Author Topic: This Month on Tharkad Classic Movies  (Read 87297 times)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: This Month on Tharkad Classic Movies
« Reply #270 on: 26 February 2015, 11:26:28 »
Let's Be Mechwarriors

ErikModi

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #271 on: 26 February 2015, 21:11:38 »
Police Academy X: Urbies on Patrol - What could this one possibly be about?

Teen Timber Wolf - Young wannabe ’Mech jock on the margins of his peer group demands acceptance through superior firepower.

Teen Timber Wolf Too - Prematurely nostalgic rehash of Teen Timber Wolf written by studio owner's nephew during IS Entertainment Guild writers' strike of 3141.

Don't forget Teen Timber Wolf:  The Series.  Made well after most people who'd seen the movies were too old to care about a teen drama featuring a Timber Wolf pilot.  But that doesn't really matter, because it has nothing to do with the movies, and is generally considered far superior.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #272 on: 26 February 2015, 22:10:15 »
Teenage Mutant Temax Cat Ninjabolt - BattleMechs Armor in a half-shell

FrankenMech! - Schwerer Gustav  - Creation of Drunken Techs reeking havoic on the battlefield!

Kleptomaniacs! - The Cranston Snord's Irregulars - Wacky adventures of the craziest scavenge hunters on the Inner Sphere!
« Last Edit: 27 February 2015, 10:43:30 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #273 on: 27 February 2015, 02:05:42 »
Throw Mamma From The Airlock - Documentary; progressive-thinking Periphery Pirates and their take on end-of-life care.

Lyran Graffiti - Overrated and cheeky coming-of-age tale about spoiled, insanely rich teenagers who repeatedly wreck ’Mechs and Aerospace Fighters that they should not even be allowed to look at, let alone pilot in illegal races that would get most common folk thrown into the mines.

Plan Nine From The Kerensky Cluster - Hailed as the Worst Movie of All Time, this film also boasts a cult following the size of large Periphery nations.  FUN FACT!:  This film has never been finished by anyone who started it, though many exaggeratedly claim to watch it at least once per year.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

ErikModi

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #274 on: 27 February 2015, 11:44:13 »
Throw Mamma From The Airlock - Documentary; progressive-thinking Periphery Pirates and their take on end-of-life care.

Lyran Graffiti - Overrated and cheeky coming-of-age tale about spoiled, insanely rich teenagers who repeatedly wreck ’Mechs and Aerospace Fighters that they should not even be allowed to look at, let alone pilot in illegal races that would get most common folk thrown into the mines.

Plan Nine From The Kerensky Cluster - Hailed as the Worst Movie of All Time, this film also boasts a cult following the size of large Periphery nations.  FUN FACT!:  This film has never been finished by anyone who started it, though many exaggeratedly claim to watch it at least once per year.

I really wish there were like buttons for some of these posts :)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #275 on: 27 February 2015, 12:14:27 »
Weekend at Berith's
It Came From Tortuga

WarGod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #276 on: 02 March 2015, 20:16:56 »
Furious:  the epic tale of a clan fury star , during the final days of wars of reaving.
A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested
You're falling through the air in a Grenadier. Style went out the window long before you did.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #277 on: 02 March 2015, 21:16:14 »
Quick Change - Phoenix Hawk LAM pilot finds adaptability to be his strongest weapon and defense while escaping from under the Smoke Jaguars' noses.

The Bad Leftenant - Highly competent Lyran recon lance officer ousted for never using his full allotment of Atlas BattleMechs takes embarrassing revenge on his company commander. 

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking, Over-Heated, Unseen IntroTech Warhammers. - As described in title, except ’Mechs are visible  ;D ^-^ O:-)

« Last Edit: 02 March 2015, 22:26:25 by rebs »

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

WarGod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #278 on: 02 March 2015, 22:04:47 »
Quick Change - Phoenix Hawk LAM pilot finds adaptability to be his strongest weapon and defense while escaping from under the Smoke Jaguars's noses.   that might actually be a good story for the next battlecorps anthology.
You're falling through the air in a Grenadier. Style went out the window long before you did.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #279 on: 02 March 2015, 22:31:53 »
Thanks.  I bumped it to the top because it sounded cool.  O0

And everyone loves Smoke Jaguar stories, whether they know and appreciate it or not.  And it would have to be a Kuritan, or perhaps someone from the doomed FRR for our protagonist.   

I really wish there were like buttons for some of these posts :)

Always better than getting my post reported  ;D
« Last Edit: 02 March 2015, 22:33:24 by rebs »

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #280 on: 02 March 2015, 22:58:37 »
A Few Good Mechwarriors.
Laborers of Honor-A film about a freeborn laborer going through salvage school dominated by washed out trueborns and overcoming great odds.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #281 on: 03 March 2015, 07:11:28 »
*''Crocodile" Dundee on Tyrcoss

*The Evil Dead - Necromo Terrors

*National Lampoon's Operation Oktoberfest
« Last Edit: 04 March 2015, 22:08:37 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

WarGod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #282 on: 04 March 2015, 21:23:03 »
six-string mechwarrior

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #283 on: 05 March 2015, 22:57:36 »
The Mask: Unforgettable Comic Exploits of Kael Pershaw

She Came From Canopus

Home Alone X: Keep Da Change Ya Filthy Frail! - Vacationing dysfunctional family accidentally leaves youngest son home on New Avalon as the Jihad erupts.  Son survives Manei Domini attempt to secure family mansion as command station through creative use of myomer fibers pulling heavy objects like safes, pianos and large pipes out of the walls for comical hijinks.  Family returns eight years later.

« Last Edit: 05 March 2015, 23:04:25 by rebs »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #284 on: 05 March 2015, 23:58:50 »
A Sound of Thunder - Tales of MechWarrior piloting the Thunder battlemech against all odds.

Escape from Planet Terra - Escaping Terra before the grips of Word of Blake completely closed off the planet after their invasion.

Futurama: Into the Wild Stars of the Inner Sphere - Planet Express ship crew ends up completely new universe with the only ship that doesn't need jump sail and week to charge!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #285 on: 14 March 2015, 08:07:09 »
Kelly's MechWarriors - Odd ball arrangement of Mechwarriors from the SLDF 35th Infantry Division and elements of the 6th Armoured Division who join forms temporary mercenary unit after being disillusioned by General Kerensky's call for Exodus.

You'll Never Get Rich - Tale of down on their luck soldiers thinking life as mercenary is way to go make it big.

DropShip that a WarShip - Its end of the 2nd Combine-Dominion War, where Clans and Draconis Combine comes to find out that there was a lot more to to a squadron of Castrum that were sent to bring peace to their private feud.
« Last Edit: 16 March 2015, 06:39:34 by Wrangler »

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #286 on: 16 March 2015, 01:28:43 »
Sphereblazers - Story of a group of humans who, while looking at certain doom/subjigation by an unkknown alien race from the periphery, find an old warship thought destroyed and revamp it into the saviour of mankind.  (show was probably created and released during the early 50s)
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #287 on: 18 March 2015, 12:05:08 »
What up Canopian Cat Girl? - loosely based on ancient 20th century comedy, What up PussyCat?

A Shot in the Dark - The Pink Panthers Mercenary Company Rides Again!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #288 on: 18 March 2015, 20:31:49 »
An UrbanMech Named Desire - Based on a Filtvelt Williams novel

OK, I can't stop laughing enough to finish the description.

edit: I still can't all I could do was fix an obligatory typo.
« Last Edit: 18 March 2015, 20:33:51 by rebs »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #289 on: 19 March 2015, 23:08:18 »
A Shot in the Dark - The Pink Panthers Mercenary Company Rides Again!

Would this be about Ace Darwin's offspring? He had an all pink Panther while commanding the WhipIts.

O:-)
TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #290 on: 20 March 2015, 07:10:05 »
Would this be about Ace Darwin's offspring? He had an all pink Panther while commanding the WhipIts.

O:-)
TT
Magic Eight Ball points "Yes".

Son of the Pink Panther - Ace Darwin's son continues his Reborn WhipIts whip his unit's enemy at every turn.

battletech

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #291 on: 04 April 2015, 15:19:18 »
Mad Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
"Old age and treachery will beat youth and beauty every single time." - Natasha Kerensky

Jochmann

• Private
« Reply #292 on: 04 April 2015, 15:55:52 »
- Dances with Wolves
- Tormano must die
- The Good, the Bad and the Loki
- McClouds Atlas

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #293 on: 04 April 2015, 15:58:21 »
Sound of Battletech

Roar of the Autocannon

Mechwarriors like Us!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #294 on: 18 April 2015, 20:28:22 »
Everything is Awesome! - Lego BattleTech movie, because you never know if it will one day happen.

Capellan Police State Academy: UrbanMechs on Patrol - See title.  Largely a Davion propaganda film cloaked as a factually loose comedy.

The Angry Bones - Revenants of the victims of Kali Liao conspire and aid her many foes across the rimward Inner Sphere in eventually toppling her and her lover, Cameron St. Jamais.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #295 on: 18 April 2015, 20:52:51 »
All my Clan

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #296 on: 19 April 2015, 11:31:56 »
Endangered Species - Nova Cat - Tales of survival, as Draconis Combine seeks revenge for their rebellion in 3140s.

Gunhed Quadvee - Experimental transformable ground tank, that Hell's Horses didn't tell anyone about!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #297 on: 20 May 2015, 09:00:27 »
  • The Year My Parents Went on Vacation the Federated Suns - The Young Adventures of Katrina "Katherine" Steiner-Davion.
  • The Last Prince of Free Rasalhague Republic.
  • Blame It on Fidelis!
  • Rio 3196: A Story of Love and Fury of neo-Blakists - Were Baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
  • The Pentagon Powers Papers - The truth about SLDF-In-Exiles that newborne Clans tried squash!
« Last Edit: 21 May 2015, 06:09:30 by Wrangler »

Taelus

• Private
« Reply #298 on: 22 May 2015, 16:50:58 »
Steiner's have stale popcorn. >:(

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #299 on: 24 August 2015, 05:24:33 »
There's Just Something About Katrina. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall