Author Topic: TO&E Question.  (Read 1430 times)

Go For The Throat

• Warrant Officer
  • I would rather not be known as the underkill guy.
TO&E Question.
« on: 31 July 2012, 01:21:19 »
I figure this is the correct place to post this, but if not, please move it to the correct forum.

How exactly are Omni percentage ratings for TO&Es calculated?

I was looking through my copy of FM:WC, and cross-referencing the information in FM:U to see the progression of a unit for an upcoming campaign, when I noticed something peculiar. The 34th Strike Cluster, Delta Galaxy, Clan Coyote is fluffed as "every Star being a Nova, except those in the Aerospace Trinary" per FM:WC, yet in the TO&E of FM:U is listed as 100% Omni. How is this? The presence of Elementals should technically bring down the percentage in question, right? Since they are "Battle Armor", not  "Omni Battle Armor". Or am I just overthinking this? Thanks in advance for your time, and answers.
Victor Davion, proof that even with the technology available in the BattleTech Universe, it still takes 104 years to get rid of VD...
IlClan: Where Clan Tech is given, not earned.

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: TO&E Question.
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2012, 08:12:23 »
You're overthinking it. =)

For one, the % applies to the part of the force where that's a relevant question.
For another, Elementals (and many other BA designs) have limited 'omni' capability. IE, swapping the laser for the flamer.

So, either way, you're good to go.

Paul
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Go For The Throat

• Warrant Officer
  • I would rather not be known as the underkill guy.
Re: TO&E Question.
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2012, 00:49:10 »
I figured as much, being left to my own devices is rarely a good thing.

Not sure why I did not notice that until now, but good to know that the process is not overly complicated.
Figured that had something to do with that, or their inherent connection by which Omni-anything carries Battle Armor easier than their conventional cousins.

Thank you again for the quick response.
Victor Davion, proof that even with the technology available in the BattleTech Universe, it still takes 104 years to get rid of VD...
IlClan: Where Clan Tech is given, not earned.