Author Topic: The Curmudgeonly Dank and Unpleasantly Moist Underground Lair of Achoo  (Read 140863 times)

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
  • Justice will be delicious!!!
he's the mopar messiah, not the fusion messiah :P
Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
Weirdo: Sounds like the proper reaction to a Macross Cannon to me.
Quote from: Weirdo
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.

BirdofPrey

• Major
His loss.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
yeah. if he could turn water into near unlimited clean energy it would be great
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pimpin' Mopar Goodness since the Dawn of Time
*sigh* Mopar, you post on a BattleTech site and you do not know the name of a fusion engine type, such as the Vlar 260 type used in the Taurian Thunderbolts, the Vlar 280 type used in the Taurian Ostscouts and Warhammers? And lets not forget the various standard, light, and XL Vlar 300 engines used in the Black Hawk KU, Shugenja, Tessen, Vanquisher, Pillager, Bandersnatch, Raijin II, King Crab, Anvil, Black Knight, Toyama, Orion, Marauder, and Penetrator BattleMechs and the Eagle and Thunderbird aerospace fighters?

No I did not remember that.  I'm not up on reading TROs. 

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
*sigh* BattleTech poser!
READ THE TRO'S
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

Gustav Kuriga

• Warrant Officer
  • Fluffeh Fennec
There are TRO's? Why didn't anyone tell me?
that's nonsense you loon. i use a hammer to drive screws and I ENJOY IT  - Cik

BirdofPrey

• Major
You're new here, you have to sign a few forms before being privy to certain information.
*A delivery man comes in with three boxes full of documents*
Ah, here it is now.  The phone book sized one is the information packet, the rest are waivers, permission slips and such.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
don't sign those. They will make certain that when something happens, all your worldly and spiritual belongings, yes, that includes your soul, are signed over to BoP
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

BirdofPrey

• Major
*Hands SR a packet*
Signs this and BoP industries will share up to fifteen of our earnings off Gustav's post life total value consolidation.
Note, BoP industries still retains the rights to all biomass collected through the program, but we guarantee any body parts BoP Industries is unable to make use of will receive a proper burial.

Gustav Kuriga

• Warrant Officer
  • Fluffeh Fennec
My tail?
that's nonsense you loon. i use a hammer to drive screws and I ENJOY IT  - Cik

BirdofPrey

• Major
You'll find a detailed listing in your information book.
Do note that by opening the informational material you consent to the full bioscan we already took of you when you entered the lair.

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
*sigh* BattleTech poser!
READ THE TRO'S

Do you have any idea how backlogged I am on my CBT reading?   :-[

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
Well, since you had no idea what Vlar meant................and since that was in TRO 3025 that was released more than 20 years ago..............waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind!   8)
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
I have the B-tech novel Far Country, does that count?
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
I have first edition Battletech rule books. I have the first editions of all of the TRO's, from when they were first released. Bought them brand new when they were first released. Does that count?

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
I have the  Battletech compendium: Rules of Warfare with a Jade Falcon Timberwolf on front cover and a Naga in background. Tons of unseen pics too inside
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
Ditto. First edition. Bought brand spanking new.

Because I am old and have been playing the game since it first came out.

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
Mine was given to me and was the book Extreme and I used to play. It helped until all the WOB special weapons, then I used the Sarna site

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
Wow achoo, do you fart dust?
Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
Nope. Just old. Not ancient. Having all the old stuff isn't hard if you bought it when you was a young whippersnapper like you young kids!    ;D

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
I have first edition Battletech rule books. I have the first editions of all of the TRO's, from when they were first released. Bought them brand new when they were first released. Does that count?

I've got Battledroid box sets and I did read TRO 3025 but it was probably back in 1990.   :(

I have more Battletech stuff than you could imagine.  My wife just shakes her head

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Well.... I might have to bring my portable closet with all of my BT stuff.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
Man, owning some battle droid minis would be neat. The only non-bashed unseen I have are a P-hawk, 2nd gen Archer, and Vixen

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
Man, owning some battle droid minis would be neat. The only non-bashed unseen I have are a P-hawk, 2nd gen Archer, and Vixen

I've managed to get them all.  The BD Griffin and Shadowhawk were the hardest. 

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
Those mechs get spendy on eBay and such. My next to grab will have to be the battlemaster unseen, or the Jenner IIC

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
Just be careful you don't end up with a few repro or worse.

Bought a now unseen Marauder II, original and all, son of a gun dumbbell moron sent the thing to me via standard legal letter envelope. Got it all smashed up and such...  Not did I only refused to buy other items I really wanted, and they were cheap, I reported him as a bad mailer on this site, oh... three crashes ago or so.  When did they removed the old marketplace thread? 05? 06? I think the a guy was scamming fakes or repoductioning Reaper or Ral Partha minis or was just getting money and not sending products, I can't remember what. But just be careful.

TT

Also wish the TPTB would allow us to have a new marketplace, but just list their CBT names and maybe a link to their Ebay account names. Or allow a link to the battletech Ebay site. By making it a sticky account, we can't post to it, but maybe be allowed to see if someone is selling. But the CBTer needs to agree to allow such a listing.  Just asking... Also a good place to list CamoSpec and IronWindMetals as well. Just an idea of course. Truetanker
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
And no proper packaging can prevent the Mad Dogs from having bent barrels on the lasers. Perhaps that is result of allowing wombat to do the menial task of blister-packing minis.

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
I have a few lead unseens that I got off a friend parting with all his stuff en masse to pay hospital bills, but most of my unseens come from the 3rd ed box set plastics.

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
I like the weight of lead to plastic, but paint seems to hold on plastic better. The one killer is those mold lines

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
Nail file and a slight heating takes care of that. Just don't use nail polish...  >:( takes close to a month in the pine sol wash per mini to get rid of most NOT all of it!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse