Author Topic: The Kit Fox project - WIP  (Read 532 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
The Kit Fox project - WIP
« on: 02 March 2024, 23:39:14 »
So, I'm beginning to hit the stops of my painting schedule, waiting on the KS to deliver. Have just about completed a full augumented battalion of 5th McCarron's Armoured Cavalry, barring four Maxims, an Assassin, and an Ostsol; and while I have several partial units I can start work on as well, I decided to pull back to some projects I've been leaving alone for too long.

To wit, the Kit Fox Project. Five MW:DA Kit Foxes, to be accurised, and painted in 5 Jade Falcon Galaxy colours. So today I started cutting, drilling, and gluong - after a little dusting first (these have been sitting around waiting for some time!)

Prime, A, C, E, and R, respectively. Was going to do Prime, A, B, C, and D, but the B is too similar to the A, and the D is just kinda naff. Would have been a lot simpler if WK had moulded arms on their Kit Foxes - as it is, Crimson Hawks have been the primary arm donors. Bits from the supply drawer - notably the Gauss on the A is an arm mount off the DA Marauder II, and the ERPPC on the E from a DA Panther. And yes, slightly lazy doing the R, requiring no mods ;)

Next step - check for accuracy of config, fill gaps, then prime.  More progress as I make it!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: The Kit Fox project - WIP
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2024, 07:04:52 »
 :smilie_happy_thumbup:

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2024, 08:12:54 »
Sweet! :smilie_happy_thumbup:

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2024, 10:38:42 »
They really look like Big Daddy Minions.   :grin:

Nice conversion work!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #4 on: 03 March 2024, 13:10:54 »
Minions with backpacks!  Now I can't unsee it! ;D

Wasteland Warrior

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 06 March 2024, 08:32:22 »
Great mods, and some very nice looking schemes.  Looking forward to the next update.

I hear you on the Merc KS drop too.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #6 on: 11 March 2024, 02:25:20 »
First update! All mods done, bases levelled, minis primed. Got to work out who goes in what colours, and whether I can figure out a dark blue-black for Alpha Galaxy. Blue contrast over a black base, or Nuln Oil over a dark blue base?

* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2024, 02:34:52 »
Okay, been a couple of weeks. And I'll be tied up the next few weeks, so why not post where they are now?

The minis themselves are largely painted; still a few fixups, eg. the SRMs on the R. But here they are:

- Kit Fox Prime in Alpha Galaxy
- Kit Fox C in Delta Galaxy
- Kit Fox E in Gamma
- Kit Fox A in Beta
- Kit Fox R in Vau

Basing will be the next challenge!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2024, 05:45:50 »
Nice paint jobs!  But I still see Minions... ;D

Teejay75

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: 30 March 2024, 21:18:23 »
The Kit Fox has been one of my favorite mechs since I started playing MC2 back in the day. Great job on the conversions!

ISD

• Master Sergeant
    • Project Mumblings
« Reply #10 on: 04 April 2024, 00:48:11 »
Good-looking stuff!
Clan Jade Falcon
Gamma Galaxy
3rd Falcon Talon Cluster