Author Topic: Hell's Horses Alpha Galaxy vs. Wolves in Exile Black Widows.  (Read 3227 times)

willydstyle

• Captain
This was my first time out with my full Hell's Horses nova. Forces were as follows, all mechs with 3/4 pilots, all battle armor with 3/4, all vees and infantry 4/5:

Hell's Horses Alpha Galaxy:

Nova Prime
Stormcrow B
Ice Ferret H
2 Epona prime
2 Enyo strike tank
1 point Salamanders
1 point Elementals (flamer)
1 point Afreets
2 points Gnomes
1 Anhur troop transport carrying 1 point Clan Heavy Jump Infantry (from TRO 3085)

Wolves in Exile Black Widows:
Mad Cat II
Warhammer IIC 5
Timberwolf Prime
Solitaire
Night Wolf
Shadow Cat C

The game was played on 4 map sheets, with my opponent deploying on the "standard" mapsheet and a rolling hills map, I my ground-bound mechs and Enyos towards the center of my board edge, on a map with mostly roads and a few stands of forests, my VTOL, hover tanks, and Nova deployed on the river delta map.  All BA were mounted on omnis, and the infantry were carried by the Anhur.

The first turn saw my opponent maneuver his Madcat II, Timby and Warhammer to sniping positions on the tops of hills, while he maneuvered his faster solitaire and Shadowcat in a flanking maneuver on the left side of my forces where my Enyos took advantage of the roads to move in response, and his night wolf ran up the middle to be able to play bodyguard to either side of his forces. My eponas moved forward to take cover behind a hill, and my Anhur flew forward at elevation 1 to place some forests between those deadly hags and its thin skin, and my Nova followed it up. Shooting saw a large pulse laser strip the armor from one of the Solitaire's arms, but no other effective fire.

Turn 2 he ran his two speedier mechs away from the center of the board, and jumped his night wolf to the top of a hill in a forest, my enyos chased after his fast-movers, and my eponas moved to face the night wolf, the fenris and ryoken dropped off their battle armor at the foot of the same hill. His warhammer and madcat II maintained their sniping positions, and the timberwolf moved forward to engage my infantry from 2 hexes away. My Nova jumped forward again, and the anhur dropped off the infantry with a hill between it and the two assault mechs, but the madcat was about 6 hexes away and in LoS. In shooting, one of my eponas combined with an Enyo gutted his shadowcat from the rear, causing 3 engine crits, the other enyo damaged some armor on the nightwolf, and my fenris hit the solitaire with an ERLL and an SRM6, further damaging the armor and internals, but causing no critical damage. His shooting only damaged armor on my fenris and caused some minor motive and armor damage on an enyo. His timberwolf destroyed the infantry in the open with two LRM20 and 2 machine gun hits.

Turn 3, he runs the solitaire to the edge of the board away from the main fight, and I follow with an epona (well-named as "pursuit tank"). His nightwolf jumps off his hill into a stand of trees, and a unit of elementals and gnomes follow, my enyos turn to face its position.  My ryoken and ice ferret flank behind his night wolf to encroach on his sniping positions. My anhur backs around a hill to keep the hill between it and the Whammy, and his timberwolf, in a *huge* tactical mistake, follows it at a walk.  My Nova is able to park itself right behind the timby by running up the hill, dropping a point of Salamanders as well. In a hail of SRM fire, the enyos cause a through-armor gyro crit on the nightwolf, and the BA squads pepper it with more SRMs, sand-blasting more armor, the epona and solitaire exchange fire, with the solitaire missing and the epona removing one o the light mech's arms, but as it has no arm-mounted weapons it's still not significant damage. The timberwolf destroys the Anhur, but 8 ER medium lasers needing only 6s to hit tears through the rear armor on the heavy mech, causing two engine hits and a gyro crit, and the timby shuts down from heat to add insult to injury.  The nightwolf returns fire on the Enyos, killing one, but the heavy damage and gyro crit sends it spiraling into the dirt, down but not out. The Ice Ferret and Warhammer IIC exchange fire, and the Ice Ferret comes out the worse from the exchange, with most of its armor stripped.

Turn 4, the solitaire backs against the board edge to face his pursuer, the elementals and gnomes converge on the Nightwolf, and the remaining enyo, epona, ice ferret, ryoken, and nova all surge towards the warhammer IIC, where the salamanders jump onto the shut-down timberwolf.  The dueling solitaire and epona destroy each other, as they were both finally moving slow enough to target one another accurately.  The elementals and gnomes fire at the night wolf as it regains its feet, destroying one if its ATM launchers, and it mostly misses, only successfully damaging some of the armor on the heavy BA. The Warhammer takes out the other epona, and a gauss rifle slug from the madcat II cores the center torso of the ice ferret, but combined fire from the ice ferret, storm crow, and nova knock the warhammer pilot out with a couple of head hits and by detonating one of the HAG's capacitors. The salamanders successfully damage the timberwolf's upper and lower leg actuators.

At this point my opponent is pretty demoralized, and concedes the game.

Vlads Fangs

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Wolf Empire Forever! Next stop- Terra!
Re: Hell's Horses Alpha Galaxy vs. Wolves in Exile Black Widows.
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2012, 20:06:41 »
 O0 (Yay WIE  }:))

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2012, 17:01:33 »
O0 (Yay WIE  }:))

Hah, someone actually responded :D

It was a pretty successful outing for my Horses' baptism in fire, but I wish my opponent had more of a fighting spirit.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2012, 19:43:57 »
Sounds like a good game, I've had a lot of success with a Hell's Horses star I put together as a one time use throw away unit and kept using them and haven't lost yet. Though many of their games have been pretty close. Most have come down to just 1-2 'Mechs standing and most of my tanks trashed after having accomplished their goal of at least slowing down/chipping away at the other side's biggest and baddest. Eponas are a lot of fun.