still, even with FRIDAY he's got way more tech knowledge in his mind than even ComStar and the StarLeague at it's highest peak.

Looking forwards to the next steps.

He may not have the tech knowledge, but through FRIDAY Tony will have the advantage of being able to rapidly expand his R&D capability if he has access to sufficient computer power.  From there, build a few autolabs and begin with the science.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #27 on: 20 April 2022, 19:53:05 »
1 ping only.   8)

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

wolfgar

• Captain
  • Wolfson's Heavy Raiders: 3058-3092
« Reply #28 on: 20 April 2022, 20:42:49 »
The thing is that as of "Avengers" he still has Jarvis as his AI, Jarvis doesn't become Vision until during Age of Ultron
Wolf wins every fight but one, and in that one he dies, his fangs locked on the throat of his opponent.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #29 on: 20 April 2022, 20:52:46 »
Yeah, but this is Endgame Tony Stark with an Infinity Gauntlet.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"