Author Topic: New products coming for Battletech!  (Read 11797 times)

avon1985

• Major
Re: New products coming for Battletech!
« Reply #30 on: 05 February 2011, 21:52:02 »
Same as 3060, reprint of 58U with a new cover.

Thats my only problem if there no new material I will pass until my copy dies.  Now ER 3062 thats a grab ASAP.

Matt.C

• Corporal
  • Davion '25
« Reply #31 on: 06 February 2011, 17:03:58 »
Meh! I would've loved Era Report:3025 Or even 3039. :(

As for the record sheets: Heavy Metal Pro and The Drawing Board and Solaris Skunk Werks pretty much make them all useless to me.
“You know, Todd, when we're alone, and I'm talking out loud... It's kinda for YOUR benefit. I already know the stuff I'm saying.”
-Charlie Davies; Outsourced S01E12 - Sari, Charlie

Hersh67

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 06 February 2011, 22:49:26 »
With the House Sourcebooks free in the download section, why make an era report for that era?

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #33 on: 06 February 2011, 22:57:43 »
Compare the House sourcebooks on the site to faction Handbooks, sometimes noticeable differences events, refined dates and the line. An era report for 3025 would (hopefully) focus more so on the movers and shakers and military highlights than modern handbooks do too

LastChanceCav

• Captain
  • Repossessing the dispossessed ...
« Reply #34 on: 06 February 2011, 23:00:03 »
A new TRO3058 and Era Report 3062 to go along with the Capellan Housebook and Historical Reunificaiton War ... its going to be a good 2011.

Cheers,
LCC
Last Chance Engineering - Bespoke Battlemechs for the refined gentleperson.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #35 on: 06 February 2011, 23:10:59 »
With the House Sourcebooks free in the download section, why make an era report for that era?

Weren't the first round of housebooks plagued with inconsistent information?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #36 on: 06 February 2011, 23:35:37 »
Weren't the first round of housebooks plagued with inconsistent information?

Or at least information that was later contradicted and thus made invalid.

I'll take any era report as long as it was as good as '52.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #37 on: 07 February 2011, 01:40:42 »

What, 3025 era chaos campaign rules, vastly improved character art and Master and Minions style special rules for all the major characters aren't good enough reasons?
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

GBL

• Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: 07 February 2011, 02:15:45 »
1. Every product there looks amazing, and the cover for TRO3058 is particularly awesome.

2. Is this a confirmation that i should stop waiting for the Anniversary Box Set and just place another IWM Order?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #39 on: 07 February 2011, 02:36:19 »
2. Is this a confirmation that i should stop waiting for the Anniversary Box Set and just place another IWM Order?

No. In fact, very recently Randall had a blog post stating that the boxed set is closer to production; he showed off the printer's proofs.

And I should mention, though it'll probably get lost in the chaff, that this edition of Tech Readout: 3058 Upgrade is a reprint. It has a new cover and will be fully rebranded for Catalyst and Topps, and has had errata fixed throughout (and if you have any issues, please visit the errata forum RIGHT NOW and let us know!), but if you already have TR3058U then you do NOT need to purchase this edition; you will not be getting any new information.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

GBL

• Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 07 February 2011, 02:39:14 »
No. In fact, very recently Randall had a blog post stating that the boxed set is closer to production; he showed off the printer's proofs.

I saw that, and it is why i was waiting at all. But i want to get my new group some mechs to start off with, and if its not going to be released until after the second quarter it probably isnt worth the wait.

Matt.C

• Corporal
  • Davion '25
« Reply #41 on: 07 February 2011, 04:13:49 »

Apart from all the wonderful stuff people already said, I also want actual 3025-era support for AtoW, as I don't think I'll ever be playing a campaign that will visit anything before 3005 and after 3057 and will mostly be 3025-3040 centric.
“You know, Todd, when we're alone, and I'm talking out loud... It's kinda for YOUR benefit. I already know the stuff I'm saying.”
-Charlie Davies; Outsourced S01E12 - Sari, Charlie

PeripheryPirate

• Warrant Officer
  • Your friendly neighborhood Periphery pirate!
« Reply #42 on: 07 February 2011, 04:46:51 »
I also want actual 3025-era support for AtoW

I'd like a plug-in for the DA era, myself, with the RotS as a possible affiliation. But my group has had little trouble "wingin' it" in the meantime.

wackrabbit

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • Who wants some, Doc?
« Reply #43 on: 07 February 2011, 05:39:43 »
Having a great read with Era Report 3052, looking forward to ER3062!
If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #44 on: 07 February 2011, 05:54:17 »
You know...while I have 3058, and 3058u...I will probably get the reprint simply because: It has a cover that makes the
Enfield and Emperor look COOL! Which is an accomplishment!
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)