Author Topic: Sourcebook wishlist  (Read 15843 times)

Phalanx

• Corporal
Sourcebook wishlist
« on: 27 January 2011, 18:29:36 »
Following the the vein on "what HTPs...you would like to see?" that started on the old forums, I have decided to refresh that discussion here.

UPDATE: There have been a great amount of sourcebooks, big and small made since I original created this thread. Based on what has already been announced, we can also expect:  Field Manual:3250 and TRO: 3250(Plus associated Record Sheets).

This is a wishlist, not a fan suggestion.

so without further ado:
1) Objectives:[NEW ERA](Series: FWL, CC, FS, DC, LC, Sphere Clans, and Periphery)
Basically, brings the Objectives stuff up to date for the new era.
2) Historical Turning Points:MacCarron's Long March
Details of MacCarron's 3015 Campaign.
3) Era Report: 3025
What better way to honor over 35 years of Battletech than to publish a book touching on the time period where it all began? Obviously such a book could not be published this year, but within the next 2 years, perhaps.
4) Historical: Brush Wars 2
I know this was announced , but has been shelved until further notice. However, if it ever sees the light of day, I would prefer it include: Operation Guerrero, Capellan-St Ives War, and the Coreward Pirate War(and handful of sourcebooks mentioned a pirate conflict BEFORE the Clan Invasion that put those worlds out of communication with the Inner Sphere)
5) Succession Wars
I know plans for an updated Succession Wars Game were announced and then shelved. What was developed has been  incorporated into the updated ISAW Rules. I think perhaps a PDF Exclusive combining what has been written into a full set of rules for playing as the ruler of a planet(either an independent world or one within a larger state) would be a nice addition to reinforcing the feudal idea of Battletech.

« Last Edit: 17 March 2019, 05:21:19 by Phalanx »

Statesman:  Our Warlord.

Warlord:  Your Statesman.

-Liaofan

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
Re: Sourcebook wishlist
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2011, 18:56:13 »
1) Hell yes, the original McCarron book made me want to see that old campaign so badly
2) Would love it if it kept some of the mystery of the Tribe instead of telling who it was once and for all
3) Already have books and novels on it
4) Already have a giant book on it and novels.
5) Cool but not really a battle anything, maybe do it as a Successor State specific Era Report?
6) Already has books and novels
7) Could be really good, though cannon numbers on the Great Refusal are a bit wonky
8) Books novels etc.
9) Yes, I would love more Deep Periphery stuff

I'll add a couple I'd like too.

10) Planetary Atlas of the Inner Sphere (Wish list right, well I'm gonna keep on wishing)
11) The Xenobiologic Encyclopedia (animals, plants, bacteria, any major non-earth critters)
12) Not a sourcebook but I want new dead tree novels, Jihad era would be a big plus though I wouldn't be against a couple of old Reunification war or Succession War historical novels.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2011, 19:01:10 »
How about a sourcebook set during the Succession Wars detailing piracy, that might be interesting.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

DarthRads

• Captain
  • Trust me...I'm the Doctor...
« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2011, 19:12:17 »
Expanded and corrected INNER SPHERE IN FLAMES, although for all I know, that might be in Interstelar Ops...

DarthRads

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 27 January 2011, 19:15:32 »
Oh...Handbook - Rim World Republic, Historicals - Fall Of the Star League, Historicals - 1st Succession War (with FULL house militaries including WarShip fleets at the outbreak!)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2011, 19:25:08 »
Well, aside from the forth coming Historical: Reunification War.

I'd like to see Historical:Liberation of Terra finally come out.  Though i'd rather see it called Amaris Coup.  That time period has so many blasted names, i wish they hang one name for that event...

I'd like to see Handbook:Terran Hegemony and Handbook:Republic of the Sphere (from 3130).
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #6 on: 27 January 2011, 19:28:12 »
You could probably do several books based on the Amaris Coup.  :)
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #7 on: 27 January 2011, 19:44:08 »
11) The Xenobiologic Encyclopedia (animals, plants, bacteria, any major non-earth critters)

That'd get my vote. An expansion of the various alien flora and fauna presented in the Classic BattleTech Companion would be neato.
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #8 on: 27 January 2011, 20:03:49 »
How about some additional info on the Clans "Dark Caste". Are they really pirates, or just refugees? Do they contain survivors of Widowmaker and Mongoose? Are they living on the ragged edge of survival or do they have a flourishing society outside of the Clans?

It will be nice when the War of Reaving stuff comes out too.

Kendo

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 27 January 2011, 20:11:38 »
How about a sourcebook set during the Succession Wars detailing piracy, that might be interesting.

I support this idea.  Given how many pirate contracts are out there, and the significance of piracy, we know very little about tactics, strategies, and general pirate life.

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 27 January 2011, 21:50:51 »
FM Terran Hegemony or FM Republic of the Sphere are hat I would love to see.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: 27 January 2011, 23:07:04 »
Historical: The Great Refusal
Historical: Operation Guerrero/ The War of 3057 (why not)
Dossier: The Bounty Hunter
Dossier: Natasha Kerensky
Feild Manual: The Republic of the Sphere

Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

DarthRads

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 28 January 2011, 00:28:51 »
Feild Manual: The Republic of the Sphere

Isn't the refusal covered in Twilight of the Clans?

TheOldDragoon

• Sergeant
  • From Royal With Love
    • TexMechs - The Home of the Royal Dragoon Guards
« Reply #13 on: 28 January 2011, 00:38:10 »
Era Report : 3005
or
Historical : The Succession Wars

I'm also eagerly awaiting Interstellar Ops, for the faction rules.  Right now, we're using a cribbed coversion of the noble house rules from A Song of Ice and Fire RPG to handle the campaign we're running, where the nobles of the planet Royal have been ordered by their Duke to create a unit representing all their Houses Minor- but in the background there is still political maneuvering and deals, betrayal and general underhandedness going on.  It very much leans toward the "Dune with giant robots" feel of the 3SW right down to the House of Lords on Royal being termed a Landsraad.
JEFFREY A. WEBB
Colonel
Regiment Commanding Officer
The Royal Dragoon Guards

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 28 January 2011, 01:54:50 »
I was thinking of the Refusal War (also covered in The Falcon and Wolf) but a new book on ether would be great.

RAE

• Sergeant
  • Capellan Confederation: Deadly Stylish
« Reply #15 on: 28 January 2011, 04:26:11 »
I'd love to see Jihad Turning Points: New Syrtis. Though, actually, any Turning Points series book involving the Capellan forces will do.

1)Historical:McCarron's Long March
Too small for a separate Historical, too big for Operational Turning Points format :-\

3)Historical Turning Points:Coventry
If you mean 3058 battle for Coventry, then it has already been done in Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion.

Jihad Turning Points: Coventry is what I'd actually look forward to.

4)Historical:FedCom Civil War
Well, given that all the Historicals by far stick to the same format the original FCCWSB has, I'd say we already have a Historical for that one.

"Everything falls if it gets hit hard enough. I'll just have to make sure it don't get up again"
- Marcus Barton, Colonel, 2nd MAC

OverKill

• Lieutenant
  • Marauder MAD-3D "Guan-Yu"
« Reply #16 on: 28 January 2011, 08:40:00 »
Dossier: The Bounty Hunter (I've been able to find very little about this personality although it is mentioned in a few of the books but I'd love to see a specific history and this guy fleshed out)
Dossier: Natasha Kerensky (although Tales of the Black Widow Company has a fair bit, as does More Tales of the Black Widow)
Dossier: Kai Allard Laio (this guy is supposed to be the best of the best right? The main Competitor to Natasha Keresnky herself?)
Colonel Mason Grimm
Grimm Reaper Company (Grimm's Reapers)
Piloting: Marauder MAD-3D - Guan-Yu
We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye!

target_destroyed

• Corporal
  • BOOM - Headshot!
« Reply #17 on: 28 January 2011, 09:02:01 »
Well I'm a Clan fan, and I loved Op: Klondike, so I'd have to say Historical: Refusal War.
Star Captain Aaron Hazen - Trinary Bravo
9th Talon Cluster, Jade Falcon (Gamma) Galaxy

We are Crusaders and will trample all who stand in our way!

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #18 on: 28 January 2011, 09:30:38 »
1) Master Technical Readout- Organized by Lights, Mediums, Heavies, and Assaults, a Multi Volume TRO that contains in its holy pages artwork for every battlemech, from multiple sources including but not limited to the card game, cartoon, and prior sourcebooks. fluff placing an emphasis on famous pilots and deployment more then history or capabilities.

2) Jihad Secrets: The Masters Hands- probably better suited to the dossiers, but use this as a full write up on Manei Domini VIPs with artwork, Mechs/Tanks/Aerofighters where they apply, a list of implants, and other RPG Materiels

3)JTP: Canopus, Odessa/Gabriel, and Arcturus

4) Battletech: 20 Year Update II, a product to jump us from 3010 to Grey Monday.

5) The Geneva Trials- as a legal nut I would love to see post jihad war crime transcripts
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Thoth

• Corporal
« Reply #19 on: 28 January 2011, 11:04:03 »
A Sourcebook on after the Dark Ages.

Star Colonel Thoth Kerensky, Clan Wolf

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #20 on: 28 January 2011, 11:25:00 »
Dossier: The Bounty Hunter (I've been able to find very little about this personality although it is mentioned in a few of the books but I'd love to see a specific history and this guy fleshed out)

Haven't we already had a lot more written about this persona than what would need to go in a Dossier? He had an entire chapter in one of the ISP books. Or do you want specific persons. We know of mulitple people who have been the Dread Pirate Roberts Bounty Hunter

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: 28 January 2011, 12:32:44 »
Oh yeah, I forgot. There needs to be a book with art of THOMAS HOGARTH!!! in it. I don't care what the book is, but it is needed.

ArcaneRaven

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 28 January 2011, 12:44:17 »
Handbook: House Liao
Field Report: FWLM
Field Report: LCAF
Field Report: Periphery
XTRO: Periphery
XTRO: Steiner
Historicals: Reunification War

Proposed books:

Handbook: Magistracy of Canopus
Handbook: Taurian Concordat
Handbook: Outworlds Alliance
Handbook: Rasalhague Dominion
Handbook: Marian Hegemony
JTP: Canopus IV

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 28 January 2011, 12:49:33 »
Field Manual: The Republic of the Sphere

All of those would be nice to see.

Also breaking down each of the Succession Wars would be interesting to see.
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #24 on: 28 January 2011, 13:11:10 »
Here easier wishes to make possible.  Though they are Jihad related.

• Operational Turning Points: Operation Steel Hammer - Liberation of Donegal, Conventry and Hesprus II
  • Opterational Turinging Points: Alliance / League Border War - Battle between Duke of Skye and Free Worlds League
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

CPLT-C1

• Corporal
  • Hollis Incorporated did things big.
    • Magistracy of Canopus
« Reply #25 on: 28 January 2011, 17:53:37 »
I support this idea.  Given how many pirate contracts are out there, and the significance of piracy, we know very little about tactics, strategies, and general pirate life.

This! How many people have wound up doing piracy? That's probably the most popular RPG group after mercenary, not counting mercenaries that turn to piracy.
So you're saying it's Cold War era sci-fi war machines?

DarthRads

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: 28 January 2011, 19:53:49 »
I was thinking of the Refusal War (also covered in The Falcon and Wolf) but a new book on ether would be great.

That was covered in detail in FALCON AND THE WOLF way back when...

DarthRads

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: 28 January 2011, 19:55:18 »

4) Battletech: 20 Year Update II, a product to jump us from 3010 to Grey Monday.

Now that is a nice idea...

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #28 on: 28 January 2011, 22:50:15 »
That was covered in detail in FALCON AND THE WOLF way back when...
Yeah I Know, I said that when I posted it.
Sense not all of us still own a copy of FatW or may have not had a chance, I thought another look at the Refuse War as part of the Historical series would be nice. 

Kamov

• Warrant Officer
  • It's time to end this ones and for all
« Reply #29 on: 28 January 2011, 23:22:32 »
I wish for a sourcebook detailing just exactly *what* the situation is with the Raven Alliance.  Does the OA exist anymore?  Has it been taken over by the Snow Ravens?  So little information on the Outworlds - it is frustrating for me.
(The above writing is entirely my opinion based upon my own incomplete knowledge of life, the universe, and everything beyond it and should be taken as such although I don't want to tell you what to do, because that's your right and your freedom to choose your own opinions and ablah blah blah legalese etc etc)

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #30 on: 28 January 2011, 23:28:26 »
Oh yeah, I forgot. There needs to be a book with art of THOMAS HOGARTH!!! in it. I don't care what the book is, but it is needed.

Paper is not manly enough to hold the graven image of THOMAS HOGARTH!!!

Kamov

• Warrant Officer
  • It's time to end this ones and for all
« Reply #31 on: 28 January 2011, 23:55:01 »
XTRO:  Hogarth
Era Report:  The Age of Hogarth
Operational Turning Points:  Hogarth Compilation
Field Report:  Hogarth
Dawn of the Hogarth
A Time of Hogarth:  The Social General's RPG
Hogarth Turning Points:  The Duchess of Bolan's Winter Ball

And the newest iterations of the Battletech core ruleset:
Total HOGARTH
TacticalJust-Use-Loads-of-Armor HOGARTH
Strategic HOGARTH
Interstellar HOGARTH
(The above writing is entirely my opinion based upon my own incomplete knowledge of life, the universe, and everything beyond it and should be taken as such although I don't want to tell you what to do, because that's your right and your freedom to choose your own opinions and ablah blah blah legalese etc etc)

DarthRads

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 29 January 2011, 00:35:03 »
Sense not all of us still own a copy of FatW or may have not had a chance, I thought another look at the Refuse War as part of the Historical series would be nice.

Mines pretty trashed so a new one would always be nice...especially with the new artwork they have been bringing out!

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #33 on: 29 January 2011, 02:44:06 »
And the newest iterations of the Battletech core ruleset:
Total HOGARTH

This.
Maker of big things.

DarthRads

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 29 January 2011, 04:40:32 »

Let's take it a step further and do Historical: Fall of the Clans or something like that incorporating the refusal war through to the Great Refusal, maybe call it Historical : the 2nd Star League?

Orin

• Recruit
« Reply #35 on: 29 January 2011, 07:53:28 »
A book or books explaining what is going on or happened in the clan homeworlds as there is only so long one can cruise on "we aren't going to talk about that"

RAE

• Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 29 January 2011, 08:11:41 »
A book or books explaining what is going on or happened in the clan homeworlds as there is only so long one can cruise on "we aren't going to talk about that"
Wars of Reaving sourcebook is scheduled for realese this year, you know :)

"Everything falls if it gets hit hard enough. I'll just have to make sure it don't get up again"

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #37 on: 29 January 2011, 11:56:54 »
Wars of Reaving sourcebook is scheduled for realese this year, you know :)

It is? News to me.
Eh.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: 29 January 2011, 12:12:20 »
I want something with a more in depth look at of Clan: Widowmaker

I love that clan, no idea why, cause Natasha Kerensky never caught my attention all that much
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #39 on: 29 January 2011, 13:18:42 »
It is? News to me.

Don't worry - we would have told you eventually.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #40 on: 29 January 2011, 13:54:24 »
Quote from: 2010-1211 BattleChat 1
<Habeas2> ScottSR - All work (art and writing) for the Wars of Reaving project is already underway. The product is scheduled to release in 2011.

Of course, the operative word is "scheduled". All kinds of things can disrupt the schedule.

RAE

• Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: 29 January 2011, 14:04:34 »
It is? News to me.
Well, that's what Herb said during the BattleChat (roosterboy have already posted that quote). Wheather it will actually hit the shelves this year is another question, of course, but I'm trying to hope for the best :)

Davout73

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: 29 January 2011, 14:10:33 »
Something on the Marik Civil War after Janos died would be pretty cool IMO...

Davout73
Kiiro no Torii, a Battletech AU, found here:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,7316.0.html
Interview with a Mercenary, found here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,319.0.html
Every Man Must Be Tempted, a KNT Universe series: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/every-man-must-be-tempted
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent, because the competent use it when it could do some good."

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #43 on: 29 January 2011, 18:13:47 »

Davout73

Historical: Brush Wars covers that period.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #44 on: 29 January 2011, 19:17:35 »
Historical: Brush Wars covers that period.

Depends on Which Marik Civil War your talking about.  Just about as Amaris Coup was about to or going on, House Marik was in state of Civil War over Succession.   I found alot folks forget about that one unless they read the old House Book.  Handbook does cover it too.  I always found little frustrating wars are well named. 

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #45 on: 29 January 2011, 19:26:16 »
Well, Davout did specifically mention the Marik Civil War after Janos died, which is in Brush Wars

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #46 on: 29 January 2011, 19:29:51 »

The Shattered Sphere sourcebook also features some info as well.
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

Xir

• Recruit
« Reply #47 on: 29 January 2011, 20:47:39 »
I'd like to see

1. War of Reaving
2. 2nd Star League
3. Pirates
4. Amaris Coup
5. Minnesota Tribe

Maybe some Golden Century stuff, if there's any interesting things during that time.

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #48 on: 29 January 2011, 23:43:32 »
1. Minnesota Tribe
2. Clan Wolverine
3. Clan Widowmaker (including all types regarding bloodnames)
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #49 on: 30 January 2011, 05:20:30 »
Maybe some Golden Century stuff, if there's any interesting things during that time.

There's a PDF-only Golden Century sourcebook, in case you don't know about it.  It's a good read.

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #50 on: 30 January 2011, 07:36:44 »
The War of Reaving book is news to me and very welcome news at that. 

Frank

• Master Sergeant
  • The True Holders Of Kerensky's Legecy
« Reply #51 on: 30 January 2011, 23:22:51 »
1) War Of Reaving
2) Field Manual update 3085
3) Field Manual update 3130
4) Brush Wars 3085-3130
5) Fact book about important people of 3130
6) Rim Worlds Republic Field Manual

DarthRads

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: 31 January 2011, 03:57:55 »
1) War Of Reaving
2) Field Manual update 3085
3) Field Manual update 3130
4) Brush Wars 3085-3130
5) Fact book about important people of 3130
6) Rim Worlds Republic Field Manual

This is actually a REALLY good idea, particularly items 2-4...a nice, simple way to bring us up to DA era but not quite as sudden as the 20 Year Update

Xir

• Recruit
« Reply #53 on: 31 January 2011, 10:31:08 »
There's a PDF-only Golden Century sourcebook, in case you don't know about it.  It's a good read.

I didn't. Welp, that's going in the to-buy queue.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #54 on: 31 January 2011, 10:45:37 »

http://www.classicbattletech.com/index.php?action=products&mode=full&id=310

There's the product page with links to BattleShop and DriveThruRPG.  it's a very good read, with a rundown of the major events of the Century, a profile of Clan Mongoose, Stats for a number of early OmniMechs (as well as a BattleMech, Warship (the Quicksilver Mongoose mentioned in the Du Shi Wang's writeup in TRO: 3075) and Aerospace fighter), Character Generation rules for ATOW, new RATs, a few othe rnice bits.  The only point of contention is that 3 pages are dedicated to a rundown of how the different Trials work.  It's useful info and I don't think it's in any other in-print book, but I would have preferred a bit more era-specific data.

DarthRads

• Captain
« Reply #55 on: 31 January 2011, 18:27:23 »

It is, though I have some issues with one part. Good sum of of the Widowmakers as well...

Sgtops54

• Private
« Reply #56 on: 31 January 2011, 20:50:34 »
I would love to see a remake of the Wolfs Dragoons sourcebook with more info on before they left for the IS and also what they did on their supply runs.

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #57 on: 01 February 2011, 08:23:08 »
I would love to see a remake of the Wolfs Dragoons sourcebook with more info on before they left for the IS and also what they did on their supply runs.
  Hell, I'd be happy just to see the old Wolf's Dragoons sourcebook released as a .pdf.  (Bonus points for the Unseen being left in, but even I'm not that much of an optimist.  ::) :D)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #58 on: 01 February 2011, 10:38:08 »
I would like to see a Sourcebook of the Star League redo.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

kenlon

« Reply #59 on: 01 February 2011, 12:57:44 »
1. Interstellar Ops.
2. Interstellar Ops.
3. Interstellar Ops.
4. Interstellar Ops.
5. Interstellar Ops.

Oh, and did I mention I want them to finally put out Interstellar Ops? :D

wwwjason

• Sergeant
  • Some People Call Me the Space Cowboy
« Reply #60 on: 01 February 2011, 13:21:09 »

Davout73

Seconded :)
Jason Williamson, Captain of the Dragoon's Home Guard, witness to the Death of Jaime Wolf at Harlech, Outreach, Oct. 18 3067.

DarthRads

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: 01 February 2011, 18:24:03 »
1. Interstellar Ops.
2. Interstellar Ops.
3. Interstellar Ops.
4. Interstellar Ops.
5. Interstellar Ops.

YES!!!!

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: 01 February 2011, 22:23:16 »
1. Interstellar Ops.
2. Interstellar Ops.
3. Interstellar Ops.
4. Interstellar Ops.
5. Interstellar Ops.

Agreed

CPLT-C1

• Corporal
    • Magistracy of Canopus
« Reply #63 on: 03 February 2011, 12:30:38 »
Also:

6. Interstellar Ops.

wwwjason

• Sergeant
  • Some People Call Me the Space Cowboy
« Reply #64 on: 03 February 2011, 13:36:02 »
Interstellar Ops has been at the top of my wishlist for announced products for a long time. I'm also anxious for more HexPacks.
Jason Williamson, Captain of the Dragoon's Home Guard, witness to the Death of Jaime Wolf at Harlech, Outreach, Oct. 18 3067.

CPLT-C1

• Corporal
    • Magistracy of Canopus
« Reply #65 on: 04 February 2011, 13:17:53 »
Interstellar Ops has been at the top of my wishlist for announced products for a long time. I'm also anxious for more HexPacks.

The rivers and lakes pack were really nice! I've always been underwhelmed by the official maps before that set.

I'd love to have all sorts of packs of that quality with different terrain types like the dungeon tile sets D&D has.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #66 on: 06 February 2011, 00:37:44 »
Books I'm banking on post Clan Box

Historical Turning Points: Operation Dragonslayer
Operational Turning Points: Dominion War
Operational Turning Points: Jade Falcon-Steel Viper War
Operational Turning Points: Operation Audacity

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #67 on: 06 February 2011, 06:23:24 »
I was thinking an OTP of the Dominion War would be cool, but it might be too big...

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #68 on: 06 February 2011, 08:40:42 »
Some sort of FM U for the DA era.  Way too much i need to know about, and at the moment we've not much to go on about the period.
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

DarthRads

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: 07 February 2011, 01:15:59 »

Perhaps fully updated, compiling all of the information we now have up to their fall in the Jihad...settingus up for the Dragoons to rise again!

wackrabbit

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • Who wants some, Doc?
« Reply #70 on: 07 February 2011, 04:15:04 »
OTP: Halstead Station
If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #71 on: 07 February 2011, 18:38:22 »
You are correct sir, the The Falcon and Wolf sourcebook does cover it.  Though i wish it were in some pdf form.

Anyways
Really long shot request.
  • Field Manual: Republic Territories
  • Field Manual: Inner Spher Clans 3140

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 07 February 2011, 19:18:20 »
I would love a reprint of The Falcon and the Wolf if not a PDF but I would dig a Historical sense CGL always gives us knew stuff when trending familiar ground.

Also;
OTP: Frontier Wars would be nice so we so we get the details on the formation of the Raven Alliance along with their war with the DC.

target_destroyed

• Corporal
  • BOOM - Headshot!
« Reply #73 on: 07 February 2011, 19:22:41 »
I would love a reprint of The Falcon and the Wolf if not a PDF but I would dig a Historical sense CGL always gives us knew stuff when trending familiar ground.
Seconded.
Star Captain Aaron Hazen - Trinary Bravo
9th Talon Cluster, Jade Falcon (Gamma) Galaxy

We are Crusaders and will trample all who stand in our way!