Author Topic: Danger Everywhere  (Read 9115 times)

2ndAcr

• Captain
Danger Everywhere
« on: 20 November 2023, 19:28:58 »
12 March 3050
System 118756

Major William Mitchell, Commander 2nd Battalion, 2nd Oberon Guards, inhaled the foul stench aboard the ancient Invader Jumpship, but it was better than the smell on his Overlord Dropship whose air scrubbers had given up any effort of removing smells. It had been a long 8 months since leaving Placida to raid Dichell and then Paran and Vannes on the way back home. Along with his own Battalion, he had a Company of Infantry from the Sigurd Guards onboard a just as old Fury Dropship. He knew he had been given the mission as punishment, along with his people, for always protesting the bad treatment of the people they protected. The third collar was taken by a beaten up Mule Dropship which carried their booty of food, Agromechs and confiscated trucks. He continued making his way to the Jumpships bridge while his mind thought of fresh air, warm shower and most of all gravity.

Entering the Invader's bridge, he called out to Captain Felicia Graves. "Felicia, please tell me we are ready for the final jump."

Captain Felicia Graves slowly turned to face him. "Will, what are you doing up here? You should be belted in for the jump."

"I could not take the stench any longer. I swear they assigned me the worst damned Dropship in the Oberon Fleet for this mission." Major William Mitchell replied

"Well, you will be glad to know we just triple checked everything and we are set for the 5 minute countdown. Get strapped in that empty couch and ride it out up here." Captain Felicia Graves said pointing to an empty spot on the bridge.

Major William Mitchell did as instructed as the 5 minute jump warning sounded. Once firmly strapped in, he smiled as the thought of some relaxation after months away.

12 March 3050
Placida, Oberon Confederation

The ancient Invader Jumpship materialized at the Nadir Jump Point and immediately proximity alarms sounded on the bridge startling everyone. Captain Felicia Graves began giving orders as the sensors began coming back online. "Invader Jumpship 1,300 kilometers starboard. I do not recognize the transponder. We are being hailed."

"Unidentified vessel this is Clan Wolf Jumpship Excellence, state your intentions."

"Who the hell is Clan Wolf? And what are our intentions?" Captain Felicia Graves asked and then "Another transponder just lit off moving at speed from close orbit of Placida. Not sure what it is but it's increasing speed. CWS Arms Reach."

Unstrapping from the couch, Major William Mitchell replied "Half the weapons on these Dropships don't even work. So fighting any sort of space battle is out. I vote we take that damned Jumpship and get the hell out of dodge as quick as we can."

"You better move quick then. No telling if that Invader is ready to jump or not, but it's sail is still deployed so probably not." Captain Felicia Graves said as she start shouting orders to unfurl the sail for recharge. Luckily, Placida was 21 days at 1g thrust to where they were. But that CWS Arms Reach was pushing 2.5g by her computers calculations.

"Tell the Fury to detach and make for that Invader. Load tranq guns. Once we are away from here, we can question them and maybe get some answers. You might want to prepare to abandon this ship and move over there." Major William Mitchell said

"Do I respond to that hail?" Captain Felicia Graves asked

"Sure, why not. Tell them we plan to take their ride away from them and make them prisoners. The Fury should be there in no time." Major William Mitchell replied as he exited the bridge and headed for his own Overlord.

The emergency detachment and hard boost for the unknown Jumpship caught Captain Marcus Wright by surprise. But he could almost read Major Mitchell's mind and quickly figured out what was what. "Load up the tranqs. Dart anyone who even looks hostile or does not obey a command. We all hate zero g crap, but we have done it before."

Once the Fury had docked with the unknown Invader, they were surprised when the hatch opened. On the other side was the biggest woman he had ever seen. She grabbed his lead man and with hardly no effort snapped his neck. "Sweet jesus!!!!" He yelled as he put 8 tranq darts into the hulking woman and she still managed to sling another of his men into the bulkhead hard enough to break bones. As his people pushed their way into the Jumpship, they faced several more big assed people, only they were using live ammo. He lost 17 more people before his enemy were covered in tranq darts and silently floating in the attached cargo bay.

"Second Platoon, take engineering. First Platoon secure this cargo bay and our ride, get those prisoners secured. Tightly. Third Platoon follow me to the bridge." Captain Marcus Wright ordered

It took 30 minutes to secure the Invader Jumpship. They lost another 19 men to whoever the giants were. But they now had ten of the hulking people tightly secured with cargo rachet straps in the cargo bay. "Ship secure Major, but damned if it was easy. The Captain is still awake and says we won the Trial of Possession. Wants to know who they now serve. What do I tell him?" Captain Marcus Wright said over the radio

"First ask him how ready they are to jump." Captain Felicia Graves cut in

Captain Marcus Wright asked and got an answer quick. "Says they just need to furl the sail. But your going to need to crew this ship, his people are going to be out for 8 hours at least."

"That settles it. We are all moving over there quickly." Captain Felicia Graves replied

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Danger Everywhere
« Reply #1 on: 20 November 2023, 19:43:35 »
Cool!  A new one!  I look forward to seeing where this one goes! :)

EAGLE 7

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 20 November 2023, 19:43:59 »
 Ace is back,
 Mitchell is back back again.
Ping
      Ping
“ My Clan honor is bigger than your Dragon honor, and comes in 18 clan flavors.”

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 20 November 2023, 22:00:14 »
13 March 3050
System 119628

The jump from Placida had gone smoothly and the decision had been made to get a good night sleep before questioning their prisoners. Major William Mitchell had enjoyed the clean fresh smell aboard CWS Excellence and his rest had been quite refreshing. The units medics looked after their wounded and monitored the prisoners until they began to awaken. He decided to eat breakfast before starting the questioning.

Point Commander Trisha was still groggy from the massive doses of sedative she had been shot with but slowly the fog cleared. She could see Star Captain Branden walking towards her while pausing every now and then to check on one of his crew. "Point Commander Trisha you are awake and not still under the effects, Quiaff?" Star Captain Branden asked

"Aff, I am awake." Point Commander Trisha replied as she stuggled to move.

"Your bonds should tell you that we lost the Trial. Currently, we are prisoners." Star Captain Branden said

Point Commander Trisha quite struggling against the cargo straps binding her arms and legs as the shame of defeat washed over her. "Prisoner? Not Bondsman?"

"Neg, not Bondsmen. They do not know our ways, not Clan. The commander identified himself as a Major of the 2nd Oberon Guards." Star Captain Branden said

"My wounds?" Point Commander Trisha asked

"Bruises. They used tranqulizers. One of my crew died from overdose before their medical people could counter it, but they tried. That was our only true casualty. Your warriors fought hard, taking 36 of theirs and wounding another 22." Star Captain Branden said

"Then they outfought us if they were using non lethal." Point Commander Trisha replied

"Mainly sheer numbers Point Commander. There was too many of them to counter. I will see about getting you untied. For now, we abide by the Trial and conduct ourselves with honor. Quiaff." Star Captain Branden said

"Aff Star Captain." Point Commander Trisha replied

Two hours later, Star Captain Branden was in front of Major William Mitchell in what had been his own quarters. "You may sit." Major Michell said

Star Captain Branden sat in one of the small fold down chairs facing Major Mitchell but remained silent.

"My name is Major William Mitchell, in case you forgot. I did not get your name?" Major Mitchell said

"Star Captain Branden."

"Thats it? Just a rank and first name?" Major Mitchell asked

"No member of this ships complement has won a Bloodname." Star Captain Branden replied

He had no clue what a Bloodname was, but let it pass, he was after different information right now. "Okay Star Captain. What is Clan Wolf and who do you serve?" Major Mitchell asked

"Clan Wolf is the premier Clan. I served Clan Wolf but you won the Trial of Possession. Normally, if another Clan were to win, I would serve them. Now, I do not know." Star Captain Branden replied

"You would serve the winner? You would switch sides that easily?" Major Mitchell asked

"It is the Clan way. I would be made a Bondsman and after I had proven myself then I would be accepted among them." Star Captain Branden stated

"That's just crazy. No way would I trust a Drac or Cappie. Ever." Major Mitchell paused when a knock interrupted. "Enter."

Captain Felicia Graves entered the small office/room. She nodded as she sat on the small bed. Major Mitchell introduced her to Star Captain Branden. "This is Captain Felcia Graves, she is currently in command of this Jumpship."

Both saw the visible flinch from Star Captain Branden at those words. "I have to commend you on this ship. It is very well maintained and cleaner than any I have seen." Captain Graves said

"It would be dishonorable to have a ship in poor condition." Star Captain Branden replied

"The Star Captain here was telling me how if we were, what is it, Clan, how he would be some sort of Bondsman to the winner of the Trial. How he would serve them until he earned their trust and then be accepted by them." Major Mitchell explained

"Really, well if you want to test that, put them to work fixing the scrubber on your Overlord. The stink is starting to foul this ship. Lord knows your Dropship crew can't fix it and I am loathe to order my people onto that nasty Dropship." Captain Felicia Graves said

"Hmmph. How about it Star Captain Branden? Think your people could fix that air scrubber?" Major Mitchell asked

"I would like to have Point Commander Trisha and her warriors released from their shackles. The have muscle I might need." Star Captain Branden replied

"Those giants? I don't know about that. They did a lot of damage." Major Mitchell replied

"On my honor, they will be no trouble." Star Captain Branden replied

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 20 November 2023, 22:05:24 »
nice new story!  looking forward to this!

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 21 November 2023, 14:30:55 »
Nice !!!

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 21 November 2023, 20:50:12 »
14 March 3050
System 119628

"Stravag!!!!" Warrior Dolph cursed as the worst stench he had ever smelled hit him like a sledgehammer and almost made him retch. He stepped aside so that the former Clan engineers could pass by and try to get the air scrubber back online. What he assumed were the Overlord engineers directing the former Clan engineers to where the equipment was located. He took the time to look around at the gathered Spheroids and he could easily pick out the "warriors" from the lower caste. His eyes easily noted that while everyone was dressed the same and sported side arms, the "warriors" walked with a confidence in the way they wore their weapons. He nudged one of his Point mates and thrust his chin towards the cradled Battlemechs. "Worse equipment than we would give solahma troops."

"Locusts, Wasps and Stingers. They look old and worn out." Warrior Cheka replied

A voice behind them said "They are worn out and old. But they are all fully functional."

Both Warrior Dolph and Warrior Cheka turned to see Major William Mitchell standing behind them with Star Captain Branden. They both bowed their heads slightly expecting some sort of punishment, be it verbal or physical. But both were surprised when neither came. If the roles were reversed and a "prisoner" had done as they, they would not have hesitated to punish the infraction.

Major William Mitchell read the looks and said "Relax, you just stated the truth. No harm in doing that. I would love for my people to have the best equipment, but I lack that ability to make it happen."

Star Captain Branden spoke next "Warrior Dolph, Cheka, I think it is time for both of you to join the engineers and assist them." Both nodded but also noted the Star Captains eyes and it said they could expect a chewing out later.

Major Mitchell tapped Star Captain Branden on the arm and gestured they leave the Dropship. A couple of reasons, they were just in the way and he did not want to spend another second in the stench. Once back inside the Jumpship and the door sealed, Major Mitchell said "Tell me more about your culture, Clan Wolf and their customs."

15 March 3050

"We were able to restore the Dropships air scrubber. It will take many days to remove the odor. It would be quicker to lock everything down and just vent the interior to vacuum and then restore atmosphere. It would at least kill all the odor producing bacteria." Tech Raines said

"That would consume most of our available water to do so." Star Captain Branden replied

"It would Star Captain. There is a asteroid belt in this system. We could locate one of ice and bring it back aboard." Tech Raines said

"We do not have the mining equipment nor proper EVA suits for that sort of task." Star Captain Branden replied

"Aff, we do not, but we do have two points of Battle Armor. They can accomplish the task." Tech Raines said

"What are Battle Armor?" Major Mitchell asked

"It is what Point Commander Trisha and her people wear into battle. They are in the cargo bay inside transport containers." Star Captain Branden said

"Show me." Major Mitchell replied

They located Point Commander Trisha and had her open up the container holding her suit of Battle Armor. Major Mitchell looked at the large humanoid suit. "Is it armed?"

"It is battle ready. Battle Caw left hand, Anti Personnel mount left arm, Small Laser on right arm, twin short range missile launcher with two reloads. Ninety meter jump range and max speed of 10.8 kilometers per hour." Point Commander Trisha replied 

"You wear one of these into battle?" Major Mitchell asked

"Aff." Point Commander Trisha replied

"Seems suicidal." Major Mitchell said

"I would gladly battle one of your Battlemechs solo." Point Commander Trisha baited

"Can they be disarmed?" Major Mitchell asked

"Aff, the weapons can be removed." Point Commander Trisha replied

"Then make it happen. We still have a few days recharging and if it speeds up getting rid of that smell all the better." Major Mitchell said

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #7 on: 22 November 2023, 18:13:36 »
Nice! "Bonded" wolvies servinf the oberons. Nice.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 22 November 2023, 18:20:23 »
17 March 3050
System 119628

It had never occurred to Major William Mitchell that even unarmed, the Elementals now inside their suits could overpower his people with no problems at all. But now watching them board the Dropshuttle for the ride to where they had located a ice body in the asteroid belt, the thought suddenly sent a shiver down his spine. A suit stopped in front of him.

"If we had the time to suit up, you would not have won your Trial of Possession Major Mitchell. But we have all given our word as our bond, so if you are suddenly realizing that fact, we will not break our bond." The voice of Point Commander Trisha said from external speakers.

"That is still to be seen Commander Trisha. I can only hope that what you say is true." Major Mitchell replied and watched as she boarded the Dropshuttle and the hatch closed.

He waved over Captain Felicia Graves "Felicia, we have explosives aboard. Have your engineers find locations where we can safely deny this vessel to someone. Or at least deny them it easily. But also where WE can repair the damage."

"Trouble?" Captain Felicia Graves asked

"Not yet, but I want an ace up our sleeve just in case." Major Mitchell replied

19 March 3050

"Seventy, one cubic meter squares. Just over 70 tons of ice. Where do we put it?" Point Commander Trisha asked

"We have a 30,000 gallon water tank on our Mule Dropship. It is probably under a quarter full right now. Is it going to be enough?" Major Mitchell said

Engineer Tech Raines did some fast math, "Probably not, we might want to empty that tank and then refill it to be on the safe side. Hydrogen will be created also so we can refill our fuel tanks and the Dropships."

"I did not think about that. Good work Tech Raines. Commander Trisha, up for another run or two when we need it?" Major Mitchell said

"Aff. We can do it." Point Commander Trisha replied

"Aff means yes, correct?" Major Mitchell asked

"Aff, I mean yes." Point Commander Trisha replied

"Good, get some food and a decent rest. Thank you and thank your people for me. Good work out there." Major Mitchell said

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #9 on: 22 November 2023, 18:26:37 »
70 cubic meters of ice would be a bit less than 70 tons of water... ;)

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 22 November 2023, 18:30:47 »
70 cubic meters of ice would be a bit less than 70 tons of water... ;)

Beat me to it, Daryk

Also Gallons!

Barbarians

Anyway keep it up 2ndAcr, loving it thus far

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 22 November 2023, 18:48:02 »
 8 lbs to the gallon, a cubic meter of water is 919kg or 2026 lbs. By math anyway. Roughly 17,400 gallons.

Now figure out how much Oxygen can be extracted from that much water and Hydrogen. Cause I am not even going to make the attempt. Hand wave incoming.
« Last Edit: 22 November 2023, 18:50:27 by 2ndAcr »

Gorgon

• Warrant Officer
  • The little duchy that could
« Reply #12 on: 22 November 2023, 19:11:14 »
8 lbs to the gallon, a cubic meter of water is 919kg or 2026 lbs. By math anyway. Roughly 17,400 gallons.

Now figure out how much Oxygen can be extracted from that much water and Hydrogen. Cause I am not even going to make the attempt. Hand wave incoming.

By weight, water is made up of ~89% oxygen and 11% hydrogen, so one ton of ice will get you 818 kg oxygen and 101 kg hydrogen.  :wink:
Jude Melancon lives!

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 22 November 2023, 19:16:37 »

You are adding yourself to my list of arch-rival swipers Gorgon, along with Daryk.

Its about 0.89 by mass Oxygen, so 817.9Kg per cube (~25Kmol). 101Kg of H2 (~50.5Kmol). Since they are both gases volume is subject to pressure and temperature. However, you need an inert mixing gas (or you know fire hazard) or for the O2 to be at a low pressure. So hopefully the Clanners mined some Ammonia ice as well that can be split down to N2 (and 3H2, more fusion fuel).

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #14 on: 22 November 2023, 20:05:16 »
A cubic meter of water should be 1,000 kg... assuming it's just water, of course...

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 22 November 2023, 20:13:24 »
A cubic meter of water should be 1,000 kg... assuming it's just water, of course...

Liquid water, Water Ice is different (0.91g/mL).

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #16 on: 22 November 2023, 20:15:25 »
True, but that's not what he said... ;)

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 22 November 2023, 20:21:23 »
She said ;)

Clan Warriors probably didn't get good chemistry training, particularly Elementals. That's Scientist Caste problems.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #18 on: 22 November 2023, 20:23:25 »
Heh, good point! ;D

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 22 November 2023, 20:52:54 »
Pinggety ping pong!
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: 22 November 2023, 20:56:15 »
20 March 3050
System 119628

"We need to figure out what we do once we leave here. Where do we go? We already know the Oberon Confederation is no longer safe for us. Star Captain Branden confirmed that for us. So let's all lay it on the table and come to a decision." Major William Mitchell said to the gathered officers.

"I am not keen on heading to the Federated Commonwealth. I am sure I have charges of desertion waiting for me." Captain Marcus Wright said

"Not sure I want to tangle with any more Clan folks, not yet anyway. I just want to put some solid ground under my feet for a bit. Collect my thoughts." Lieutenant Paul Frazier said

"Anywhere we go, there is a chance of tripping over Clan Wolf or another one. This is a large invasion I have been told by Star Captain Branden. But I agree, some ground time would really be nice. So where do we go?" Major William Mitchell asked

"Has to be fairly close, interstellar close that is. Two month travel at the most. Not until we refresh our air supply, restock on water and all the other stuff. Last Chance and Botany Bay are the closest." Captain Felicia Graves replied

"Both belong to a Clan Jade Falcon. Star Captain Branden told me that Clan Jade Falcon is not as easy going as Clan Wolf. Plus we are trying to avoid tangling with any other Clan troops. How far to Stars End?" Major Mitchell asked

"Almost two months unless we go direct thru the Oberon Confederation via uninhabited systems. I know the route we can take. The Excellence is in great shape but lord knows the Dropships could use a proper flushing out and yard time. Not sure what we will use to pay for it though." Captain Felicia Graves said

Major William Mitchell looked around the table and got nods from the gathered officers. "Very well, Stars End it is. We leave the moment we are sure we have enough water, oxygen and fuel stocked up. We will deal with the payment side once we get there."

Once the meeting had broken up, Major Mitchell went looking for Star Captain Branden who he found sipping a mug of tea on the grav deck. He grabbed a cup and took a seat across from him.

"We will be heading to Stars End from here. Couple months. I need an honest answer, if we trip over a Clan Wolf force, where do you and the former Clan Wolf people stand? I would rather not have to post guards and watch my back." Major Mitchell asked

Star Captain Branden frowned a little before answering. "I am sure that all of us would rather not have to face that possibility. We have given our word and that is our bond. We are no longer Clan Wolf, but they are still part of our blood. Though we are not free of our bonds, we are a part of this command now. I would prefer not facing Clan Wolf in combat."

"Honest answer. Stars End is not a very friendly place, we can easily get into a fight." Major Mitchell said

"I am sure Point Commander Trisha and her warriors would not shy away from a fight if that happens. The shuttle can provide us protection at the jump point. Jessica is a fine pilot and if not Freeborn, she would be in a frontline unit." Star Captain Branden said

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #21 on: 22 November 2023, 21:57:37 »
TAG'd!  Thanks for sharing!!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #22 on: 23 November 2023, 06:03:34 »
Star's End should be interesting! :)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #23 on: 23 November 2023, 09:32:38 »
Locked on!  Nice to see 2ndAcr writing again!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #24 on: 23 November 2023, 10:02:00 »
What forces are in Star's end?

We know the protagonists have:
- 2nd Batallion Oberon guards. No idea on composition; probably 30-ish mechs after the raids
- infantry contingent (batallion?). They lost like a platoon in the assault, so must be numerous to have been able to overpower the enemy under such circumstances.   
- A star(?) of 25(?) elementals,
- 1 or 2 ASF (I think).
- 3 dropships in bad shape.
- 1 jumpship in pristine shape (by IS standards).
- A shuttle? Maybe the "ASF" I listed is really this... No idea.
« Last Edit: 23 November 2023, 10:51:51 by Elmoth »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #25 on: 23 November 2023, 10:35:42 »
And some kind of shuttle, I think...

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #26 on: 23 November 2023, 10:52:18 »
Good catch. Adding it to the list. Maybne the ASF I listed are actually a combat shuttle of some kind.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: 23 November 2023, 10:58:29 »
 Gonna drop this here. I am free writing this one. No clue where this will go, no real thought given to anything past the newest post etc. I am rusty so not ready for a massive "track" the Inner Sphere, massive workload. Though some is just in my nature.

Current TOE of 2nd Oberon

36 Battlemechs (1 Thunderbolt, bunch of bugs and mediums)
 3 Platoons of dirty grunts rifle (was four but they lost 1 taking the Jumpship)
 10 Elementals (2 Points)
 1 Mark VIIC Shuttle
 1 K-1C Dropshuttle
 1 Overlord Dropship
 1 Fury Dropship
 1 Mule Dropship
 1 Invader Jumpship

All the Oberon folks are "misfits". They don't torture, mistreat for fun etc like normal bandits. So they never fit in with the others and got grouped together and used on long range missions. Does not mean they are not good at what they do, because they are very good. They make large use of Tranqs to avoid inflicting casualties needlessly on raids. If they can "sneak" up on a barracks of militia and tranq all the "enemy" so much the better. They have barrels of the powerful sedatives.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #28 on: 23 November 2023, 11:54:39 »
Is the tech staff separate, or do they dragoon the infantry into helping with maintenance?

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #29 on: 23 November 2023, 12:39:35 »
Actually, the use of tranqs would make a lot of sense in the Inner Sphwre warfare in the 3rd war. Avoid unnecessary loss of life and material. This is why merc life would be popular. D mechsbusing training fire. Pirates (and scrualminvasions, of course) would be the ones relying in live ammo.

It changes the setting, i know, but i think it makes sense in the general narrative. Formclans as well, actually, as they avoid waste.

Register