Author Topic: Primering when the weather is humid  (Read 1123 times)

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
Primering when the weather is humid
« on: 15 August 2022, 17:55:39 »
This is my main solution when primering when the weather is nasty-
Using a (thinned) brushed on Gesso (e.g. the Bob Ross brand).  I know that spray primer's out of the question due to the heat.  What other solutions do you used for primering your miniatures during the humidity?

EDIT and OT: apparently this is my 600th post  ;D
« Last Edit: 15 August 2022, 23:47:43 by Sapphirus »

Rougarou Rhapsody

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • Agent #1053
Re: Primering when the weather is humid
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2022, 12:23:05 »
I prime outside all year round and in all weather conditions.  Have even primed when it is raining outside. Assuming that your primer and minis are coming directly from an environmentally controlled setting and are used near immediately....I mean I have never encountered any of the "common problems" you see talked about online and I have been doing it for very close to 2 decades at this point.
“No half measures. Some things can’t be cut in half. You can’t half-love someone. You can’t half-betray, or half-lie.” ― Mark Lawrence, Emperor of Thorns

Xan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2022, 22:15:12 »
I have had good luck with the Vallejo brush on primers.  I have used a couple of different colors on both plastic and metal.  I had one plastic one where the paint I put over the primer seemed to lay weird (it pulled back from the edges), and I don't know if that means I didn't clean the plastic well enough or if it was an issue with the primer.  I primed three other models at the same time and they all came out OK.

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2022, 15:57:51 »
so does that mean that I can spray primer according to the recommended temperature from the instructions on the can or I just primer it right away, regardless of weather?