Author Topic: Proof of Concept- cERLL BA  (Read 4907 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Proof of Concept- cERLL BA
« on: 07 February 2023, 16:22:39 »
I have a problem with Excel so I cannot create this BUT . . . working off the Calliope concept in the latest RecGuide . . .

Can a point of heavy BA deploy a Clan ER Large Laser as a Squad based weapon?
Give them a AP weapon Mount, 1 hex of movement at least, and max Mimetic armor . . .

What does the point/suit look like?  Can it be done?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

AlphaMirage

• Major
Re: Proof of Concept- cERLL BA
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2023, 16:40:11 »
I don't believe so, there is no ErLL available for battle armor, best you can do is MPL I think

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2023, 16:48:38 »
It is not available b/c the concept has never happened.  Jellico said squad weapons are 40% of their normal mass, so it would be 1.6 tons to be divided between the 5 suits so . . . 320kgs?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2023, 16:51:36 »
It is not available b/c the concept has never happened.  Jellico said squad weapons are 40% of their normal mass, so it would be 1.6 tons to be divided between the 5 suits so . . . 320kgs?
The big problem is there isn't a slot value for the weapon.

Edit: 320 kg per suit is for a ERML, not a ERLL
« Last Edit: 07 February 2023, 16:54:38 by Maingunnery »
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme & Nebula Confederation

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #4 on: 07 February 2023, 18:03:45 »
No, multiple that by 5 and it weights more than the ERML does standard- 1.6 rather than the 1 ton for a ERML and a waste compared to the .8 of weapon value as a individual weapon.
Colt Ward

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2023, 18:19:10 »

That assumes a Clan ER Large weighs the same 4 tons on a battlesuit as on a mech.  That may not be true.  A Clan ER Medium weighs 800kg on a battlesuit, less than the 1 ton it weighs on a mech.  Without a published figure for the ER Large on a battlesuit, we can only guess.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #6 on: 07 February 2023, 18:25:27 »
TM.p270
" To mount a squad support weapon, each battle armor suit (including exoskeleton and power armor designs) in a given squad must allocate a certain percentage of the largest desired weapon’s weight (including the weight of its ammo) to the squad support mount. This amounts to 50 percent of weapon weight for battle armor with an Inner Sphere technology base, 40 for Clan"

BA ERML (TM.p348) = 800 x 0.4 = 320 kg per suit (see example of the Calliope)
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme & Nebula Confederation

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2023, 21:26:50 »
I was misunderstanding some of Jellico's comments without having the Callisto in front of me but . . .

80% of 4t would be 3200 . . . so x .4 . . . thus 1280 for the weapon weight for each suit.  The slots might actually be more of a problem, as the ERML is 3.
Colt Ward

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 08 February 2023, 02:41:00 »
Most BA weapons weight about 15% of (weapon weight+heat+ammo weight). Going by 15% the cERLL would be 2.4 tons basic weight, 960 kg as a SSW. Slots are a bigger problem, sort of - there doesn't seem to be any rules at all for that...

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #9 on: 08 February 2023, 10:07:12 »
Energy weapons are .8 of the mech-scale weight, missiles and ballistics like MGs or APGR are less.
Colt Ward

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 08 February 2023, 14:55:24 »
Energy weapons are .8 of the mech-scale weight, missiles and ballistics like MGs or APGR are less.
???

ERML: 1 ton -> 800 kg (0.8)
ML: 1 ton -> 500 kg (0.5)
SL: 0.5 ton -> 200 kg (0.4)

However:
ERML + 5xSHS: 6 tons -> 800 kg (0.133)
ML + 3xSHS: 4 ton -> 500 kg (0.125)
SL + 1xSHS: 1.5 ton -> 200 kg (0.133)
MG + 50 rounds: 0.75 tons -> 100 kg (0.133)

Huh... I remembered it being slightly higher. Anyway, I'd say it's pretty clear.

Register