Author Topic: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)  (Read 99705 times)

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Reply #1410 on: 09 May 2024, 17:00:28 »
And finally...

The Tankus class. (I cheated here, as I had only four named models on this list; instead, I added a "fifth" in the form of Luciora's other Shockwave expy using a Highlander Mech mode.)

- Herb

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1411 on: 09 May 2024, 18:05:59 »
Hmm having a Ladyfaire-Z Bluestreak in my collection would be nice...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1412 on: 09 May 2024, 18:37:42 »
If anyone can do that project justice, it's you, good sir! :)

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #1413 on: 10 May 2024, 03:42:18 »
Oh wow, those came out great.  The Swoopers are definitely a trip to see, and the differences in the two Streaker chassis really show the difference between the Classis and Reseen Griffins. Also, it's trippy to see how well both a Cyclops and a Highlander work for Shockwave. Lastly, they kind of make me wish there was a version of the Clint with two hands and a jettison-capble gun pod. Of course, I also wish there was some sort of ballistic weapon that could stand in as a 'Mech-scale revolver, too: the heavy rifle has the right ammo load, but seems awfully big.

They also give me a clearer idea of what Groundwave would really look like: in his original proto-Streaker form, he would have basically been a prototype or predecessor to the Scrambler A, though his alt mode would more closely resemble a VW Fastback or, if you ask my wife, an AMC Concord wagon. Paintwise, I'd originally pictured just standard olive drab, but a parade scheme might be better.

« Last Edit: 10 May 2024, 03:46:36 by Giovanni Blasini »
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1414 on: 10 May 2024, 08:26:59 »
Its too bad the current Hermes and Hermes II sculpts weren't more balanced scale-wise. And the Clint was a bit bigger. *sigh*

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1415 on: 10 May 2024, 18:13:39 »
A Thunderbolt-20 could almost work as a revolver, but it's too heavy to be a hand-held... ;D

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1416 on: 10 May 2024, 19:51:39 »
A Thunderbolt-20 could almost work as a revolver, but it's too heavy to be a hand-held... ;D

I'm thinking more of "jettison-capable weapons" like the Griffin, Wolverine, BattleMaster, etc., where the weapon is integrated into the chassis.

Your typical medium 'Mech, like a Wolverine or Griffin, could use a heavy rifle like a revolver carbine, with extra tons of ammo being "speedloaders".  The image absolutely cracks me up.

For smaller guns, you could do a medium rifle with a ton of ammo, for a "smaller caliber" revolver.  Oddly enough, a NARC with a ton of explosive ammo would make for a four-ton "six-shooter" that does 4 points of damage at medium laser/SRM range, but also takes 4 tons to do it.  Probably not worth it in either case, but it's possible.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1417 on: 11 May 2024, 02:15:24 »
Okay, one last doodle group: the AeroMechs (Aerialbots).

Although only one named AeroMech-A is in the TRO, it's basically the equivalent of the Seeker II; a slightly bigger version of the baseline AeroMech chassis types.

At this point, I *have* to stop myself and get to some paying work for a while, so in the meantime, take care, folks!

- Herb

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1418 on: 11 May 2024, 08:51:46 »
When I get time , I will piece the new art into the book I've already assembled.
Thank you for still working on the book I know you have other things you want to do but it's fun to have this project.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #1419 on: 11 May 2024, 12:22:16 »

All I'm thinking of now is a Clint Custom Variant made by a "Francis Callahan" equipped with one of those.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1420 on: 11 May 2024, 13:05:51 »
That would be tricky... Thunderbolt-20s are 15 tons... ;)

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #1421 on: 11 May 2024, 14:31:18 »
Talk about needing to feel lucky...
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1422 on: 11 May 2024, 15:47:47 »
Maybe make the ammo "hand held"? ;D

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1423 on: 12 May 2024, 19:36:38 »
The prototype Thunderbolt's weighed 1 ton. You could make 6 of them look like a 6-shot revolver or pistol. It's not as devastating as a Thunderbolt-20 but it'd only weigh 6 tons.

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1424 on: 12 May 2024, 19:47:30 »
Love the artwork! Thank you Herb!

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1425 on: 12 May 2024, 21:06:49 »
Okay, one last doodle group: the AeroMechs (Aerialbots).

Although only one named AeroMech-A is in the TRO, it's basically the equivalent of the Seeker II; a slightly bigger version of the baseline AeroMech chassis types.

At this point, I *have* to stop myself and get to some paying work for a while, so in the meantime, take care, folks!

- Herb

Thank you so much for doing these, along with all the others you've done.  I love how the AeroMechs came out, but I'm surprised how much I like the AeroMech-A.  It's giving me...ideas.

Register